Sign in to follow this  
Zarx

Can't find Civilian buildings in the map editor?

Where exactly can I find civilian buildings in the 3d map editor? They aren't listed any where under objects or anything. I've searched through the forums and google and bing. Any help would be awesome...

The download link is gone.. I want to be able to edit/make the mission file so people don't have to download another mod to get this to work also...

The download link is gone.. I want to be able to edit/make the mission file so people don't have to download another mod to get this to work also...

You want the ARMA 2 & OA : MISSIONS - Editing & Scripting forum. The Createvehicle command is capable of creating houses. Not sure if commands do anything in the 3d editor though. It would work in the 2d editor at least.

I'm not 100% on what exactly you are wanting to do as I can think of a couple scenarios. None the less, if you are wanting to add additional buildings/objects to the map, via the Editor. As in see them as placeable objects in the editor, you will need what is commonly referred to as an "Editor Update" (EU). There are several that exist. However, that being said, on the topic of not having to require additional mods for players/clients ... this can vary between the EU packages.

You can however correct this sometimes (depending on the naming conventions used within the EU package), if a standard BIS name was used, but perhaps the mission is still requiring the mod .. you can delete it manually from the mission.sqm using a text editor. This would hold true with some of the MAP_EU objects. However MAP_EU as mentioned by Bushlurker, is the most commonly used package around for ArmA2. See previous removal option. Which can also help sometimes if you edited a mission with some mod enabled and now you don't have it loaded ... and the game hates you for it. ;)

If you are looking for OA stuff, THIS will help with that. Believe there also a full version for things that require it.

Edited by Hatchet_AS
grammatical