Sign in to follow this  
Luxangel7

This game is a complete and utter failure and this is why:

Granted, aggressive title, but it's warranted after paying $50 and trudging through about 20 hours of campaing tutorial to find out that the game is completely broken.

Here is the problem:

I plodded through all the clunkiness of the first part of the campaign and the horrendously boring and poorly made fps segments until I nuked Fulcrum and unlocked the part where the enemy carrier is active. aka, the "real" part of the game.

Now however, the carrier has unlimited fuel, can't ever die, when I FINALLY manage to track it down (because it always runs away from you) and "kill" it, it literally IMMEDIATELY respawns at the next island over and starts capturing Islands again. Oh and by the way, if you don't immediately go to an Island thats being attacked, you will lose it effectively reverting it back to square one as if you had NEVER captured it.

That means that any of these magically defeated islands (carrier doesnt deploy anything or fight ANYTHING it just auto captures after a ridiculously short amount of time) will revert to how they were when you first attacked them. So any scramblers, mission objectives, etc etc everything has to be done all over again. As if this wasn't bad enough, even if you tell yourself that you can do it and try to go through it all again by the time you're about half way done recapturing the enemy has already definitely captured one island and started taking another.

(not to mention the amazingly sloppy cherry on top of all of the team mate video com messages playing again as if you were playing the first time, for example if the first island is captured, your officers talk to you as if your carrier needs all repairs again....very sloppy)

This effectively stops all campaign gameplay and turns it into a never ending war (if it can even be called that) of attrition where you are slowly losing to an enemy that can capture islands in the time it takes you to even get there.

This game has amazing potential, so much so that I chose to overlook the HORRENDOUS walrus AI, or the fact that they have the rpm power of golf carts, or the fact that mantas are made of paper and die after a few hits even with max armor, or the fact that the fps segments were about as polished as something a university student would have made or serious and missed opportunities like not being able to customize your carrier or anything on the islands you capture, but this is just too much.

The game is unplayable. To quote a friend "It's bad and you should feel bad".

I could already complain how the enemy carrier never deploys any units and that you never ACTUALLY fight over any islands, you never go up against the carrier because you have to shoot it while it's running away from you, and since you're both at the same speed if you're lucky to intercept you can fight it....

but making it so that you constantly lose islands almost magically??? Sorry, but that's where I wanted to throw the proverbial controller through the screen and just completely quit and uninstalled the game.

After knowing you for Arma series, I would never have expected such an unfinished game. From now on, I will always pirate the game, finish it, and if it proves to be a well made product (whether I liked it or not) THEN I will buy it. Because I am SOOOOO tired of being essentially duped into buying an unfinished game. This is the third time in two months. (obviously not from the same dev studio)

And of course, I am just one unsatisfied customer, but I can guarantee two things:

1) If the devs don't fix this enormous game breaking issue, and at least attempt to address all the other stuff like Walrus AI and low rpm power then they will have lost a customer forever. Selling something that's unfinished is just deceitful and should be illegal.

2) I am just one person, but I would be wiling to bet anything that there are countless more people like me that had the same reaction.

Edited by Luxangel7

I can say two things.

1 - Every game made these days is not finished, and can take months if not years to reach completion. I'm not happy with it, but that is the way things have become since the internet and broadband. Gamers are also beta testers. :)

2 - I have been playing CCGM since launch and I am loving it even with it's few problems.

From now on, I will always pirate the game, finish it, and if it proves to be a well made product (whether I liked it or not) THEN I will buy it.

Brilliant :icon_ohmygod:

Brilliant :icon_ohmygod:

Maybe I should have been more clear, more than "well made" what I meant was "finished" and not obviously rushed out the door in a deceitful attempt to just cash in to as many people as possible even though you KNOW that the game is BROKEN.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

I can say two things.

1 - Every game made these days is not finished, and can take months if not years to reach completion. I'm not happy with it, but that is the way things have become since the internet and broadband. Gamers are also beta testers. :)

2 - I have been playing CCGM since launch and I am loving it even with it's few problems.

In answer to your first point, you are absolutely and completely wrong. The vast majority of games ARE finished products when they are sold. They may have bugs to fix or dlc down the road, but a GAME BREAKING problem like the one I outlined, that doesn't let you FINISH the game, is absolutely not something that is normal or by any means acceptable.

In answer to your second point, I don't even know how that is possible, since as I said if you play campaign mode as soon as the enemy carrier is active the game is unplayable and in skirmish mode as soon as I get to my second island the enemy carrier shows up and since its apparently made of cardboard it dies after I shell it a few times with my deck gun. Game ends.

I understand if you're a fan of the devs, but what you posted amounts to little more than "nuh-uh!"

I think the only thing more pathetic than the devs releasing this game in an utterly broken state are the people defending them. Every game has these delusional fanboys, but I still to this day can't understand what kind of personality flaw makes these people into delusional, blinded fools.

This is quickly turning into the worst flaming rant thread I've seen in this forum.

Stop shouting out aggressively and stop calling other people fools!

to this day can't understand what kind of personality flaw makes these people into delusional, blinded fools.

One day you'll know finally judging people by just [insert whatever internet experience you made with them] is simply wrong and unadult. Hero.

I think the only thing more pathetic than the devs releasing this game in an utterly broken state are the people defending them. Every game has these delusional fanboys, but I still to this day can't understand what kind of personality flaw makes these people into delusional, blinded fools.

I think you're going to have a stressful time on these forums!

I hate the term 'fanboy' it's so insulting and used in such a nasty way these days. There's nothing wrong with supporting a game, the developers or even (god forbid) a publisher if that's what someone wishes to do.

Regardless of what you thing of the game at release, at least BI have a track record of working with the community to fix the problems - which is underlined by the fact they have already committed to fixing a lot of the issues people have reported in CC:GM.

Lastly, I am a 'Dev' in real life (not games, but it doesn't matter) and have been for about 25 years now - 'devs' never release sofware. In fact, if it were up to 'devs', software would never get released as it would never be finished. There is always one last tweak or this or that which needs changing. Deadlines are almost always either political or commercial - which is probably a good thing as otherwise stuff would never get released! We pretend we hate project managers, and bitch and moan when we are given completely unrealistic deadlines, but in the end secretly we are glad as otherwise we would just carry on, and on, and on....

This is quickly turning into the worst flaming rant thread I've seen in this forum.

Stop shouting out aggressively and stop calling other people fools!

I'm not calling anybody fools, and sometimes people can let their emotions lead them to say something that others may find offensive, try to understand and don't let it get to you, what is really the point here is that this is most definitely not a rant thread. I have a busy life, things to do etc etc. Hell, I don't ever go on forums and stuff unless I need to find the fix to a bug or something.

But this is absolutely unforgivable. This game is BROKEN. I outlined some other problems, but the main point about how the enemy carrier works (or doesn't) and how it instantly captures islands and always instantly respawns making the campaing unplayable is absolutely a game breaking issue. Something that should have been fixed WAY before releasing the game.

Like I said in my OP, I'm not ranting about the sloppy, cheap fps segments, or the horrendous path finding AI of the walruses, or all the missed opportunities for customization and gameplay facets that they missed out on.

All I'm saying is that if you sell me a game for full price, and because of your incompetence I'm not even able to finish the game, then you don't deserve my money. You only deserve scorn and contempt.

That is a very basic concept and there is simply no rational or ethic explanation for disagreeing with it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

I think you're going to have a stressful time on these forums!

I hate the term 'fanboy' it's so insulting and used in such a nasty way these days. There's nothing wrong with supporting a game, the developers or even (god forbid) a publisher if that's what someone wishes to do.

Regardless of what you thing of the game at release, at least BI have a track record of working with the community to fix the problems - which is underlined by the fact they have already committed to fixing a lot of the issues people have reported in CC:GM.

Lastly, I am a 'Dev' in real life (not games, but it doesn't matter) and have been for about 25 years now - 'devs' never release sofware. In fact, if it were up to 'devs', software would never get released as it would never be finished. There is always one last tweak or this or that which needs changing. Deadlines are almost always either political or commercial - which is probably a good thing as otherwise stuff would never get released! We pretend we hate project managers, and bitch and moan when we are given completely unrealistic deadlines, but in the end secretly we are glad as otherwise we would just carry on, and on, and on....

I definitely hear what you're saying, and I appreciate your "insider" point of view, and I completely agree with you, I hope you believe me. However, here we are not talking about "one more tweak" or anything of the sort. Devs are artists, that is what I believe, just like any person who creates something. Having someone telling them to release something and work on improvements later is one thing. Releasing a game that cannot be finished because of sloppy programming or whatever is the case, is effectively like releasing a cool car that the customer likes, and when I go to fill up the tank with gas, I find out that there's no hole to put gas into.

Here I'm talking about a game breaking, game stopping, fatal flaw that effectively turns my 50$ purchase into a $50 donation. And I'm not okay with that.

Ok - lets make this simple.

First - the game isn't a failure. If it was, they wouldn't be making money by selling it. Failure isn't defined by you - its defined by how much profit it makes. Time will tell but every indication is that CCGM will be a success.

Second - the game isn't "unfinishable". I have finished it. So have many others. So its not a "fatal, game stopping" flaw.

Third - you decided to make public your intent to commit a crime, specifically steal software. Total and unequivical FAIL. Expect that comment to get you censored or booted from the forums - it will from most.

Have a nice day.

actually, I think the OP has a point. The $50 price tag is going to hurt Bohemia's branding in a big way. I don't think there are many Arma players who would feel this new title offers anywhere near $50 worth of value when compared to Arma. If it had a full MP experience and editor as Arma does then I could see selling it for $59, but as it is the retail on this should be $15-$25 max. It's pretty simplistic and limited in scope (unlike Arma and the Bohemia branding). In fact I was also sort of surprised (well more disapointed) to see BIS release something this linear and dead ended.

Yes, lots of potential if they opened it up (non linear) and also offered full multiplayer and editor...but this most likely wont be happening anytime soon...perhaps a sequel, who knows. At $19.99 most would come back to try a sequel but I think at $50 most will feel burned and pissed...although the more casual (and easier to please) RTS crowd might think it's ok at this price level. Arma fans (and fps MP fans in general) will not.

To be honest, if i were to read in between the lines here Bohemia might just have given me reason to believe that they may be tiring of PC development and are wanting to test the waters of console development at this point. To me this would be a disaster because these guys are the only game in town thats left for us online Coop players.

Edited by BigShot

First - the game isn't a failure. If it was, they wouldn't be making money by selling it. Failure isn't defined by you - its defined by how much profit it makes. Time will tell but every indication is that CCGM will be a success.

Second - the game isn't "unfinishable". I have finished it. So have many others. So its not a "fatal, game stopping" flaw.

Third - you decided to make public your intent to commit a crime, specifically steal software. Total and unequivical FAIL. Expect that comment to get you censored or booted from the forums - it will from most.

Have a nice day.

wow so much arrogance in so few words....

First - Success or failure is determined based upon what KIND of success you are talking about. You are talking about profit and monetary success, I am talking about whether this game is a success as a GAME. Which it is not, because it IS unfinishable.

Second - Just because you or some others finished it that doesn't mean the game is acceptable. If you weren't so blatantly hostile and looked at all the threads and posts regarding the MANY problems of the enemy carrier (not just this HUGE one) then you would realize that you are lucky to have not been stopped dead in your tracks by this sloppy game mechanic problem. A game that has a completely unbalanced, sloppy mechanic that makes the game unwinnable is by definition a fatal, game stopping flaw. I don't know what else you would consider it to be, maybe if it made your PC explode? would it count then?

Third - First of all, I made a generic statement about pirating "games" and never referred to this game or any game made by this company, so put on hold your apparent plans to report me to the CIA.... Apart from this, I spoke the truth, as an honest gamer who trusted a company to deliver a finished product and supported them with my hard earned money, unlike countless thousands that will never tell you the truth or admit to it, much less buy the game, and I did so out of a justifiably reaction of distrust and dismay after having been swindled out of not only money, but also time. If they censor me, oh no, I think I'll go cry somewhere lol.

It sounds like you need to chill the fuc* out dude. I post about a game breaking bug and you and another guy on here come on doing exactly what fanboys do and then get offended when other people call you out for it.

actually, I think the OP has a point. The $50 price tag is going to hurt Bohemia's branding in a big way. I don't think there are many Arma players who would feel this new title offers anywhere near $50 worth of value when compared to Arma. If it had a full MP experience and editor as Arma does then I could see selling it for $59, but as it is the retail on this should be $15-$25 max. It's pretty simplistic and limited in scope (unlike Arma and the Bohemia branding). In fact I was also sort of surprised (well more disapointed) to see BIS release something this linear and dead ended.

Yes, lots of potential if they opened it up (non linear) and also offered full multiplayer and editor...but this most likely wont be happening anytime soon...perhaps a sequel, who knows. At $19.99 most would come back to try a sequel but I think at $50 most will feel burned and pissed...although the more casual (and easier to please) RTS crowd might think it's ok at this price level. Arma fans (and fps MP fans in general) will not.

To be honest, if i were to read in between the lines here Bohemia might just have given me reason to believe that they may be tiring of PC development and are wanting to test the waters of console development at this point. To me this would be a disaster because these guys are the only game in town thats left for us online Coop players.

+1 - Agree with every point.

I'm really disappointed that CCGM is so liner and shallow...

- It would be great if the AI acted like AI does in RTS when they fight you and capture island... not this obviously and honestly pretty bad scripted retreats and auto island captures.

- To be able to spend your resources on island defences, both units from garage/hanger/barracks and static (of course this could go alot deeper too)

- It was a terrible idea and a waste of time having such a dated, simple and lack-luster FPS intro... especially with such a hollow story, the characters should of just landed right on the carrier. Also if the game has depth you don't even need a story just a intro.

- AI path finding is horrible... I find myself always having to assume command to get my unit back on track and battles and engagements with the enemy can be a nightmare because of this, I've lost 3 walruses to one enemy walrus... all 3 of mine had better weapons and armour.

- Map editor... with this game what it could be an editor would have been magic... :(...

If the game added/fixed just those above it would have be an awesome game with depth and longevity, it would be well supported by the BI community and developed a healthy player base for 'CC 2'

I just hope that if BI are going to use me as a beta tester and charge me $50 for the pleasure then I bloody well hope that CC2 comes soon and complete.

wow so much arrogance in so few words....

If you are not able to discuss in a mature manner, and if you're unable to provide constructive feedback then you should stop posting here.

We do not tolerate any flamebaiting and namecalling here, no matter with what excuse you're coming up.

Third - First of all, I made a generic statement about pirating "games" and never referred to this game or any game made by this company, so put on hold your apparent plans to report me to the CIA....

And we have a rule here that clearly says no discussion about piracy, that includes the announcement to pirate BI (or any other) games. Consider this my first and last warning.

It sounds like you need to chill the fuc* out dude. I post about a game breaking bug and you and another guy on here come on doing exactly what fanboys do and then get offended when other people call you out for it.

No you gonna chill right now. Your ranting here gets you nowhere, that's a fact. Or do you really expect some developer gonna read you rant posts here? Forget it.

And the term fanboys is not welcome here either.

Your call now, you continue with constructive feedback and in a mature manner, or we end this discussion.

But before you do that I suggest you read and understand the forum rules you accepted a few hours ago, obviously without even reading them.

Edited by W0lle

Every game has these delusional fanboys

Yeh .... just like every game has its TROLLS ffs

And the other ones who scrap the bottom to the barrel to find ANY reason to justify their current piracy practices lol

They can't understand why some of us can't understand their ranting. They can't understand that there might be a lot of us that love the game, and know that any fixes will be delivered as soon as.

I hate Call of Duty with a vengeance. I know others love it but I stay clear, I know it's not the game for me. I don't navigate to the COD forums and start ranting my head off.

This game is unfinished, broken rubbish that was pushed out the door for all the wrong reasons. It needed another months development time of pure bug-fixes.

Gnat;2240066']Yeh .... just like every game has its TROLLS ffs

And the other ones who scrap the bottom to the barrel to find ANY reason to justify their current piracy practices lol

Yeah!

I may be inclined to have a good rant, if the crack on my Mickey Mouse computer hadn't cracked my pirated game properly, and the malware and virus's from the said software, were using my computer as a playground. :)

I just hope that if BI are going to use me as a beta tester and charge me $50 for the pleasure then I bloody well hope that CC2 comes soon and complete.

In a lot of respects you are just going to have to get used to this. Games these days are so big and complex that the 'issues list' at release time is going to be greater than it ever was. This, combined with the ease of patching and the number of people able to play and report errors is going to mean that post release patching is something that is always going to happen. I haven't seen a single game in the last few years that has not benefited from a series of post releases patches.

If the 'style' of the game is not what you wanted or were expecting then this is something that the developers or publishers can't help with (unless it was falsely advertised which is extremely rare). If it is something that bothers you a lot then you are going to have to research a game more before buying it. Within days of a game release you should get a good idea of what it is from reading forums and reviews and watching YouTube play throughs.

Lastly, a lot of people scream a game is 'broken' when it just has a few annoying bugs. Most of the time as with CC:GM the problems can be worked around. Also usually (and especially with BI) the developers do work to remedy the most annoying bugs.

Lastly, a lot of people scream a game is 'broken' when it just has a few annoying bugs. Most of the time as with CC:GM the problems can be worked around. Also usually (and especially with BI) the developers do work to remedy the most annoying bugs.

Exactly. The largest problem being the pathfinding which is not all that much of a problem if you are enjoying the game.

I am actually finding a lot more bugs and annoying glitches in the new Xcom.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. If you would have bothered to look around you would have found the dev's are working on fixing some of the main broken things. Complain all you want, but at least search before posting. If that is to hard for you I wonder how you can be hard on others for their mistakes.

@ flyinj

Infractions coming your way.

Second - the game isn't "unfinishable". I have finished it. So have many others. So its not a "fatal, game stopping" flaw

how did you finish it, keep it simple and direct, because I'm just getting steamrolled by the enemy carrier at every meeting or watching it take twice as many islands as myself (quicker than me too) so please tell me, how do you finish the campaign mode?

In a lot of respects you are just going to have to get used to this. Games these days are so big and complex that the 'issues list' at release time is going to be greater than it ever was. This, combined with the ease of patching and the number of people able to play and report errors is going to mean that post release patching is something that is always going to happen. I haven't seen a single game in the last few years that has not benefited from a series of post releases patches.

Thats one thing I didn't add to my post and that is I know BI will without a doubt patch most bugs and glitches, fix and tweak the AI and hopefully much more, BI are amazing with long -term support of their products.

But read my post, most points are short comings of the game not bugs.

I just expected with BI's talent and the huge amount of detail and depth they can achieve (ArmA) and a nice little boost to the coffers (thx DayZ) they could have made something special.

I'm sure CC2 will be all CCGM could have.

Carrier Command GM is everything Carrier Command was and more. There are a few details that need to be ironed out, but that is neither here nor there. It will get done. Just how much more could they have added without ruining the concept that made the OG a classic.

After knowing you for Arma series, I would never have expected such an unfinished game.

It is very interesting, because exactly because of my experience with Arma 2 I didn't buy the game. Looks like I was right