Sign in to follow this  
TacticalRambo

How to find teammates in coop mission

Hi there,

how to determine where my teammates are while on a multiplayer coop mission? Unfortunately I dont understand those hundreds fancy symbols on the map. Since none of them moves I guess its rather showing targets and hints (?) Sometimes theres a "parachute tool" at the HQ where I can parachute to a location on the map. How do I know where a teammate last parachuted? I always end up at a lost place on my very own or right at the top of an enemy base ;)

By default your fellow players will be green diamond icons, with the group leader being a green diamond icon with two chevrons in the middle. You can see that in this image from ArmA 2. Should be similar for ArmA. Note that these symbols might be turned off depending on the difficulty level you're using. If a group member is out of view you'll see a small green < symbol pointing in whichever direction they are.

If one of your members parachuted somewhere you won't be able to see them unless the mission has included some kind of marker tracking. Then you'll probably see the marker wherever they are. Best to just ask in Group chat where they went. :)

Shouting "you bastards left me alone in the woods, im scared" on TS usually helps. Annoy them long enough and they´ll eventually send someone to pick you up.

Do this often enough over a period of few years and they won´t let you alone anymore when youre afk, they´ll designate someone to sit guard by your character until your return :D

Yeah, well sometimes I have the chance to board a helicopter (when a teammate is kind enough to wait and doesnt just fly away even if he can see me running towards him :) )

But mostly teammates just hang around the parachute map and *swoosh* - They disappear into nowhere. I figured out that in most cases they parachute over the next target area on the missions list - So this will help for now (aside of just asking where they are - which actually doesn't work often anyway :( )