Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

When pakistaini weddings go wrong...

Doing a quick search of the net on the subject of firing weapons for fun at Arab/Moslem weddings, most article, from many of my neighbors next door and others in my neck of the oil fields, frown upon the habit, sighting numerous circumstances of deaths, injuries and damage caused by this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 02 2002,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Doing a quick search of the net on the subject of firing weapons for fun at Arab/Moslem weddings, most article, from many of my neighbors next door and others in my neck of the oil fields, frown upon the habit, sighting numerous circumstances of deaths, injuries and damage caused by this.<span id='postcolor'>

Of course, makes sense. When weapons are involved (like when planes drop bombs or people fire AKs at weddings), accidents are bound to happen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ July 02 2002,10:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course, makes sense. When weapons are involved (like when planes drop bombs or people fire AKs at weddings), accidents are bound to happen.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, my point was that even as a tradition, there is:

1. almost no historical basis for it, according to Arab sources

2. no approval for it being sites from religious or clergical sources.

It just seems like the fun thing to do when you're always toting a gun around.

Indeed. Here in America where we can stil own guns. tounge.gif

Doesn't mean we hollar and fire them up in the air whenever we get an excuse to do so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 02 2002,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Doesn't mean we hollar and fire them up in the air whenever we get an excuse to do so.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. But some of you (like Wobble) holler and fire your guns at paint cans and stuff whenever you get an excuse to do so. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep. But some of you (like Wobble) holler and fire your guns at paint cans and stuff whenever you get an excuse to do so.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe so, but I do it in a very safe and responsible manner in an environment that is free of any bystanders. tounge.gif

Well even without half the US Airforce flying over your head firing guns in to the air is pretty damn stupid. The bullet goes up and up but sooner or later it comes DOWN. After descending it has enough speed to be very lethal when it hites some poor unsuspecting pedestrain in the head. Anyone seen the movie "The mexican" ? smile.gif Some people however do know this like saddam who never fires straight up and others dont, ive seen allot of palestinians and alike shoot straight up in the air on CNN. Rather stupid but its their gun their ammo their baseballcap that gets waisted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">their baseballcap that gets waisted. <span id='postcolor'>

Lol, you mean turban.

I would like to see Osama Bib Laden in a NY Yankees cap.....with handcuffs on....and a I <3 NY t-shirt. All forced upon him of course.

Update on the Pakistani wedding incident: Some news channels said that it was a RPG launcher. Only CNN says that it's a mortar.

Hmpf. A RPG launcher is just so stupid that it's comprehendible.

And I think it'd be smart if the Arabs stopped their AK-weddings.

But it's probably like asking Texans to stop their shotgun-weddings. - You'd get shot. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 02 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmpf.  A RPG launcher is just so stupid that it's comprehendible.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, ridiculous, and at a wedding to top it all off.

I mean, it's alright for a birthday party to blow out the candles or pin the tail on the donkey but at a wedding?!?!?!

Remember in the Simpons, when the Seymore's weather balloon was getting away and Groundskeeper Willy shot his shot gun at the balloon but the US Fighters saw him shooting and mistaken Willy for an Iraqi? Hahha, that's so true.

-=Die Alive=-

Okay, considering this incident I guess we need to negotiatiate. Instead of total immunity of american soldiers or a Veto we offer limited liability. Cause if not, the whole american army will soon be in overcrowded UNO-prisons. biggrin.gif

totally stupid.  They violated the first rule of handling any weapon - do not fire your weapon unless you intend to kill someone. Firing your weapon straight up in the air with warplanes above?  utterly stupid! mad.gif

they are wearing weapons for decades now. It may be forbidden to wear them in certain areas near military bases, but otherwise...! YOu should know that from the Loya Jirga when basically all palestinians arrived with their weapons (had to leave them at the entrance though). Furthermore, not even the pals would be so stupid to shoot at a jet with a few bullets out an AK, and definetly not all standing together in crowd. Damm it, you must do some research before you drop a bomb on 200 people.

This has gone off-off topic.

I don't know about you, but MY first thought went to the victims and their relatives. My condolences.

closed.gif