Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

Sense of Plasma gun

Hi folks!

Help me - I didn't get it: Whats the sense of the Plasma gun for walrus (also for Manta)?

Compared with Gatling its nearly the same in time and material cost but it's not optimized for Anti-Air attack.

For Walrusses is also the H.E.A.T much stronger (with near similar values in waiting and materials).

So I dont' want to miss something: please tell me if and why / how / when you use Plasma-Guns (either on Walrus or Manta).

Looking forward to your experiences...

Thanx!

The plasma is a powerful one-hit weapon, so a single shot will do a lot of damage. The gatling will do almost the same amount of damage, but with extended direct fire.

Essentially, 1 shot vs about 100

Problem is, if you miss with a heavily frontloaded weapon like the plasma gun (and the slow projectile speed almost guarantees it), you are better off with the Gatling.

Plasma is for ground targets and is a sniper style weapon - very long range and very powerful.

Gatling is AA gun only - it won't even depress for ground targets.

Laser is a long range, medium damage weapon

Heat is medium range, high damage.

MG's are long range, low damage

On Mantas I use plasma often. High damage & quite many shots. I think they are great for taking out turrets - one shot kills mostly. Works fairly well for walruses (you need to predict their path) and even buildings go down in a reasonable time. Useless against other Mantas though which I why I carry missiles in the second weapon slot.

Plasma kicks ass. Its quite powerful, doesn't arc and also has massive splash damage.

Plasma is very useful, especially on mantas. I prefer heat on a walrus due to the fact that it arcs and my aim is crap, but plasma is a good straightline weapon.

Plasma is for ground targets and is a sniper style weapon - very long range and very powerful.

Ah! That sounds interesting - in that case plasma makes more sense. Till now I thought (and read somewhere) that all weapons have the same Range - about 500 meters (except Carrier).

Do you have some more informations about weapon ranges?

The H.E.A.T also has much more range than 500m.

I can't hit anything with the HEAT rounds though unless its close by - definitely not something far away and moving. For those that can, more power to ya - but for me its a short range weapon only!

I use the HEAT for everything. I even shoot down planes with it, somewhat reliably. (but then, I have a lot of practice shooting down aircraft with tanks in Battlefield).

For far away targets, I mean enemy radar installations, hangars, or garages. Or the CC. You can shell the CC right from the beach with the HEAT.

Plasma on a Manta is excellent for doing popup attacks on heavy turrets.

Manta + Plasma + Missiles (for air targets) + Shield. I hope the enemy NEVER figures out that combo :eek: