Sign in to follow this  
FatalPapercut

Carrier Command wont begin installation

I just purchased the digital download version yesterday and spent the last ~23 hours downloading (ungodly slow internet) through the sprocket downloader. Two files, CarrierCommand_setup102.exe (3.05gb) and CarrierCommand_setup102.exe.md5 (2.45kb) were put into my downloads folder. I assumed i was supposed to open the 3gb exe file to begin instillation, but when i did, the window froze as if it was thinking, but nothing happened. I force closed the window and opened another, this time choosing to run the 3gb file as an admin, but once again the window froze. I decided to wait it out, and about 20 minutes later the "do you wish to run this program as an admin" pop up appeared. I clicked yes, the pop up disappeared, and again nothing happened.

Am i missing something here, does this normally take an hour to get going, or am i doing something wrong? I really dont want to have to wait another day bogging down my network downloading again, and i dont see any other files that relate to carrier command.

Thanks in advance.

I'm on the retail version myself, but have you tried disabling antivirus? I had to do this when installing (can't remember if it was the game or the 1.02 patch), as AVG detected it as a virus.

Also, while it is frozen up, can you ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager and go to processes to see if something is hogging the CPU.

Does your hard drive have plenty space?

Apparently i just had to wait it out...must have been something with my system. It appears to be working now. Guess im just impatient to play.