Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo19

Carrier Command Multiplayer

Now i know of course that theres been ALOT of people screaming, whinning, not buying the game CCGM(Carrier Command). Ive played the game for 2 weeks or so and seen the strategy game mode. With the time warp system so mutliplayer would be awkward(if thats the right word) and simply wont work, but maybe things could be changed up a little: such as when sailing to an island only that individual player should speed up and his actions like productions, material creations, ETC so he could get to the island faster then waiting 4 minutes for example but the other player lets say is in his own assualt and nothing should happen then, just keep it normal while the other player like i said is quickly speeding to the island to capture it simply. There should be gamemodes like Normal or duel which is exactly like the current strategy game mode but with two opposing players, and of course many people say CO-OP or PvP which could probably consist maybe of 2 or more players on both sides( 2 or more carriers) and just play normally capturing islands as usual, Although all players should have the responsibility of managing their own units and supplies, but can share things with other teammates. Im dearly sorry for long post but i cant explain all in so little.

There is some MP coming in a future patch. I think there are some snippets of mp code in the current data, its just not activated.

There is some MP coming in a future patch. I think there are some snippets of mp code in the current data, its just not activated.

Really? thats pretty interesting. If so i cant wait for MP :)

I rather think they were dabbling with MP but axed it because the development costs for the campaign exploded. (of all things ... why axe the one thing that was sorely missing in the original)

That said, with a little luck and balls it might be possible to get multi player to fly (help from the devs is definitely required, and it's kind of off limits for us modders if they really want to makei it a non-free DLC).

What's needed first is a serious, serious clean up of the scripts directory, though.

I think multiplayer is doable with only minor modifications to the current system, just have it to where time warp is only in effect when both parties would be using it, with the addition of it can also be in effect on your own island. Currently there is no purpose for having full control on your own island unless you are actively defending it from an attack or you have units on the island itself (which get destroyed when you leave it anyways) so time warp could be possible while you're just sitting there waiting for productions to grab from your stockpile or something, while your enemy is free to move about the island chain, or vice versa.

Really?

Last I heard pre-launch, BI were only considering adding multiplayer if the game was a smash hit. And that's clearly not going to happen.

Ironically, if it had multiplayer, there'd be more of a chance of it taking off. (For example, my sons don't want me to buy them a copy of it for them, unless they can play against me in multiplayer or with me in coop.)

i have tried the demo on xbox and loved it so i decided to research the game out in more detail

i was sad to learn that no coop element is in the xbox verison of the game and this was a big factor to me in terms of perchasing the game in the future

I downloaded and played the demo. Terrible AI - very frustrating- good to know about the walrus patch though!

So where is the patch for the demo for all your potential customers ?

Bad pathfinding in the demo, and lack of a multiplayer feature has led me not to buy the game after the demo - even though I still think this is the most awesome game!

I was going to play this with 4 friends. None of us are buying it, but all we can do is talk about MP!

If and WHEN MP is released. PLEASE make it possible to have us all on one battle ship with one or more person in command of the carrier. Also allow us to have our own carrier

and have AI units alongside in any slot we choose. Just make it as flexible as possible. Allow the campaign to be MP too!

Also I'd would love to see more units, and be able to make control groups for the units, something more like what RTS games have, look at the speed allowed a player in a game like starcraft.

Releasing this game without multiplayer and enough beta testing is the BIGGEST mistake for this game.

Edited by teeno7

That is great news! Is there any dev who can officiate the fact that MP will be coming sometime to this game ?

Just played for the first time and destroyed the enemy carrier within a few minutes of attacking the first island. It turned up, got stuck on a rock or something. Then just sat there while I destroyed it. Game over and time to reminisce over my £32. Don't really want to complain because I can see the effort that has gone into the game and I think it's a few steps away from being amazing. Multiplayer would save it

Just played for the first time and destroyed the enemy carrier within a few minutes of attacking the first island. It turned up, got stuck on a rock or something. Then just sat there while I destroyed it. Game over and time to reminisce over my £32. Don't really want to complain because I can see the effort that has gone into the game and I think it's a few steps away from being amazing. Multiplayer would save it

Really? Some of us couldn't care less about multiplayer.

I couldn't care less about the 1v1 type of multiplayer, but I think it really lends itself to 2 player co-op. You could configure who controls what, like one person controls mantas, one controls walruses. Or 2 walruses, 2 mantas each. Or either player can control any unit not being controlled by the other player. The islands would need to be more aggressive though, or at least all be deadly rated, as it is already easy enough for one player.

I am in the same boat, where I have no interest in head to head multiplayer, but co-op could be interesting. I guess the way I play, the ideal setup would be 3 people. 2 sets of 2 Walruses, and another commanding the Mantas. That said, I'm not sure how much I care, though it would be nice.