Sign in to follow this  
Ads

Walrus V2 Blueprints - issue?

I'm having a problem getting the walrus v2 blueprints.

I'm assuming that it can be found prior to taking Fulcrum as I have the Artic and the Temperate blueprints no problem.

However I'm struggling with the mountain one.

I've checked the three mountain islands available prior to fulcrum mission.

Endymion.

Just to the right of the lone Walrus parking outside of the base with the Command Center.

Found that one but there is no action icon. No red panel to press either. Nothing.

Granite.

Found one next to a lake on the north a bit

This one had a red panel, activated it but nothing happened. now not red or activatable.

Endymon:

Found a right b*stard of a one to get to in the mountains to the left of the command centre. Had to keep turbo-ing up almost impassable terrain but got there in the end

Again, red panel pressed and activated but nothing happened.

Now all of them are not activatable and I can't find any more research buildings on these islands... What am I missing?

Are you meaning the improved "laser" that was tested? I checked off all the sub-objectives but I never got it - and never checked any walrus's to boot. Maybe that's what I did wrong. Might have to play again just to see what I can find.

Yeah the improved "mk2" laser. You have to find three rusty old buildings with radar dishes on them.

I've found lots but they either do nothing are are not usable.

I *think* you have to get it prior to fulcrum.

You have to find three rusty old buildings with radar dishes on them.

Sure about that - where do you know from?

That sounds interesting. Have also seen many of them but all with broken windows and no light inside.

I found already in Beta one of them (on Lingrad) with yellow lights and intact windows. But not yet in Campaign.

I know 'cause I've found two already :)

When I pressed the button on the artic and the temperate ones you get some dialog about the laser, current research and how many bits of research left to find.

Also on the objectives screen it gets ticked off as found under the Improved Walrus Laser.

Sooo - pretty sure it's right but I suspect that there may be a bug. There's only three mountain islands and two don't do anything and the third has no button to press.

I know 'cause I've found two already :)

Okay! That means to me: Visit every Island again and search for that buildings... *puh-lotsawork*

They are actualy pretty easy to spot from the air in daylight. Rusty old buildings on their own with a broken dish on them.

Was this in the campaign? I've seen the rusty old radar stations, but didn't know they were part of the story. Was there any dialogue during the campaign that told you to find them? If it's just the mk2 laser for the walrus, I got that anyway during the campaign, so what's the difference?

Was this in the campaign? I've seen the rusty old radar stations, but didn't know they were part of the story. Was there any dialogue during the campaign that told you to find them? If it's just the mk2 laser for the walrus, I got that anyway during the campaign, so what's the difference?

Yes, during the campaign.

I knew also nothing about that old buildings thill I read this here.

And now, I got the Laser Mk II (short before the marshes upgrade). I used the Buildings on three different locations and that's it.

Maybe you get the MK II earlier by exploring the buildings, like a bonus or so.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

How the devil did you get it?

Was no big deal - the first one was on a icy-Island. As I used the building (with a Walrus) the message told me that the first part is done - and that that this part of the testing series was for arctical enviroment.

So it was clear to me that I have to search the other Parts on other enviroments... will say on a Temperate- and on a Mountain-Island.

Searched three or four Islands (with empty Manta, flying fast and high on daylight) and got them - finished :-)