Sign in to follow this  
dram

Suggestions for CCGM (please post them here)

I hope development for this game hasn't stopped. I'm enjoying the PC edition alot. I'd like to see an expansion and many of the suggestions i've read so far are great. If not already mentioned I'd like to see;

greater control over an islands assets and technology

- that is the ability to develop and deploy technologies often found when encountering an occupied island, like shield generators and firewalls.

- building control and placement of defenses in already defined locations on the island

- the ability to decide what gets built/repaired depending on need/available resources

Expanding the Alternative technological swapouts for owned assets

- for example, it would be nice to modify a Manta or Walrus to carry a troop load.

Expanding unit types

- from the previous point, allow the carrier to carry some of the robotic units that spawn from the barracks defending the island

- and also provide the blueprints for building of these robotic units as part of the production line.

- it would be great to be able to explore some of these islands onfoot.

Carrier - Island - Unit Upgrades

- this would be good if assets could be fitted out with developed technologies from the available centers on the islands.

- for example : more docks on the carrier (the type of dock upgrade selected by the player), engine enhancements, armour, unique one-off objects that have a finite life.

cheers

Yeah, I would actually be willing to pay for an expansion pack that adds to the game, even if all it does is add more features to the strategy game.

Personally I would like to see the introduction of more customisation, more weapon types and armour types, also add the Wire-Guided Missile. This was one of the weapons the WALRUS carried on the original game. It was a remote controlled missile, that when fired from the WALRUS, the camera would switch to the missile and you controlled it, and flew it into targets, it was hard to control, but when you hit your target it got destroyed. Wire-Guided Missiles on this game would be awesome, especially as you have to target specific structures, so they would have a purpose. Just give them a limited control range from the WALRUS, a bit like your vehicles range from the carrier, but a lot less. So the WALRUS has to be close enough to the target to fire it, but not too close. This will eradicate being able to fire one from the edge of the island and fly it all the way over to its target.

I am sorry if some of this has been suggested before, and also I am soeey for my bad english:

- time warp: should be an option to activate it even when you are on an island and your units are not in combat.

- hamerhead: this roket is reay a game breaking. It should be more like a satelite guided roket who can distroy just one building exept the main one. The main building should be able to handle at least 3 hammerheads.

- defensive systems: islands should have long range rokets systems that could engage the carrier (the range should be the same as the hamerhead)

- carrier: a team should be able to rebuild the carrier in some time, let's just say the captain manage to jump in a safe boat and run to a production island. I always find the enemy carrier in 1-2 h and from that point I can't loose the game anymore. The carrier should come to protect the islands and distroing the carrier should get you just the time for you to get 1 island (2 if you are lucky).

- mantas: there should be 2 type a faster one (like a jet) suit for fast strikes to bring down shields, and a slower one (like a heli) that you can manuver at low alt. and engage ground units.

I know I ask a lot but I realy wish you could put all of that in a DLC. The game as it is right now is like a Ferrari limited at 10km/h, hope you will fix it.

Not certain what your first point is, but I think you are talking about the automatic resuming of a course when you switch away from control, even if the unit was on manual control at the time.

Might explained it wrong. Let me try it different way.

Have your Manta undocked hovering somewhere. Go map - 'M', select Manta, press 'M' again (or right mouse click) and try to grab unit control using fly up 'Q' or down 'Z'. It wont work and that's the point.

Have your Manta undocked hovering somewhere. Go map - 'M', select Manta, press 'M' again (or right mouse click) and try to grab unit control using fly up 'Q' or down 'Z'. It wont work and that's the point.

Well then I don't know why you are getting that problem. Are you talking about only if you do it quickly while transitioning to fullscreen?

Is that problem apear only when manta is selected? I swiched to dc. while my units were executing an order and in first second the unit ignored my manual control, but after 1-2 s all was just fine exept I am still a noob at flying (just like I am with english.:D)

Edited by Cotoi

One more thing which I would love to see implemented would be the ability to call a combination or all your vehicles to aid, walruses and mantas. so say for instance you are piloting a manta, you can call other mantas to your aid as normal, call walrus's to aid your manta or call both to aid. Same if you pilot a walrus, you can call other walruses, mantas or both. Just a thought. Not as though you really need to, but the game feels as though both units are separate, yet having air support while you drive onto an island would be good, even though you might not last long.

More armour types, giving more vehicle design combinations. Armour MKIV - Laser Proof armour that deflects the beam, but is weak agains projectiles. MKV - Bullet proof armour that is weak against lasers, grenades and missiles. MKVI - Toughened against grenades and missiles and bullets but weak against lasers.

More payload devices e.g. cloaking device, when activated uses more fuel and is only 100% effective if stationary. Moving slow still keeps you hard to spot, moving fast brings back full visibility. Just some ideas.

One more thing which I would love to see implemented would be the ability to call a combination or all your vehicles to aid, walruses and mantas. so say for instance you are piloting a manta, you can call other mantas to your aid as normal, call walrus's to aid your manta or call both to aid. Same if you pilot a walrus, you can call other walruses, mantas or both.

I think you can already do this by Ctrl-clicking the units you want to have assisting before you select the "assist" command. I think the "emergency" command also acts this way.

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I tried to find a post mentioning it but failed. When you change an island from one type to another, the icon on the information window shows the "mining" icon changing to a "mining" icon no matter which island type you selected to change to. Obviously nobody would change the island to the same type except by mistake. This happens in the strategy game. I'm not sure about the campaign but will try it and check.

I think you can already do this by Ctrl-clicking the units you want to have assisting before you select the "assist" command. I think the "emergency" command also acts this way.

Emergency just launches all vehicles and sets them on defend. You can Ctrl-click the mantas to assist your walrus, but not vice-vera. But my main point was adding these to the radial menu for quick access.

Definitely need to be able to have infantry combat to support your mantas, and like what was said in a early post to have the mantas also act as apc's, and include the ability to have anti tank and anti-air weapons for infantry.

This thing has a lot of potential to become a great game.

1.Custom paint and Logos, including naming your Carrier would be nice.

2.Also being able to preset equipment on a manta or Walrus, so you can quick-fit them.

3. An auto-return to base toggle would be nice if your vehicle is in danger of running out of fuel, especially for mantas.

4. A chance to take off your `eye camera strategic view` and just look about your Captain`s area to see the staff doing their stuff and check docking bays, etc, more clearly (that background view you can see). Even walking about the ship would be nice as it looks like all the mechanics are there (from the 1st person part of the game) to do it.

Flight Upgrade

The ability to upgrade the aircraft carrier with repulsor engines enabling flight. This of course would be quite expensive as to cause players to work for it, and is approximately half the original speed of the carrier in the water and can be toggled on or off. This idea was inspired when I had saw some screen shots and mistakenly took the water for sky, as I was not paying much attention and was skimming through the pictures, leading me to believe the craft was flying.

1. Stop walruses from freezing in place when they are in offensive stance, sense a target, but cannot get a line of sight to fire at it.
  2. Stop walruses armed with weapons that can't hit ground targets from running toward enemy walruses when in offensive stance.
  3. Stop rolling up production requests. I'd really, really, really like to be able to fully equip 3 Mantas with Mark II armor, shield, missiles and gatling gun ONE AT A TIME. I'd like to queue up the production items as armor, shield, missile, gatling, armor, shield, missile, gatling, armor, shield, missile, gatling. With the current implementation, that would be turned into armor(3), sheild(3), missile(3), gatling(3).
  4. That freaking bridge on the WNW side of Somnus. If you aren't going to have guard rails on it, for the love of god remove the rocks in the stream below the bridge. One walrus will always drive off the south west side of the bridge, fall down, and be stuck between the rocks and the side of the gorge.
  5. As mentioned earlier, just have the *bleeping* walruses pivot in place ("neutral steer" as the American Army would put it) to line themselves up to their next driving point instead of the insane cat-circling-the-food-dish dance they can get into now. It would be fairly realistic if they had to stop to turn in place.

That's all from running the 1.04 patch. I think that Walrus pathfinding and AI has gotten better in this patch, but it still has some rough spots. Thanks for putting the work into the patches; the game gets better with each release.

how about a way to order the walrus to not o move from there position just stay there and shoot at anything that come close or in line of sight. basic what im asking for is a hold position command. this would work great for the aa walrus. and for walrus that are badly damage or out of ammo that need to hide till u got it clear enoug for them to move back instead of the continuing to attack after u change unit and getting them self killed

how about a way to order the walrus to not o move from there position just stay there and shoot at anything that come close or in line of sight. basic what im asking for is a hold position command. this would work great for the aa walrus. and for walrus that are badly damage or out of ammo that need to hide till u got it clear enoug for them to move back instead of the continuing to attack after u change unit and getting them self killed

In v1.05, you can press V to clear any waypoint before you switch units, which may help.

In v1.05, you can press V to clear any waypoint before you switch units, which may help.

what i meant was a way to make sure the don't move because sometime i had them move on me after v to attack something and got killed. and sometime when they attack they move around a lot some getting killed because of it. what i want the to do his have a command were they do not move no matter what. like a hold position command on a stragy game

Edited by bluecape

what i meant was a way to make sure the don't move because sometime i had them move on me after v to attack something and got killed. and sometime when they attack they move around a lot some getting killed because of it. what i want the to do his have a command were they do not move no matter what. like a hold position command on a stragy game

There's a workaround for that in my Deadly Islands mod. If you give a unit a waypoint and switch away from it without activating autopilot, the unit will not move. The easiest way to do this would be to hit G to start docking and then drive to where you want it to stay before switching to another unit. Even if you don't want to keep the rest of the mod, just delete all the files except telecontrol.h from the deadlyislands folder.

Especially while steering a Walrus, it could be useful to have a permanent eye on the map.

Why not make it a picture-in-picture in the upper left corner - in addition to the radar display in the upper right.

Whoever played Microsoft Urban Assault from 1998 (sorry, I love the game), knows the advantages of a neatlessly implemented map.

(In Urban Assault, the map was a transparent layer window, which could be toggled on-off inside the windscreen.)

Also, whenever sitting in a vehicle and activating the map, my position should be automatically centered on the map.

It often takes precious time when first of all I have to find out where I am.

I would like to see a multiplayer mode for the next update of Carrier Command plus controllable submarines with underwater terrain.

There's a workaround for that in my Deadly Islands mod. If you give a unit a waypoint and switch away from it without activating autopilot, the unit will not move. The easiest way to do this would be to hit G to start docking and then drive to where you want it to stay before switching to another unit. Even if you don't want to keep the rest of the mod, just delete all the files except telecontrol.h from the deadlyislands folder.

srry it been a while but the waypoint auto resume no what meant u know how when a enemy get close to ur waluers and is stars moving around in circle i want a command that make it hold it pos and never mover around is just shoot at the target doe not auto maneuver for some reson

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

srry it been a while but the waypoint auto resume no what meant u know how when a enemy get close to ur waluers and is stars moving around in circle i want a command that make it hold it pos and never mover around is just shoot at the target doe not auto maneuver for some reson

turn out the auto moving of my walurs is the cover scrpt but i fixed for now my unit will not auto run to a rock or infront of the emeny had to edit like 5 diff files

After playing the game for sometime now and have found that the Islands them selves are getting too easy so I would like to see more walrus with anti aircraft weapons, weak Islands with walrus's with lasers normal Islands with quads strong and very strong with flak and deadly with missiles it makes sense because most of us use manta's when attacking the Island's to begin with and I never see any walrus's on Island's defending with these weapons.

Also shield boosters, scramblers and firewalls with some sort of shield (but allowing walrus's to pass through it to hack them if you wish) round them their selves because its to easy to just take them out with something like three rockets.

I would have two suggestions.

1 - Make it possible to play the campaign without any of the fps. I love the campaign, but always wish I could skip the fps parts.

2 - Add as many custom options as you can to the strategy part of the game. By adding more options can only prolong the replay-ability.

I don't know how this suggestion could be incorporated but here goes....

To me, the original game put the player's attention on two key elements. The overall strategy of the entire island chain (the map) and the tactical strategy of the islands controlled by the player that made up the "front line" so to speak. Since the islands distribution and makeup was randomized at the beginning of each new campaign, the game never played the same way twice in regard to these two elements.

Now, the new game's attention to detail at the island level has introduced a third strategy...namely, taking the individual islands. But the islands are not randomized so if you play enough times you become quite familiar with what is needed to take a particular island you encounter and over time it becomes routine. It would be wonderful if the islands could also be randomized in type, terrain and placement of facilities and defenses.

Another aspect that I think would great improve the overall playability is to develop the AI to intelligently go after islands (neutral or controlled by the player). The location of islands and what type they are best developed into dictates to some extent what each side's strategy should be and how the ensuing battles will shape the game as you go along. There should be instances where a particular island plays a key role in the overall strength of the islands in the immediate area under control by one side or the other (I'm not necessarily talking about the "strength" multiplier in the existing game). The AI should be able to identify these strengths/weaknesses and exploit them. This is what the human player naturally does.

How difficult it is to capture an island in terms of time taken and expenditure of resources is what the game is all about. After all, this is a game where your aim is to become more efficient than the enemy. It's the core challenge of playing the campaign (or should be). So while the player is busy trying to undermine the enemies island support network, the AI would be doing the same thing in return. Currently there doesn't seem to be any "method" to how the AI prosecutes its attack. This is what I miss in the current game. I think there is room for improvement. I love the game...just wish this were possible as I think it would truly raise the bar on what is possible to experience.