Sign in to follow this  
disorder

Vehicles as 'Lives' - Too Easy

I tend to take out 1 unit at a time and manually control it, its a lot easier than the AI doing stupid things. When I'm half damaged I quickly press F2 and undock another with a similar configuration...

I can take out whole islands with the following:

1 Manta + Armour.2 + Laser + Ammo Box + Rocket or Misssile Pack

Or if they have a lot of AA that I can't take out immediately.

1 Walrus + Armour.2 + Plasma + Ammo Box

I used to use the ammo box untill I found out how wonderfull the manta shield is.

Edited by Tontow

I agree that the "clear the path"-strategy should be made more difficult in some ways.

Couple of ideas:

- Quicker re-generation/respawning of turrets and other enemies (path do not remain cleared for very long)

- Requirement that each "settlement" need to be 'dominated' by player troops to stop respawning of turrets

- More and slightly tougher enemies that rush in from all parts of the island as soon as player enters island ground-/air-space (make it much harder to fight with just one unit).

On a sidenote. If it becomes much harder (=take much longer time) to capture islands the enemy carrier 'pace' need to be adjusted as well. This is a tricky thing to get right in this game, there is an fps-part that depending on player skills and inherent difficulty need to be balanced against the enemy carrier AI. I do not know the inner workings of this game but I can imagine that making islands more difficult for a player to take doesn't necessarily make it more difficult for the enemy carrier.

It seems the enemy carrier plays by different rules, as there is no pause between it failing to take an island and then the next attack... So the pace would certainly need changed.

Personally I would like to see another slider on the game start screen, the existing one already controls how strong the enemy carrier is, there could be one for how strong enemy islands are. At the top end I would possibly add turret respawns and more use of missile defences...

At the moment I am enjoying the difficulty as is, but once the AI gets fixed I can imagine it would be better with variable difficulty, which would also increase the replayability.

G