Sign in to follow this  
dram

Suggestions for CCGM (please post them here)

Can we have the mouse buttons bindable, and joystick control for the manta in the PC version please.

Edited by solrac42

To add to InstaGoat's suggestion on Weapons Sights, specifically for bombing, it would really help to have a CCIP "lollypop" or other bombing sight.

Enjoying it a lot so far...

Thx.

Richard.

Just finished the campaign on xbox, congratulations on the great game! Overall I'd say it's very clean.

My suggestions:

AI needs help: At times babysitting the AI consumed more time than combat, mantas weren't as much of a problem but walrus (walri?) would arrive so far apart because they would get stuck on corners, rocks etc. the enemy could easily isolate one walrus. I understand the difficulties with this but I feel this AI really holds the game back. A similar game called Antaeus Rising had a far superior AI for reference.

+1 on the Multiplayer: Xbox gamers are looking for an escape from FPS. With an adequate multiplayer system (aka xbox live) this game could be the escape we're looking for, this could really take off if players could face each other.

More Units: Although the wide range of weapons and equipment made an impressive range of customization for both vehicles, I was let down by not seeing a legit tank and a fighter / attacker jet, and at the end of the day the walrus is kind of boring and bland. Scout jeeps / hmvee, submarines, and smaller watercraft would also be very cool possibilities are endless. I feel the game limits players quite a bit in this area.

Droid control: A mod for the Walrus which allows it to carry a squad of combat droids in the back and release them into combat, droid control isn't necessary, just a command to get back in. Droids need friends too.

Get the carrier involved: The carrier is an awesome machine, let me use it in combat. Laser designated artillery / cruise missile strikes for example.

Walrus speed: The walrus is too slow to be effective, the walrus should be a blast to drive, not a school bus, I support a loss of mobility with armor but I'd like more speed in every setup. The increase in fuel consumption with added armor is kinda ridiculous too.

Carrier Fuel Capacity: A space-fairing society designed a carrier that cannot make it to a slightly distant island and back on a full tank... c'mon.

Unit evolution: Most newer strategy games allow units to upgrade. Usually the unit receives an automatic upgrade after a certain number of kills, upping it's rank if you will. This would be great to add a reward for keeping your units alive and making kills. More fuel, ammo, speed, armor etc. would be great rewards, as well as an indicator of the vehicle's rank.

Howitzer Splash Damage: If possible, the Howitzer should not have so much splash damage on buildings, it's very easy to destroy vital structures taking a shot into a base.

Live Target Designation: an "Attack my target" selection on the radial menu would be great to send ground units at an AA turret while flying a distant Manta for example.

Contact Distances: In accordance with target designation, I should be able to see my opponent quite a while before we can exchange fire, with the exception of artillery and triple A of course.

I want to see this game succeed so we can have more in this genre, please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

-Nate

Facilities Hacking

Like at some facilities in campain mode, Give the option in main menu for all facilities in campain/startegy mode, to always FPS battle indoors, in order to Hack them or retrive blueprints or artifacts etc.

If indoor facilities are radomly designed that would be easy.

Edited by Sungsam

COOP Multiplayer

Allow several people to play in coop, each able to take control of Walruses, Mantas and carrier turrets. Only one player (the commander) should be able to control the carrier by default, though perhaps he could be able to delegate it to other players.

Think bigger like SFC III had only better with no AI.

Campain Editor / Creator

Also ability to choose campain in main menu. Then community will take care .... :smiley-evil:

I find the carrier's repair system a little obtuse - I like the use of fuel to get repairs done, but otherwise there was nothing wrong with the original's version of damage control. Percentile displays would be a nice addition, as well as a clearer indication of what is currently being repaired, and I find that even with something set to 'top priority' repairs won't always happen with a low fuel state. The problem with the current setup is that some systems will only be repaired if they're set to high priority, and if I want many systems repaired, they have to all be set to high, so I can't stagger the choice of what gets done first aside from manually setting top priority.

Repairs: Basically, what I want is an override that switches off fuel concerns for priorities, and they just get fixed in order from highest to lowest.

Scout drone usefulness: In the original you would launch a camera drone above the island and use it to spot targets for the carrier weapon systems. The scout drone in gaea mission is useful for scouting the island, but not relaying positions. I'd love to be able to have its feed on a picture-in-picture display while the carrier gun uses it to sight on targets. I'd also like to be able to carry more than one of them on the carrier at a time; either that or the ability to re-dock with the carrier so I can re-use it - it's either disposable or it's not, if you get my drift. {Smile}

Main gun: The carrier's main offensive weapon, after being heavily damaged, won't commence working again 'til it's back to 100% - in the original, you could get it partially functional above 50%, so perhaps this could be added too, with reduced turret turn speed or something. I'd also like to be able to switch it off so it doesn't waste shells firing at Mantas, or shore emplacements. The plasma gun seems to be able to hit them occasionally, but shells... it doesn't even try to aim properly, just points the gun directly at the target and the shells hit far short.

Lasers: They're extremely accurate and with decent damage/'ammo', to the point that other weapons pale by comparison. Consider lowering the amount of charge the manta lasers can hold, or lowering damage or something. A weapon that accurate shouldn't be doing that much damage. Might want to put in a laser system for the carrier too, for old time's sake {Wink}

Production: I'd rather be able to set amounts of stuff to be built, rather than have to go back and constantly add things I need built. Constantly having to adjust and feed the queue isn't the optimal way of doing this, and perhaps having a priority system here as well would be useful.

Carrier inventory

We need an invontory screen to manage which guns and supplies are aboard.

Extended stockpile/production queue management

I would like the possibility to recycle unused equipment back to raw matierial; maybe at a cost of fifty percent.

Deck gun artillery

Ability to target designate a location on the map for artillery missions (deck shell).

It would be great to have the option to board a walrus in strategy mode and take a squad onto friendly and enemy islands, to use the FPS mode more in the game.

The squad could consist of both droids and NPCs or just droids, or just NPCs and the player could control any of the units deployed by switching to them directly, if any (or all) of them gets killed, the player of course can switch out of the squad take control of another walrus or manta or the carrier.

Edited by solrac42

New Unit types: I would really like to see some kind of ocean combat in this game, like remote vessels fighting. You could use remote vessels to expand the units you control, or just use them to pursue each other: There isn't a big threat to your carrier as is. you may occasionally have to swat down a manta, but it would be nice if you had to contend with the enemy sending a destroyer out to pursue your carrier. Mantas and Walrus' can stay as is though, they are great.

More Research Options: I'm not going to go into this, it's been stated multiple times before, much more eloquently than I could state it. I would just like to show support.

Use to Landed buildings: Getting blueprints from the research center, shutting off power to portions of the island by destroying power plants... the support structures in place that impede the enemy IG need to be more plentiful and more interesting. I do enjoy what is there considerably, and would just like to see more of the same.

Building options on the islands: This might be a bit out there, but something that would be kind of cool, would be if we had some options on customizing our islands a bit. Maybe I want this production island to specialize in this kind of weapon to produce it faster. Or maybe I want to build spare parts on this island. Or maybe I want to build extra complexes on this island to boost it's efficency? How about adding in Specific threats for the enemy to overcome when they get to my islands (Firewalls or shields one).

Troops: This is one I am rather conflicted about, but it could be interesting. So we have troops in the campaign, there are dudes that hop out to take potshots at you. Would be nice if we could use these guys ourself, or see more of them. Maybe a structure that produces troops? What about putting troops on carriers, so that you have a third option of capturing the enemy carrier?

Multiple Carriers: I cannot express how awesome this would be. Either multiple allied or multiple enemy carriers. Maybe we could produce them on our islands even for a ridiculous sum of resources? Maybe if you get blown up, you don't necessarily loose, because you escape to a barque or grab yourself a manta and fly off? If you get home to a allied island, you can rebuild your carrier and carry on.

Start weaker and more carrier upgrades: I would have to say the thing that really made the campaign come alive for me was the first 3 hours when I was in a POS carrier that looked like if someone farted too hard in it's general direction it would explode. Starting with a severely weakened carrier, maybe having to upgrade armor, command modules, missles, everything to get it to the powerhouse it is by the end, would be really cool. Instead of just upgrading a few deck guns, maybe I want harder armor, or a shallower displacement, or maybe more weapons to make it more of a gunship?

Being able to walk around: Someone mentioned earlier how it would be nice to be able to walk around in 1st person mode. While I think the FPS sections of the game weren't stellar (And niether were they meant to be), it would still be nice (I have to grudgingly admit) to walk around with a gun and direct the battle from foot. I mean we can weigh in every other way, by controlling units directly... why not just let us run out there and do some of this ourselves?

An Expansion pack: Yeah, this isn't as much a, "How can we improve things" as it is a statement of approval. This game rocks, it really needs another campaign or 4 (I can't believe I am saying this, but despite the somewhat cheesy level of gung ho action, I still kind of like Myrik). Keep content coming, you have one very satisfied customer right here. :)

Random encounters If I'm near a defence island then have it send attackers at me in occasional random wave(s). IE: all mantas and all walurs and combos of both.

Let me walk around my carrier Just take some of the stuff from the campain and instant walkthough.

Random mission: repel borders Ether for a skirmish island mission and/or random encounter.

Expand on the carrier upgreads Start off as a small skiff with one manta and one walrus dock and add intermediate upgreads to the point of a badass battle ship

More weapon hardpoints on the carrier It seems like this may have already been planned as I see several small spots that look like would be attachment points for weapons. Broad sides FTW!

Multi-carrier co op/versus mode mode:

With AI Bots on either teams for comp stomps or challenges, or just human FFA. For those times when each player wants their own carrier and doesn't want to depend on their teammates for well...everything!

Hammerhead targeting: Being able to target the hammerhead on a designated area of an island, instead of having it fixed to only destroy the command centre, would make this system more useful. You could use the satellite view to designate the target area.

Stand Ground Stance on Units

This is very useful to set up lures and keep units from entering enemy territory especially venturing into enemy turret range.

Make the enemy mantas and walruses take an island in the same fashion as the player does, ie attacking island units to overrun the island or hacking the command centre just as the player does, or using a hammerhead missile and then setting up its own command centre, which should take a lot longer before it becomes an enemy island.

This will make for a more balanced game, and fair.

Edited by solrac42

No shortage of suggestions, not sure if this one is mentioned...

Hybrid AI/Player control on Walruses - ability for player to control just the turret while ai drives via waypoints and allow player to drive while ai controls turret on walrus. Good for making a getaway and for driving towards an objective while shooting back at passing by/chasing targets.

Quad Guns ability to hit ground targets

Currently not able due to restricted vertical angle freedom. This don't make sense. Every A/A can be used to hit ground targets.

Quad Guns ability to hit ground targets

Currently not able due to restricted vertical angle freedom. This don't make sense. Every A/A can be used to hit ground targets.

Same for walrus missile; let me aim down a bit more so I can target stuff below the cliff I'm on or direct fire if I need to.

No shortage of suggestions, not sure if this one is mentioned...

Hybrid AI/Player control on Walruses - ability for player to control just the turret while ai drives via waypoints and allow player to drive while ai controls turret on walrus. Good for making a getaway and for driving towards an objective while shooting back at passing by/chasing targets.

Brilliant suggestion Gnrl_Grad, and make the front turret rotate through a full 360 degrees, the front turret mounting on a walrus does not rotate 360 degrees so any weapon mounted there is more limited.

So DEVS please make the front turret on the walrus rotate a full 360 degrees, this makes better sense in my opinion.

solrac42, that depends on the weapon. All the turreted weapons (i.e. the ones that require Armor Mk.1) are 360° already.

Harbinger Guided Missiles

I want guided ordnance for my Walruses. For old time's sake!

Queue up Orders before launch.

Simply allow the queuing of commands with Shift, to begin while docked. Not after the first movement.

.. make the front turret rotate through a full 360 degrees, the front turret mounting on a walrus does not rotate 360 degrees so any weapon mounted there is more limited.

This is actually due to weapon size and capsule mounted. You can equip the Shell and Plasma to get a full 360 turret. But if you want a capsule you will need to take light guns only. That is how the game is designed.

Hmm I never considered some of the guns didn't turn 360 I was mainly thinking of the quad gun turret and the like which is 360 rotation. Maybe limit hybrid control to walruses equipped with 360 turret, having hybrid control with a front firing weapon doesn't make as much sense.

Another feature I would like to see implemented is the wire guided harbinger missile that was fired from a walrus, this would add a nice tactic to the game by enabling the walrus to attack installations and units without putting itself in direct line of fire from enemy units, this was also in the original carrier command so it would be nice to see it implemented in CC Gaea Mission.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

solrac42, that depends on the weapon. All the turreted weapons (i.e. the ones that require Armor Mk.1) are 360° already.

Harbinger Guided Missiles

I want guided ordnance for my Walruses. For old time's sake!

I think you will find that the front turret is not 360 degrees but the rear turret is, regardless which weapon is mounted there, so I repeat, lets have a full 360 degrees rotation for the front turret please.

Edited by solrac42