Sign in to follow this  
netshaman

problem with the cinematics: no more sound sychronisation

Hi .

I have an annoying problem at the launch of the game : when playing cinematics before the first mission and so on, the sound is totally desynchronised with the graphics and finishes before the end of the movie : the result is that the movie ends before end !

I have lowered the resolution but, no change.

It is very annoying because , the story is ununderstandable in this case , please fix that !

Thx .

It is the 1.2 version with the patch.

Edit: this problem only occurs with the introduction video and the first one at the beginning of the campaign .

Thers is no one one who can help me to solve that ?

What are the video files please , to view them in a video viewer ?

Edited by netshaman

Have you tried restarting the game? How about restarting your PC? How much RAM do you have?

What graphic card do you use? Do you have v-sync on in the game settings? Don't you have nVidia and adaptive v-sync switched on?

I get the same thing. Seems the video can't keep up with the sound and plays perhaps 30% too slow. I've got a Radeon 6850 which you'd hope could handle simple video!

I get the same thing. Seems the video can't keep up with the sound and plays perhaps 30% too slow. I've got a Radeon 6850 which you'd hope could handle simple video!

Depending on what else is going on - no - you cannot count on even capable hardware being in sync with other capable hardware ;)

It all relies on so many different things.

it's laughable that in this day and age, games on powerful rigs have a harder time syncing than Tie Fighter did on a 16Mhz 386sx, with the CD-ROM attached via soundcard on an ISA bus.