Sign in to follow this  
Bobcat26

1/2 off Iron Front

This is old news, already been discussed in the Got support thread.

So they are obviously squeezing the last amount of money out of people before dropping the game for good.

Another sad example how Publishers kill a game once enough money was made out of it.

Its not BIS's fault but Deepsilver i believe is having the issues, BIS is just a vendor of the game, even though they own the rights to the engine

which the game uses, so I think its only fair for BIS to try to eliminate any stock they have of the game for less verse losing their ass on something

that possibly might not spring back because of legal, or whatever legal issues occurring.

Its not BIS's fault but Deepsilver i believe is having the issues, BIS is just a vendor of the game, even though they own the rights to the engine

which the game uses, so I think its only fair for BIS to try to eliminate any stock they have of the game for less verse losing their ass on something

that possibly might not spring back because of legal, or whatever legal issues occurring.

Of course, now i see it!

Let´s all go to the supermarket and buy the rotten bread and tomatoes off of them, it´s just sitting in their stocks :rolleyes:

What you don´t get:

Supermarket - you can see the product is rotten, if you buy you´ve got yourself to blame.

BIStore - you might expect the usual BI patchocracy, and what you get is rotten.

Selling a product with hidden defects never shines back nicely onto the vendor.

Game isn't that bad gees, its playable, you can still build and play missions, it has still alot of features that do work and are useable, it does have a few bugs,

IDK about you guys but the game is pretty stable for me, its never crashed or froze since I bought it, I have built several missions already

in the editor, so i think "rotten" is all in the perspective of who's playing.

You cant tell that the game is bugged, has defects, or sucks ect,.

Do your due diligence and research the game before you buy, thats common sense anyways for me at least.

I did my research, I read the feedback and posts on the IF forum, watched video reviews, ect,. but I got the game

because I love WW2 especially the Ostfront, it uses the Arma2OA engine, I can build my own missions, the Lib mod team

are the guys who created the game so i know about their history.

All in all if you enjoy WW2 the game has some decent features, watch the videos, read the forums, think for yourself and go with your gut,

why would you buy this game?, for mp?, or for what you can do in the editor?, ect,.

Find out why you want to buy the game. Now that the game is cheaper your investment if you call it that wont be all that much of a waste

if you are one of those seriously anal WW2 freaks that needs everything perfectly simulated that they cant simply enjoy what they got or are getting,

no pun intended :) hats off to them as i had friends like that, lol

My issue with this is that no-one should be allowed to sell a game in the middle of a royalties dispute. As Mr Burns said, when you buy a game you expect a certain level of support. At the moment all support is suspended. Now, we as Arma veterans can get used to this because we know the base game and its limitations and in most cases can build missions around this. But your average Joe Punter is not going to be able to do this and ultimately it looks bad on BIS and by association the Arma series.

Whatever the dispute is they need to get it resolved and stop selling it (unless it has a disclaimer) until it is.

I still want to buy it, even as just a donation to BIS.

I followed the link in the first post, it says 30$. Is the sale over already?

I still want to buy it, even as just a donation to BIS.

I followed the link in the first post, it says 30$. Is the sale over already?

I think it was for just two days. Maybe they didn't have too many keys left!

Try creating missions at night Günther and you'll see why half the game is unplayable for me :/

My issue with this is that no-one should be allowed to sell a game in the middle of a royalties dispute. As Mr Burns said, when you buy a game you expect a certain level of support. At the moment all support is suspended. Now, we as Arma veterans can get used to this because we know the base game and its limitations and in most cases can build missions around this. But your average Joe Punter is not going to be able to do this and ultimately it looks bad on BIS and by association the Arma series.

Whatever the dispute is they need to get it resolved and stop selling it (unless it has a disclaimer) until it is.

Good points Jedra must agree with you there, they probably should have stopped selling the game as soon as the dispute started.

Maybe a dumb question but other then BIS and whomever vendors, whos actually in charge of selling/or distributing the game? DeepSilver?

Try creating missions at night Günther and you'll see why half the game is unplayable for me :/

I'll give a night mission a try and see how it turns out, I normally only play missions during certain times of the day, as I found certain emotional feelings

can be evoked through a game that makes you associate to real life experiences that were comfortable, secure, happy, ect,.

Good points Jedra must agree with you there, they probably should have stopped selling the game as soon as the dispute started.

Maybe a dumb question but other then BIS and whomever vendors, whos actually in charge of selling/or distributing the game? DeepSilver?

I'll give a night mission a try and see how it turns out, I normally only play missions during certain times of the day, as I found certain emotional feelings

can be evoked through a game that makes you associate to real life experiences that were comfortable, secure, happy, ect,.

Night missions give me the most noticable glowing pumpkins, thats why. At day the pumkins are not as noticable. thats why PvP stopped and even iN COOP its not that immersive to shoot glowing pumpkins. Also half the Modules including ACM do not work or are missing anyway.

Night missions give me the most noticable glowing pumpkins, thats why. At day the pumkins are not as noticable. thats why PvP stopped and even iN COOP its not that immersive to shoot glowing pumpkins. Also half the Modules including ACM do not work or are missing anyway.

If your a mission maker their is a work around for the pumpkin head issue that Beagle didn't mention :confused:

http://forum.iron-front.com/showthread.php?1092-A-Pumpkin-Head-Workaround

~S~

Edited by Bobcat26

Still not worth it

Yes, we get it already, you don't like it. The release was back in what, June? People get over former partners faster!

Edited by Snafu

Of course it is worth six quid - that's a bargain.

Hello there

Six quid? still a bargain, warts and all. I'd rather buy IFL than the latest Bis expansion. No offence :) Bis.

Loads of issues, sure. but one will easily get 6 pounds worth of gameplay out of it.

rgds

LoK