Sign in to follow this  
colosseum

Curious changes to PMC characters

All,

Started up ArmA2 today and found that some of the PMC characters (namely, Tanny and those similar "standard" infantry characters with the plaid shirts, Czech vest, and ballcap + Peltor) have suddenly had a ski mask added that clips into the rear of the hat rather oddly. Also noticed they walked slower than other characters???

Small and rather insignificant change, but since this is my favorite character model I figured I'd ask why this change has been done -- and if anyone else has noticed it. Good chance I've botched a patch install or similar.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

DayZ? im guessing because the default characters in DayZ are PMC characters they needed to be changed a bit to suit into the style more, and I guess its easier for now to change both rather than do two separate ones.

It's strange, since DayZ uses the PMC characters based on Frost, not Tanny. But I haven't played DayZ in a while, so not sure if they have repurposed the Tanny model as the "bandit". I remember reading an update over there saying "bandits have been brought back" and I will be quite disheartened if Tanny has become a bandit. :(

It wouldn't be as bothersome if the balaclava mask didn't clip so strangely into the rear of the baseball cap. I just can't use the player model anymore without cringing. Oh well, I guess time to move onto another "favorite" character model. :(

I've searched high and low and can't find any information in any changelogs about this.

Maybe I'm just going nuts!

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Have noticed this only occurs in ACE. Stock ArmA2 renders the player models correctly.

Trying to "remove" a balaclava via the normal ACE mechanic has no effect. The player does not have a balaclava in their inventory anyway. Getting one from a crate, equipping it, and then removing also has no effect.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

OK, solved it: apparently the @caa1 mod (which ports the original ArmA1 maps into ArmA2) was causing the problem. No idea why, but I narrowed it down to that mod during my tests.

So we can all rest easy, this incredibly important and critical problem has been solved! :P