Sign in to follow this  
solrac42

Enemy carrier sinking ... not

The DEVS 'Promised' that in the full version of Carrier Command that we would have a 3D view of the enemy carrier sinking when it get destroyed, I have tested for this using version 1.2.0034 but the enemy carrier still just sits on the surface burning, but when you click the Yes button to continue, the enemy carrier vanishes, at least in the beta it was left to burn out on the surface, and then you could ram the burnt out hulk with your carrier.

So my question to the DEVS is, will this feature be in a future patch ???

Aparently it is in the game at the moment, but it is bugged.

Yea I was disappointed by this too. Both the campaign and strategy game you don't get to destroy the enemy carrier yourself (happens in a cutscene in campaign, not by your own hand), and strategy move it just goes from being on fire to being gone. Little bit anti-climactic.

It will probably come with the next patch. Apparently there is a sinking animation (since devs has mentioned it) it was just not in the latest 1.2.0034 version.

Not 100% true. Someone reported that it happened for him once in the strategy campaign. Its probably a flag that isn't set right.

I got a sinking carrier cutscene, but no animation. It only get's triggered if you set up your strategy mode start values with "Enemy carrier destroyed required = NO" for me. Maybe there is a bug somewhere ... :confused: