Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Generic African Buildings

I know I said I wouldn't make any more stuff...

But here we go:
MBG Generic African Buildings v1.1 (Updated 20th October)
Originally part of a much much larger project, I decided to release these right now so more people can use these in the meantime.

It features a small collection of structures that are inspired by African/Middle-Eastern architecture. These buildings can probably supplement the existing selection offered by OA.
Fixes in 1.1:

• land_* classes now have scope = 1 (Required for this to work on terrains, *shame*)
  • 2 extra paint variants of "Big Apartment 3"

Content:

• 4 large apartment buildings, of which the biggest is fully walkable.
  • 3 old buildings intended for small villages or ruins. One is painted in zebra camo as a safari/ranger station.
  • 3 types of tiny slum huts that come in 8 different visual appearances.
  • Highly accurate icons of the buildings for stress-free usage in the mission editor.
  • Arma2:OA is not required
  • For usage in (Northern-) African or Middle-Eastern terrains.

In total with all color variants this adds up to 35 new objects.

Here some pictures:
mbg_african_buildings_001_th.jpg mbg_african_buildings_002_th.jpg
mbg_african_buildings_003_th.jpg mbg_african_buildings_004_th.jpg
mbg_african_buildings_005_th.jpg mbg_african_buildings_006_th.jpg
mbg_african_buildings_007_th.jpg mbg_african_buildings_008_th.jpg
mbg_african_buildings_009_th.jpg

---

Download: mbg_generic_african_buildings_v11.7z 50MB (1.1)

Edit:
1th July 2016:
Copyright 2016 Mondkalb. This item is not authorized for posting on Steam (Steam Workshop). Also it may not be included into any collection or part of some other workshop content's upload.
If you wish to upload content that makes use of this(my) mod, please link to the original (this) forum release post.
Edited by mondkalb
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap!

Nice work Mondkalb, can't wait to get my unit onboard the train for this :)

Thanks also for using correctly sized .paa's, its an editors nightmare to place the ? Square boxes together :)

nicely done mate. properly awesome.

Mogadishu island in 3.... 2.... 1...

Seriously nice work we always need more buildings!

Another enormously useful themed buildings pack!!! And they look absolutely terrific too!

Well done Mondkalb!! Tremendous stuff - once again!

I predict a flurry of Middle-Eastern / North African terrain-in-progress announcements!

B

Very nice, excellent textures and good detail too. I would add a few more buildings if I where you just to give more variety :ok: Now all we need is a good mapper to put 'em to use.

Reminds me on good ol' Tonal :)

Time to update my Isla Duala ;)

p.s. Mondkalb, it would be sweet to see 2-3 variations of the bigger buildings, maybe offices with large windows?

Edited by IceBreakr

More MBG buildings:D, fantastic, great work and thanks for sharing. Will be testing these with ai very soon.

Thank you.:)

Yes, more paint variants would indeed be nice. But the time for the amount of work to get it to look at least half-decent seems for me to be harder to come by. :/

To be honest, last time I worked on these buildings was two months ago. Just today it hit me that I could add some final touches to the last building and get these out so they don't end up completely unused. Would've been a pity for the time already invested in these objects. :)

If anyone gets around using these, let me know! And if someone wants to retexture one of these buildings, PM me and we'll see about the MLODs.

Time to update my Isla Duala ;)

That was quite literally the first thought that came into my head when I saw the buildings...NICE!

Thanks I'll be giving these a test.

Any chance you'll get around to fixing up Cindercity/Killhouses, I sent you a PM a while back about some bugs with the biggest warehouse.

Great looking! now someone needs to step up and make a nice africa map!

Endlich !

More more more ! no need of xthausend M4 ;-) we need Infrastructure and Enviroment !!!!

Yay. Tonal Redux Reduxed :)

Godda be one of my favourite MP campaigns of all time, simply due to the atmosphere (dust, heat haze, etc.) you could also smell the famine and disease :eek:

Funny thing: I've replayed Total Redux campaign and even converted missions to Duala, but never had time to polish & release them ;)

Im even thinking of using 3 of this builindings for a european setting :) Really like the fully walkable Appartment Building and as a wip-building it may even fit in a non-african town.

Funny thing: I've replayed Total Redux campaign and even converted missions to Duala, but never had time to polish & release them ;)

Grr don't make me beg

Seriously I can offer you some real ale though

Edited by domokun