Sign in to follow this  
battlestar39

Production Tip...

Hello Folks!

Keep your Factories churning stuff out (NEVER IDLE!)

Reason being...I assaulted an island and lost like 3 of my Walrus and 2 of my Mantas...thus I have to wait for additonal reinforcements to arrive...have been doing little spoiling attacks and hit/run raids...but I have to wait until more stuff arrives before hitting the Command Center.

So keep that Production Queue cooking!

Carrier Command = ROCKS!!!

Just save game often and if you lose units before you can afford to, just load the last save game.

Well...Yeah...I guess so...I mean that's kinda cheating.

If a certain operation goes sour you can just spin up a save when you parked your carrier at the target island I guess.

Gives you a do-over to try out different tactics!

Well...Yeah...I guess so...I mean that's kinda cheating.

Yes - thats also my opinion.

The best for me is always a "straigt game in honor".

Only on rare occasions have I encountered situations where I lost more than 1 or 2 units, in an assault.

Usually I dont lose a single unit.

I usually start with Mantas and use them to take out turrets along the path to the CC.

Once that is done I bring in 2-4 walruses depending on the Island defenses, and carefully work my way to the CC.

Sometimes I will use mantas for additional support if it gets tough, but usually I can do with walruses alone.

I'm also very picky about the status of my units, I usually make sure to rearm, repair and refuel often even if I dont really need to.

Are you perhaps rushing ahead and get overwhelmed when this happens?

Yes...my tactics <does> need revising!

At this stage in the Campaign, I have a choice of 3 islands to conquer next...there are 2 Factory Islands and 1 Defense Island.

So I went for the Defense island.

My Mantas at this stage have no armor and they get cut to pieces by the AAA.

I also find that my Walrus get destroyed by laser wielding Enemy Walrus...

I think I should go for one of the Factory islands...hopefully i'll pickup some blueprints for some armor because I cannot manufacture them at this jucture

I started my second new strategy game today with maximum enemy strength and minimum startup resources and went in with the "straight game in honour" thinking that whatever units I lose, I am just going to keep on playing. Then I get to about my third hostile island with "Strong" defence rating and lose a manta right off the bat to an enemy laser-fitted manta. Fair enough. Then a couple of walruses come out into the water and attack the carrier, and at this point in the game I have no all-round deck guns, so I undock all my walruses to take them on... and lose a walrus in the process. Fair enough. Then I lose a second manta when I get overwhelmed by enemy laser-mantas. That's when my honour went out the window and I loaded back to the point where I had lost one of each. But I am definitely going to try and play out the rest of this game with my losses being "for keeps".

It's actually more fun to play it straight. All it takes is a little preparation, like queing up 4 mantas and walruses first thing at the stockpile island, then bringing 2 of them with some machine guns to the carrier. You do know it can carry 2 spare mantas and walruses that you can pop out if you lose some. Machine guns are cheap as well and will kill stuff en masse so you if you are unsure you can always send in them with cheap equipment You can also attack islands with weaker defensive ratings and whatnot.

I actually get more frustrated when I do the save game thing because it seems like I am stuck doing the same thing FOREVER!!