Sign in to follow this  
Luxangel7

This game is a complete and utter failure and this is why:

Regarding the terrible FPS sections, especially the intro, then I can say as the developer that made that section I am obviously unhappy it turned out that way. Those sections were not meant to challenge Call of Duty or Mass Effect, on the contrary, they were meant merely as a tool of portraying a part of the story to the player, in a very personalized manner. If it did not work out that way then that is something to consider for the future, and I can assure you I have personally read over a hundred reviews, threads, and comments indicating that these sections were not exactly favored. I am saying this because I want you to understand that on the other end, the developers, are people too.

Well I actually enjoyed this section so it's clearly a matter of expectation. It's fairly short, sets the scene and simply put, does its job.

It seems to me that actually there are only really a couple of main issues with this game: the pathfinding and the AI carrier failing to deploy & engage. Should both those flaws receive fixes then the game will match and exceed the functionality of the original which lets face it, was pretty awesome in its day. Anyway, my post is simply to ask Martin if these fixes will come to the XBL platform. I keep reading about modding around problems but honestly as a console player, that's not really doable. Before everybody jumps and tells me I should have bought the PC version, well I'm a full time game programmer myself (PC and consoles) so at the end of a day I'm very happy to relax on the sofa to play an hour or so of a console game rather than sit two feet away from a PC screen for yet more time. :) Also as somebody who's worked on games entering beta with >15000 bug entries I'm sympathetic that you can't fix everything and often fixing one thing can break something else. All good fun.

I'm sorry but the moderators here are incredibly unprofessional, overzealous and defensive of their conduct and BIS products to an absurd degree. To the extent that it has defined this forum's reputation amongst the tactical gaming community. They do far more damage than any troll could. It'd be great if you could look into getting proper community managers in the future when BIS is expanding.

+1 infraction. You will also recieve another one and I will sent you on holiday for some time.

The discussion about the forum moderations stops here and now. Anyone who feels the need to continue will be sent on holiday. No exceptions.

Well the game is not without it's faults but it's gameplay style is very unique in todays market and hopefully after a patch or so it will offer a lot of great replayability into the future. There isn't really any other game like it out there at the moment so if you like it's unique gameplay style and can see it's potential beyond the initial problems then of course it is worth sticking with it and providing useful feedback (without being rude to devs or other players!), especially as the devs have stated their commitment to improving it.

Well the game is not without it's faults but it's gameplay style is very unique in todays market and hopefully after a patch or so it will offer a lot of great replayability into the future. There isn't really any other game like it out there at the moment so if you like it's unique gameplay style and can see it's potential beyond the initial problems then of course it is worth sticking with it and providing useful feedback (without being rude to devs or other players!), especially as the devs have stated their commitment to improving it.

This is why we must wrap it up in bubble wrap, keep it from harm and close to our breast, we must protect it and nurture it without question, because there really is no other game quite like it. ;)

I have a squad of dodgy walruses defending my copy until the next patch :) You know if they fix the walrus ai someone should release a dodgy walrus ai mod for the laugh, or maybe not :p

I have a squad of dodgy walruses defending my copy until the next patch :) You know if they fix the walrus ai someone should release a dodgy walrus ai mod for the laugh, or maybe not :p

LOL .... got my funny bone! :D

Just what this thread needed.

In addition to the given infractions, I banned everyone from this thread who recently thought he must chime into the discussion about forum moderation. So don't wonder if you want to reply here and can't. The ban is indefinite and won't be reverted.

I hope this patch hurry's up. I'm getting tired holding the rioters back. :)

I am a long time ArmA player and I can say to ALL the whiners go and find any other developer, game or productive software, who spends as much time as Bohemia making their product better and more flexible in response to users feedback well after the product has been released.

David

Hi Luxangel,....etc

Hello Dram,

It was such a surprise to see a developer respond to my post, and I must say, your message was truly appreciated and it cleared up and explained a lot of things for me. You addressed the main problem I posted and hearing you explain some of the other issues was a side bonus and I really got excited when you talked about the modding toolkit you guys are working on. I must admit, that now that you cleared up and explained so much in such a considerate way I feel like I over reacted with how much disillusionment I felt towards the game (and my choice in thread title...).

In my 'defense' for my over reaction I think it stemmed from how much I love the concept and gameplay of the game, and you ugys as a dev studio, and the simple fact that there is a dev stuodio out there that isn't just churning out another "white noise" game but something that's actually unique and special (even if a remake). But that's not meant as an excuse, just as an explanation.

What I'm trying to say is that you taking time out of your day to write to an "angry fan" really hit me in a good way, and because of you being so considerate and actually helpful I reinstalled the game and am loving it just as much as before I ran into what I thought made the game unplayable. Needless to say, you brought my faith back in you guys, and I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but I am once again a happy and proud "day1 purchase" supporter, if I had ever come online to the forums and seen how supportive you devs are then I probably wouldn't have freaked out so much...

Anyway, thanks again, what you wrote was sincerely appreciated and (with respect) although this game has a few things that could be improved, I want you to know that I am back to enjoying it again, the unique gameplay, the great graphics, and I am excited to see you guys realize the potential of this game....*cough cough* get rid of fps, customize Islands and carrier more *cough cough* :P

I wish you the best of luck with your work, I look forward to seeing what you guys do next with this, and I know I said it already, but thank you. :)