Sign in to follow this  
a_w

Steam version screenshots not working

Hi!

Looks like this forum is right place where to post this issue. I cannot make screenshots while playing Steam version. I've found that Carrier Command has own video recording and screenshot functionality but I would like to use steam screenshots feature as well. I've tried to bind it to different keys on keyboard(and numpad too), but nothing worked. Game has lots of moment I would like to catch and that's sad I can't share them using Steam community features.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission does not have it's own screenshot and record function. It only had that function for the developers to create cutscenes.

There must be an issue with Steam. Have you tried restarting your PC? Are you sure you have Steam screenshots enabled?

s1pxqo.jpg

Nicholas,

I just noticed you already answered my question about recordings and screenshots, so I edited out my original question to a_w

Edited by solrac42

Don't have the steam version myself, but try changing the Steam screenshot hotkey to something else, maybe it is set to a key which is already used by the game.

Don't have the steam version myself, but try changing the Steam screenshot hotkey to something else, maybe it is set to a key which is already used by the game.

Steam screenshot feature works fine in other games and won't work in CCGM, are you saying its Steam issue? I've tried F1-F12, Numpad *, Numpad -, +, ~, Tab, End, BackSpace, [, z keys as screenshot key, nothing worked.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission does not have it's own screenshot and record function.

F6 -- Video recording feature, saves video into player's profile folder. For me it always open dialog to select codec, so game freezes and I need to press ALT+TAB to see it and this feature works. I can record video for you think its my imagination.

F7 -- Screeenshot feature, saves screenshots in TGA format instead of JPEG. And looks like Steam version is broken, here what i've got instead of normal screenshot as it was in retail version of CCGM.

Retail version saves this video and screenshots into user's profile folder with saves "My Documents/Carrier Command Gaea Mission", steam version will save media into userdata folder. You may call it using different terms, but first records video and second makes screenshots.

Edited by a_w