Sign in to follow this  
dram

Suggestions for CCGM (please post them here)

@DamoclesX

Posting the same thread 2x is a bit useless and of course crossposting is not even allowed.

Additionally your feedback is very welcome in the sticky suggestions thread. Please search beforer posting! Since you are new I have merged your post here.

I did not see the first Post showing (since you some review automatism) , so I might have doubleposted it then.

1. Fix Walrus pathfinding. No need for me to say more on this.

2. Progressive Tech Tree option. I liked the Campaign's dynamic of progressively stealing new tech from newly captured research centres. It would be great to have that option in the Strategy game, too.

3. Enable use of island's Mantas and Walrii. It's odd the I can capture a Command Centre, but not use the island's vehicles to replenish my own vehicular stocks, or even fly them. I should be able to use captured vehicles as my own, replenishing my carrier's stocks or replacing my carrier's vehicles with any superior ones I find on the island. This would enable CC:GM to be played in a whole different way - more of a classic RTS mode - because losing carrier vehicles wouldn't ber disastrous. It would be easy to add this option from an interface perspective... Clicking on an island vehicle would pop up a dialog asking if you want to put it in an empty carrier slot, or replace an existing carrier vehicle. An easy amendment which would add whole new depth to the game.

4. Configurable number of islands. I'd like to be able to have ''smaller'' and shorter skirmishes too.

5. Coop and PVP. I realise they're unlikely to be added, but this game cries out for these options.

I believe the glass is more than half full. I love the game. These enhancements would make me love it more.

Patrol option for vehicules: Set a predefined path your vehicules will follow and engage any enemies they encounter.

It would be a great thing to have a kind of multiple rocket battery at the back deck of the Carrier. I think it should be used as following for example:

1. Activation with the normal defence/attack Systems (Key "0")

2. Get a overview from the Island (like Map view)

3. select the impact point and radius and the amount of rockets to fire

4. Add some "FIRE" buttom so we can watch the spectacle from the Carrier view.

by the way - the impact sound of the main shell gun from the carrier is real HOT! Good work.

I think the Hammerhead should be targetable to any fixed point on the map. It's already a very expensive weapon, so I doubt anything would be imbalanced by making it targetable.

(I realise this wasn't in the original CC. However, my idea is in keeping with the spirit of the expanded 2012 game.)

Actually, it WAS targetable in the original CC, you used the viewing drone to pick any spot in range.

I noticed in the new patch notes that Hammerhead missiles are now magically transported to the Carrier. Is that correct?

If so, I think it's a mistake as it breaks the realism of the game. If all other supplies have to be manufactured on the stockpile island, and transported via the Barque, then the Hammerhead should be no different.

For the same reason though, a Hammerhead missile shouldn't be so large or heavy as to take up most of the Barque, as it did in prior versions.

As far as I can tell, they still need to be transported via barque. You can now have two Hammerheads onboard at once though, not sure when that changed. I don't use them much, and I lauched my first ever scout drone yesterday just to watch the nuke :)

Also - has anyone see carrier Flares in action? And why can we stack 40 scanners onboard, THE most utterly, shamelessly useless item in game?

Oh - I forgot, but can we please have a Manta version of Laser Mk II?

Edited by Harbinger

Scanners are useful. Especially when you're looking for scramblers, or come across a Deadly island where a standard Manta will get shot down if it tries to scout the island. Also, when you're trying to draw a bead on a tough AA turret from afar with a Tomahawk.

Can't imagine why anyone would need 40 of them though!

Glad to hear we can now ship two Hammerheads and they're still on the Barque. Still seems like they're overweight though. It's just a missile after all.

for strategy game, allow to rebuild a carrier for a certain amount of resources. Add a slider for setting up the game where you can set the amount of resources needed: From 0 (carrier instant replaced without cost) to unlimited (carrier never gets replaced)

Optional: Have separate sliders for player and AI (so you can make the game harder or more easier)

It would make the strategy game more rewarding.

Now that the Walrus AI has been improved quite a bit, and now only seems to get stuck either for no reason just moving back and forwards on the spot, or on objects, how about allowing AI controlled walruses to just pass through some objects (probably just trees and rocks, obviously not buildings or other units)? Of course the AI should still try its best to avoid them, but if they do collide, would it really be that big a deal if they just passed through them?

Also, the walruses still seem very hesitant under AI control, slowing down or stopping for no reason, how about increasing their max speed/acceleration by say 15% while under AI control to compensate somewhat?

It would be nice if Mantas were able to land on a moving carrier. That may have to mean that the carrier has to slow down; if so, that should be handled by the carrier and Manta automatically.

It would also be nice that if a Manta runs out of fuel and lands in the water then either:

1. It sinks to the bottom and blows up rather quickly.
  2. Or I'm given some way to go pick the stupid thing up from the surface of the ocean.

Right now, it just skitters around on the surface until I move out of range. I'd like to be able to bring up one of the spares that I have on board and use it.

It would also be nice that if a Manta runs out of fuel and lands in the water then either:
I'd like to be able to hook and recover it.

It would be nice if Mantas were able to land on a moving carrier.

You can land mantas on a moving carrier by taking manual control and flying them over their lift door and pressing the use key. The AI does struggle to land them though, some will land, others will not. I think the docking radius needs to be extended a little to allow them to dock automatically.

I would also like to be able to lift a manta with a hook, as the low fuel warning is sometimes not early enough to make it back to the carrier on big islands like fulcrum or thermopylae. Or even the ability to land them next to the island stations and use them the same as walruses can, or land them on the "H" pads for repair/refuel.

I would like to see a map view that is more like other classic RTS strategy games such as Starcraft or Command and Conquer.

I spend a lot of time watching a simple triangle mantis and an oblong walrus float around a map. What I really want to see is live action as my units blow stuff and drive and fly around the map. A fog of war could be used to keep units enemy units hidden or perhaps even cloak shielding emitters that can be destroyed to reveal more map.

If this could be included in an expansion it would be great.

Very damn disappointed in Bohemia interactive!! what could have been the most awesome game ever is ruined by NO CO-OP.or MP

This is Carrier Command, not Starcraft or Command & Conquer or any other RTS. This has a specific model on how it is played, if you change that, then you might as well have not bothered getting the game in the first place. My suggestion is to play the original and understand what type of game it is. Then come back here with your suggestions. All I'm seeing here, are people asking for things adding that would not work in this type of game.

Now my suggestion, would be to show the supply boat docking with your carrier when you get supplies shipped to you, like it did on the original. Also I would like to be able to land and dock mantas and walrus's and control them on the islands, like in the original. I used to land my mantas on the runways, and leave them there, ready to fight if the Omega Supreme showed his head. Also Wire-Guided Missiles! Where are they? In the original the walrus could have these amazing missiles that when fired the camera switched to the missile and you controlled it yourself, allowing you to fly it over terrain and aim for specific targets. I would love to see them in this game.

That is all I would ask for, because other than that the rest is spot on. Oh, and just keep improving the pathfinding AI, its ok for now, but it could be better.

Edited by wraith2021

Hi,

i found some odd controls behavior during switching between map and unit view. (I'm using keyboard and mice to control the game - can't tell wheter gamepad works same).

Firts thing is after you switch from map to unit control view (does not matter if you press 'M' key or click preview window in top right corner) at this moment you observe unit following waitpoints or whatewer it was doing. To get the unit under control its needed to issue some command to it eg. forward, back, trun left/right shoot, etc. Fly up/down (in case of mantas) does not work in such way which I belive was somehow forgotten about.

The secon thing is about dynamic performance. Again when you go from map view to unit view (no matter how) it takes some time (cca 1/4s) to stretch preview window to fullscreen. During this 1/4s time whatever you press (usually forward command) will be ignored after stretch completes. It behaves like you would press nothing EXCEPT 'SHIFT' key. How to reproduce? - Have a walrus selected and watch map. Then press 'M' to get control of walrus and right after (before it turns fullscreen) press 'SHIFT'+'W' (default keyboar layout). You'll end up burning turbo with moving nowhere.

V1.30014

Not certain what your first point is, but I think you are talking about the automatic resuming of a course when you switch away from control, even if the unit was on manual control at the time. That is very annoying to me, too. The release version did not do that, it started after the first patch.

Your second point is irritating too. It's like the game is not responsive enough to detect you quickly pressing keys after switching to control a unit or just waits for you to press a key and doesn't respond to keys that are already pressed down.

Going into fullscreen mode on an AI vehicle does not automatically mean you want to take control of it, sometime you might just want to follow that unit, and take over when you are ready. This is why switching to the vehicle in fullscreen does not automatically give you control. You have to initiate control when you want to take over. I would find it annoying, giving me control every time I wanted to check in on a unit in full screen. Secondly, the AI will continue its course after you leave the vehicle, this is also something that is meant to happen, if you don't want it to continue its course, before taking over click on suspend.

I hope development for this game hasn't stopped. I'm enjoying the PC edition alot. I'd like to see an expansion and many of the suggestions i've read so far are great. If not already mentioned I'd like to see;

greater control over an islands assets and technology

- that is the ability to develop and deploy technologies often found when encountering an occupied island, like shield generators and firewalls.

- building control and placement of defenses in already defined locations on the island

- the ability to decide what gets built/repaired depending on need/available resources

Expanding the Alternative technological swapouts for owned assets

- for example, it would be nice to modify a Manta or Walrus to carry a troop load.

Expanding unit types

- from the previous point, allow the carrier to carry some of the robotic units that spawn from the barracks defending the island

- and also provide the blueprints for building of these robotic units as part of the production line.

- it would be great to be able to explore some of these islands onfoot.

Carrier - Island - Unit Upgrades

- this would be good if assets could be fitted out with developed technologies from the available centers on the islands.

- for example : more docks on the carrier (the type of dock upgrade selected by the player), engine enhancements, armour, unique one-off objects that have a finite life.

cheers

Going into fullscreen mode on an AI vehicle does not automatically mean you want to take control of it, sometime you might just want to follow that unit, and take over when you are ready. This is why switching to the vehicle in fullscreen does not automatically give you control. You have to initiate control when you want to take over. I would find it annoying, giving me control every time I wanted to check in on a unit in full screen. Secondly, the AI will continue its course after you leave the vehicle, this is also something that is meant to happen, if you don't want it to continue its course, before taking over click on suspend.

That's not the problem, the problem is that it activates program when you leave, even if you were in manual control at the time.

That's not the problem, the problem is that it activates program when you leave, even if you were in manual control at the time.

It won't if you suspend the program before taking over the unit. This way all the waypoints etc will be cleared, and when leaving the unit it will just sit there (unless it is being attacked, then it will try and fight back).

It won't if you suspend the program before taking over the unit. This way all the waypoints etc will be cleared, and when leaving the unit it will just sit there (unless it is being attacked, then it will try and fight back).

That's a chore. You don't necessarily want the waypoint cleared, but you still don't want units wandering off without you having engaged autopilot. The old behaviour where it didn't do this was much better.