Sign in to follow this  
eharper256

Constant Crashes from access violations

Recently purchased Carrier Command Gaea Mission due to remembering the original from the Atari ST. Unfortunately, it seems right now to be quite plagued with crash issues along the lines of this one:

ccommand-crash.jpg

This has occured six times in the campaign (I've tried going back to earlier saves only to face this crash hitting again at a different time), and also very quickly (about 15 mins) into a skirmish game as I was chasing the enemy carrier (which decided to immediately attack my furthest away mining island from it despite 9 neutral islands around... huh?) and I came out of timewarp.

This is real unfortunate, as its making it almost unplayable. Bizarrely, the first two hours of the campaign went without a hitch, but since then, things have just got worse and the crashes more and more frequent.

I'm running XP (still), but all of my other system requirements are easily more than enough to handle the game.

No offence, but as it stands, I'm glad I picked the game up for £19.99 in its current state! (because, yeah, the enemy and pathfinding AI is terribad, but I think enough people have already pointed that out~ the only puzzling thing is that this wasn't fixed from the beta by the sounds of things) :butbut:

I am running XP as well and have the same issue. I can start from any save and at an apparently random interval the game crashes with a very similar message. The game is basically unplayable. Disappointing...

I have crashes with almost identical messages to the above. It seems to be when the game tries to read an asset and can seemingly happen anywhere in the game. As the op said it makes the game almost unplayable with crashes as frequently as every few minutes. You therefore have to save every couple of minutes and this ruins the immersion.

The Event raised relates to a certain dll. Here it is:

Faulting application carrier.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module enforce3_ltcg.dll, version 3.0.0.0, fault address 0x0014bc3f.

I have the same issues as "eharper256" when trying to take Acheron island and i cannot go any further.

The game its self is brilliant but this bugs make it impossible to go any further.

I run windows 7 64bit, i7 core cpu, I have two 580's running sli, and this beast plays all other games

Can the devlopers or who ever please look into this and give us some sort of update please

I unistalled the game reloaded it and applyed the Carrier_Command_Patch_1_02 and still the same problem

Their are other bugs like the AI and such but this bug wont let me go any further

Can anyone offer any help or advice please

I could say a similiar thing as the first post. I, too get this requesters, frequently. I, too, find it distracting. And the thing is... It is absolutely irrelevant which button you push you land always on the desktop. I have lots of theories but no clue,therefore I let the developers explain, if they ever will, what is going on.

I got a Dual Core 64 bit CPU INTEL P8700, 2,5 ghz, 4 gb ram and an ATI Radeon Mobility 4650 on XP Home SP3 32bit version, it's a notebook by DELL. I should mention, DELL delivered supporting only Windows 7 64 bit, but I installed XP 32 bit instead.

Do not get me wrong, I played the game to the end. But only because I save a lot and restore after the game has crashed. Fortunately the stability of the XP system is not attacked, so I do not have to shutdown Windows and Restart the Computer.

Recently purchased Carrier Command Gaea Mission due to remembering the original from the Atari ST. Unfortunately, it seems right now to be quite plagued with crash issues along the lines of this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/simjimm/ccommand-crash.jpg

Hello,

Do you have installed patch 1.2? I know this crash and AFAIK it has been fixed. If not, we will have to look at it again and resolve it in the next one.

best regards

I'm having the same problems too - both permanent screen lockups and random unhandled exceptions resulting in the dreaded blue screen of death - but in Steam.

Running Win7 64bit SP1, with Direct X 11, Core i7-2600 with 16G ram. Also running twin AMD 6900 cards in crossfire with latest drivers. All MS updates applied and Comodo av software in game mode (when playing).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game - from Steam - & followed steam instructions on verifying the game cache too....no issues there that I can see.

Issues in play;

1. When starting the game, if initiating the game from the desktop link and waiting too long before giving the game permission to start (e.g leaving the UAC pop up on screen for a while before agreeing to give the program access).....crash.

2. When coming to an island and the circle (saving) image comes up, sometimes it just hangs - permanently, forcing a restart.

3. Just for no good reason, cruising along in standard gameplay....crash (normally this is a blue screen of death error).

Its just really unstable boys.

Further, I've tried downloading the 1.02 patch to update my system, but all steam games need to update 'from Steam'......So perhaps Boh-Int can push across your latest patch to Steam HQ for an update to Steam users?? (If you haven't already)....if you have then you'll need to revisit this patch ASAP as it hasn't resolved all the stability issues.

Cheers

fido, yes the crashes are with the latest patch 1.02 installed and I'm running XP 64 bit. I was able to complete the campaign, with much crashing pain, but I'm going to wait for a fix to this before starting any strategy games as it kinda ruins the experience.

I am running Win XP Pro,q6600 cpu with GF 460 video and 4 gig of ram, I get the same error even starting the campaign is not possible for me.

I just want to add that the latest beta patch 1.03 still crashes with Access Violations. So this is still a big issue for some of us :(