Sign in to follow this  
bigshot

How Do You Bind Commands to the Mouse?

The binding screen in the demo doesnt allow me to bind anything to my mouse...is this by design???...I cant bind the fire command to my RIGHT mouse button for example. I've been playing OFP & Arma for 11 years now using my RMB for firing and my LMB for FORWARD (im a lefty so dont ask why). This is a BIS branded game, no?...doesnt seem like it if im stuck using certain controllers the way other people have decided for me.

can anyone confirm whether or not the full version of the game has this same issue, and if so, does BIS plan to fix this shortly?

Thanks for the assist!

**Nevermind - a couple of users were kind enough to get back to me about this with the info. The answer is no, you cannot change the settings for your left and right mouse buttons in game. Fabulous!

Edited by BigShot

Somewhat related to this: when I went and manually changed the bindings in the XML so I could use Arrow Keys for movement* (which apparently I wasn't allowed to do in game for some reason), those keybinds have now shown up in the Change Keybinds menu in game as 'Left Mouse Button' and 'Right Mouse Button'. Which is pretty funny: apparently that means Left Arrow and Right Arrow don't even have a relevant pointer that the game recognises. (because my arrow keys do work fine for movement now, and my mouse buttons definately don't strafe) :j:

*= Yes I'm an antique that has never got used to (and in fact despises) WASD for First Person control. So sue me.