Sign in to follow this  
IanH

OA/Reinforcements shows "Decrytion of Headers Failed" - Can't use BAF/PMC after 1.62

Hi there, I updated my ARMA2, ARMA2 OA & Reinforcements DVD versions from 1.60 to 1.62 when I bought the ACR DLC and had no problems during the patching but now, when I start ARMA2 CO or Reinforcements (even as an Administrator), I get a warning message saying "BAF/Addons/air_d_baf.pbo decryption of headers failed" and no BAF or PMC Units/Equipment/Missions or Campaigns are loaded even though on the main screen both Icons from BAF/PMC are there in bottom left and both are active in Expansions page.

badarma.jpg

I tried re-installing the patch again - same thing - and re-D/L'ing the patch from somewhere else and re-installing it - same thing.

I've uninstalled and re-installed PMC/BAF as standalone and as Reinforcements as well as reinstalling both OA and ARMA2 numerous times but still get the same error message.

After seeing it mentioned on here I've also tried cutting the BAF/PMC folders from the ARMA 2 REINFORCEMENTS folder and pasted them into the ARMA 2/OA folder and run the Reinforcements shortcut and the game does load OK but with the lower quality Lite versions of BAF/PMC and with no BAF/PMC missions or Campaigns. However ARMA2:CO then doesn't work and has a similar fail message (with the PMC air.pbo failing instead of the BAF one but still the same results). I've put the BAF/PMC folders back into their original folders for the time being until I can get this sorted.

Basically everything's fine on 1.60 but something in the 1.62 patch doesn't like the full Reinforcements DVD version of my BAF/PMC install so I can either have ACR at 1.62 or BAF/PMC at 1.60 but not all 3, which considering I've paid for them all is a bit annoying to say the least.

I've searched for the error message on here and not found much useful info that works so can anyone think of something else I can try as after a week of trying I'm losing patience with it?

Cheers......................................Ian

Edited by IanH