Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Some words about road to next patch

While there might seems to be quiet on the CC:GM front so to just make You aware ...

we are working on next patch which will aim to address some of the most outstanding issues

preliminary sometime this month (tho i hate to promise anything so take it with grain of salt)

that's all i can tell atm.

Edited by Dwarden

Thanks, that's great to hear. Even though I haven't played a lot so far, I think you guys have made a really fun game with great potential. Keep up the good work! ;)

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to the next patch, it's like waiting for the release all over again. :)

Thanks for the update on this. Really enjoying the game (apart from the FPS bits) so far. I have put about 50 hours in since release so those reports (admittedly on the new Steam discussion boards which can be somewhat over-reactive) that the AI issues are game-breaking are somewhat over stated!

I hear ya, patch fixing everything no later than Oct 31:st! :p

More seriously, thanks for the info. Appreciate you devs posting now and then.

Thank you Dwarden. The patch can only be a plus on what is already, a most absorbing and enjoyable game.

Most Excellent News!

Very rare to see a Developer standing behind their product and support their fans!

This is a fantastic game!

Very rare to see a Developer standing behind their product and support their fans!

Not for BIS, that's why we love them :)

Ok, so we all already know they are going to look at the pathing AI.

Now if they include a fix for the mouse acceleration and some minor stuff to improve the enemy carrier AI, then I will sit back and bask in that nice lemony freash sent. :D

While there might seems to be quiet on the CC:GM front so to just make You aware ...

we are working on next patch which will aim to address some of the most outstanding issues

preliminary sometime this month (tho i hate to promise anything so take it with grain of salt)

that's all i can tell atm.

Good to hear,

I'm still carry these informations further in diff. forums.

But one question remains for me,

why did you release the game that early in that stage?

I mean it can't be useful for BIS to release such titel and get many serious critics about the game which could means lower sales.

I don't want to nag at BIS but as customer I don't understand the release politics of the independent developer, BIS.

I have put about 50 hours in since release so those reports (admittedly on the new Steam discussion boards which can be somewhat over-reactive) that the AI issues are game-breaking are somewhat over stated!

You must have a different game than the one I'm playing. In my game, the enemy carrier doesn't ever attack you or engage you whatsoever. It either runs away or sits in the water letting you shell it to death.

The entire game is based around taking over islands to disrupt the enemy carrier's supply chains and improve your own so you can eventually get powerful enough to sink the enemy carrier. If you can just go and blow up the enemy carrier right when you start the strategy campaign, that pretty much invalidates the entire point of the game.

That's as game breaking as it gets... seeing how there is no threat from the enemy carrier whatsover.

See this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141356-Has-anyone-ever-had-any-challenge-from-the-enemy-carrier

Maybe he was referring to the walrus pathfinding ai which is the most apparent problem when you start playing at first. That caused a lot of fuss but the walrus ai isn't really game breaking for me, I would agree that the deeper issue when you play for awhile is the weak enemy carrier which definitely breaks the overall game experience and replayability. I would actually take improvements to the enemy carrier over walrus pathfinding improvements any day.

...the weak enemy carrier which definitely breaks the overall game experience and replayability. I would actually take improvements to the enemy carrier over walrus pathfinding improvements any day.

I have to agree!

While the walruses have taken a lot of flak due to their behaviour it is a manageable issue. "Never send your walruses ashore at the island of Deadlock's port" as the old saying goes. :p

You must have a different game than the one I'm playing. In my game, the enemy carrier doesn't ever attack you or engage you whatsoever. It either runs away or sits in the water letting you shell it to death.

The entire game is based around taking over islands to disrupt the enemy carrier's supply chains and improve your own so you can eventually get powerful enough to sink the enemy carrier. If you can just go and blow up the enemy carrier right when you start the strategy campaign, that pretty much invalidates the entire point of the game.

That's as game breaking as it gets... seeing how there is no threat from the enemy carrier whatsover.

See this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141356-Has-anyone-ever-had-any-challenge-from-the-enemy-carrier

No, I am pretty sure I was referring to CC:GM. Although my years are advancing I have not yet reached the point of senility where I have become that confused. That day will come I expect, but not just yet.

To address your point though, in the campaign when I faced the enemy carrier it took me a good few sweeps to get him. The first three or four times he nearly destroyed my carrier with his guns (in fact he did destroy me once, but I re-loaded) - I had to limp off and call in fuel to repair each time. The last time, I just about disabled him before he disabled me. He certainly wasn't just sitting in the water. I have read the posts that say he doesn't attack, but as yet this has not happened to me.

To be honest though - I pretty much ignore the enemy carrier in the strategy game - I prefer just taking the islands - and as someone else stated, it was the Walrus path finding which was mostly causing me trouble in the beginning. I just learned how to cope with it really.