Sign in to follow this  
daleyg

Command view.

Hello all,

I'm wondering how I can disable/disallow command view on server.

Many players abuse this to find bases etc.

I have seen some servers with this function disabled, im wondering how to?

Used the search function on this forum but could not find an answer.

thanks.

Check mission parameters, also check the difficulty settings for your server.

Im guessing your playing warfare?

Yes its a warfare server.

This option is not to be found in parameters, however playing on expert difficulty disables this, on veteran its still enabled.

Im not sure which setting disables this I think its 3'rd person view? I will test this in a minute.

However playing on this difficulty and disableing 3'rd person is not an option, because we play on normal difficulty and players use 3'rd person (not my choice)

I have seen servers running 3'rd person mode but with command view dissallowed, I think its some sort of script in the mission file itself which prevent this?

Check it out in the the controls menu, should be under keyboard designation "del", then its just a matter of finding out how to disable it on the server.

I consider 3rd person view a cheat of sorts as well. You'll see people using it tons on posted video's. The players that demand it shouldn't be playing Arma in my opinion!!

I like the option (scripted in missions) that disable 3rd person view except for vehicles. I'm guessing there must be something similar for the "tactical commanding view" as well.

I consider 3rd person view a cheat of sorts as well. You'll see people using it tons on posted video's. The players that demand it shouldn't be playing Arma in my opinion!!

I like the option (scripted in missions) that disable 3rd person view except for vehicles. I'm guessing there must be something similar for the "tactical commanding view" as well.

We've had that discussion a million times before. The agreed consensus is let them have it since you can disable it anyway. Nobody should dictate who should or shouldn't play Arma. More options, less problems :p

We've had that discussion a million times before. The agreed consensus is let them have it since you can disable it anyway. Nobody should dictate who should or shouldn't play Arma. More options, less problems :p

Exactly ! It's a game, and in a game you don't have the same situational awareness as in RL. That's not really hard to understand.

I guess I meant that if they demand it on a server that I setup I am not going to acquiesce to their desire. They should learn to play without it but perhaps use it while learning. But they won't be using it to cheat on my server. I don't mind 3rd person like I said for driving vehicles or in some situations where Arma controls break down like trying to get up certain stair cases and such.

It is just the players that use it to peak around corners and over walls that I have a problem with.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Exactly ! It's a game, and in a game you don't have the same situational awareness as in RL. That's not really hard to understand.

I don't see us talking anything that has to do with situation awareness in this thread. Is that hard to understand?

I don't see us talking anything that has to do with situation awareness in this thread. Is that hard to understand?

Well, 3rd view is a correction of lack of situational awareness. So yes, that's what you were discussing about, Mister Delta force. But THEY were talking about command view, which is something else.

I agree in some respect to delta99 in a way, third person should be something of an enjoyment for everyone, therefore I personally would put third person a lot closer to the player so that seeing over fences and around buildings is less possible.

Sorry for the late response.

I thank you all for the feedback, and I placed my vote.

Hopefully we will get to seethis option!