Sign in to follow this  
massi

US Task Force Knight - Multicam 5thSFG,82ndAB,101stAB retexture with replacements

ustflheader0.jpg

by massi

US Task Force Knight for CO v1.00

5th Special Forces Group-82nd Airborne Div.-101st Airborne Div.

Multicam replacement for all US units included !

Hi all,

It’s been a while since I started this project but due to some spare time I finally got to the release .

This pack contain 3 different addons that can be used toghether or separately, they are basically multicam retextures of standard BI US Army and Delta Force units in order to expand the in-game TF Knight US units , adding 5th Special Forces Group ODAs , 82nd Airborne Division and 101st Airborne Division Troops.

In the addons folder you'll find the 3 pbo files with their own v2 signatures files as follow:

mas_us_5sfg: this addon adds 5th Special Forces ODA, you'll find them in the editor under Bluefor- US Army. The pbo adds 26 units to the game wich cover pretty much all the possible SF loadouts, they come in multicam uniforms\combat shirts, the units have their specifics backpack and all the models have full working wounding textures, there are also 3 different types of ghillie suite camouflage that include desert, woodland and multicam ones, this plus the multicam pattern of the standard uniforms gives to 5th SFG units the possibility to operate in all different types of environment.

In the editor you'll find also 8 different groups balanced for different deployments.

mas_us_82nd: this addon adds 82nd Airborne Division units, you'll find them in the editor under Bluefor- US Army. The pbo adds 36 units to the game wich cover pretty much all the possible light infantry loadouts, they come in multicam uniforms, the units have their specifics backpack and all the models have full working wounding textures, there are also 2 different types of ghillie suite camouflage that include desert and woodland, this plus the multicam pattern of the standard uniforms gives to 82nd AB units the possibility to operate in all different types of environment.

In the editor you'll find also 9 different groups balanced for different deployments.

mas_us_101s: this addon adds 101st Airborne Division units, you'll find them in the editor under Bluefor- US Army. The pbo adds 36 units to the game wich cover pretty much all the possible light infantry loadouts, they come in multicam uniforms, the units have their specifics backpack and all the models have full working wounding textures, there are also 2 different types of ghillie suite camouflage that include desert and woodland, this plus the multicam pattern of the standard uniforms gives to 101st AB units the possibility to operate in all different types of environment.

In the editor you'll find also 9 different groups balanced for different deployments.

Basically all units and loadouts are the same of 82nd units, the only change is the unit shoulder patch.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new version !

Description and Features

You’ll find 5th Special Forces Group-82nd Airborne Div.-101st Airborne Div. in the editor with the following features :

- All the models HAVE WORKING WOUND TEXTURES.

- Now all signatures files update to v2.

- Units are equipped with M4s, and have their own specific loadout.

- Wide variety of roles, 26 different units for 5th SFG , and 36 for 82nd and 101st AB Div.

- All environments ghillie suite units and multicam camouflage make units deployable pretty much everywhere.

- Every unit has is own set of groups, 8 groups for 5th SF and 9 for 882nd and 101st AB Div.

- New "Engineer" ability for the sapper , and all the other units can hide bodies and use explosives.

- Featured content rucksacks , all ACU backpack replaced by multicam version.

- Optional ACE config with ACEX gear available, including ACE "AI talk" module support.

- 3 Replacement files that replace standard BI US delta force models with the 5th SFG multicam ones (Graves included), and other 2 (one for 82nd and one for 101st) thet replaces all BI US Army units (included pilots, crew, Herrera, Drake and Pierce, standard BI ACU backpack replaced by multicam ones as well), choose one and replay all the game with a new different feeling.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Installation.

Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:

Bluefor - US Army - (5th..82nd..101st..) ... (sorted by different units)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army - (5th..82nd..101st..) ... (sorted by different units).

Requirements.

It requires Arma 2 Combined Operations (A2 + OA) to run , because it uses OA models and some A2 weapons.

ACE2 config files Installation.

Just put the ACE2 Optional Configs (called "mas_us_5sfg_ace.pbo","mas_us_82nd_ace.pbo","mas_us_101s_ace.pbo") in the modfolder of your preference and you'll see in the editor only the 5th, 82nd and 101st ACE classes.

This config DO NOT replace original 5th, 82nd and 101st units, instead it only "hide" them in the editor by setting them as "protected", I did in this way in order to get the maximum compatibility and to avoid changing classnames of the units (for mix makers).

As for the normal addon you can choose wheter to use all 3 addons or just one or two of them, just remember that if you're using an ACE config replacement you'll need the respective addon too.

Units and settings are the same as for standard 5th, 82nd and 101st, but they're all equipped with ACEX gear (Balaclava , Gas Mask and earplugs) and weapons (ACEX M4s, plus spotters have rangefiders and kestrel 4500, demo expert uses ACEX explosives like M18 and C4, CQB units like breacher and MP5 operator have tear gas and flashbangs,...).

Units use "English" if Ace AI Talk is enabled.

Units are placed same way as for vanilla game in the editor:

Bluefor - US Army - (5th ACE..82nd ACE..101st ACE..) ... (sorted by different camos)

you'll find groups also under:

Bluefor - US Army - (5th ACE..82nd ACE..101st ACE..) ... (sorted by different camos).

Replacement Pack Installation.

You'll find 3 different replacement files, you can use the 5th SFG replacement file combined with one of the other 2 replacements in order to have all BI US army and Delta Force units in multicam (included backpack) and working wounding textures; but remember you can't use 82nd and 101st replacement toghether, choose one !

Just choose your preferred unit(from 82nd and 101st), and put the relative replacement file ("mas_us_82nd_repl_us.pbo" or "mas_us_101s_repl_us.pbo") in a modfolder, you'll see standard BI US Army models replaced by multicam 82nd or 101st ones, all with working wound textures and ACU backpack replaced by multicam ones.

Pilots, Crew, Officers, all those models will be replaced by multicam ones as well.

Togheter you can also use the "mas_us_5sfg_repl_us.pbo", in order to replace all the Delta Force models with 5th SFG multicam ones; I decided this way in order to give players the possibility to use one of my previous addon replacements (Ranger, SEAL...) instead of 5th ones, and they'll work same way as well.

Graves, Herrera, Drake, Pierce characters (light and heavy) are replaced as well ... so you can play the campaign again, with a new different feeling.

Changelog.

v1.00 date 14/OCT/2012

- first release

Bugs.

No problems found so far, no RPT errors, tested both in vanilla game, and with ACE2, ACEX running.

Credit.

ThankYou very much to StalkerGB, without his great Rvmat and support I would never had solved the wound textures issue.

Thanks to all the great Arma/BIS community !!!

Download Links to version v. 1.00:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bboijq6yerzv9jt

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22456779/US+TF+Knight_v1.00.7z

Few pics of the units included in the pack

us7v.th.jpg

us6cu.th.jpg

us5w.th.jpg

us4yf.th.jpg

us3h.th.jpg

us2p.th.jpg

us1g.th.jpg

More pictures will follow, also new shots and missions for those units are welcome !

Thanks.

Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!

Thanks to all the people that enjoied my previous units and supported me in the forum!

Hope you'll enjoy this new addon pack!

Best Regards,

massi

Thanks a lot for nice comments and Thanks a lot Foxhound and Miller for the mirrors ;)

Really appreciated as always :) !

Best Regards

massi

Great addon, although in the next version could you maybe replace the b.i m4s with perhaps rh's m4s and also could replace the pilot's mp5 with m4s?

Great units, textures are superb. The only thing I noticed is that the units are all equipped with M4A1's giving them the fully automatic option. 101st and 82nd AB would be using standard M4's that fire in semi and three round burst only. The ACE config also doesn't seem to give all of the units ACE weapons, for example, the Team Leader is equipped with an M4A1 with M203 and ACOG which is similiar to/the same as the M4A3 instead of the more low profile version one found in ACE.

Actually both the 101st and 82nd both use M4A1's, even the regular army units are currently getting their M4's replaced by M4A1's.

Actually both the 101st and 82nd both use M4A1's, even the regular army units are currently getting their M4's replaced by M4A1's.

Huh, this is interesting. Do you have a source for this? I'd love to read up on it

Thanks for the nice comments and the advices, as soon as I'll find the time I'll try to make an optional replacement config for the units wich will give 'em rh's M4

Thank You very much for the mirror Old Bear really appreciated ;)

Best regards

massi

Huh, this is interesting. Do you have a source for this? I'd love to read up on it

http://www.stripes.com/news/army-looking-for-weapon-to-replace-m4-1.134284

"Upgrades to the M4 include a more resilient barrel, ambidextrous controls, a full-automatic setting and a more lethal round. The improvements will be integrated into the force this year, PEO officials said in an interview with Stars and Stripes last year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine#M4A1

"All U.S. Army forces will begin replacing their basic M4 carbines and all 600,000 M16 rifles with the M4A1 variant in 2014."

They are already pretty much replaced in Afghanistan, since there are about 90,000 personnel in Afghanistan, and of that a smaller portion would be frontline US Army soldiers.

http://www.militaryspot.com/blog/army-trying-to-replace-the-m4-m4a1-again/

"1) M4A1 Carbine-Type True Full-Auto Capability and Heavier-Profile Barrel. The M4's current 3-round burst feature would go the way of the Dodo, as it should. The 3-round burst is not only the worst and dumbest thing about the M4, it also makes for a lousy semi-auto trigger pull."

There ya go mate.

All M4's have been replaced with M4A1's, the only people left with M16's and M4's are the national guard.

The M4A1 was also specifically designed for use with SF units, including but not limited to Ranger's, airborne, Seals, ODA, ACE, USAF CCT's, ect for close combat use which unfortunately for those in Afghanistan was what much of the work in Iraq was after the initial invasion, hence the M16A4 was only issued to the USMC (the smart ones in someways) the M16A2's and M4's where replaced by the M4A1 in most forces as the M16 was seen as too bulky.

In 2014 the US Army expects to replace all M16's and M4's in nat guard stock with the A1 and in-turn replaced by the Individual Carbine (Yes, the US army needed to piss away more money on another carbine competition)

On a side note of this, the Mk18 (also known as the CQBR) seems to be a current favorite of US Army SF due to its short length for CQC use.

Either way, Full auto is rarely used anyway as it's seen as a waste of ammo.

The only issue with this is the combat shirts. The beige part is a little too light. Besides that, great models!

@ MilitantSausage and Scarecrow, thanks for the info guys :). I somehow was completely unaware of the change to the A1 for all units. Good reads.