Sign in to follow this  
mikeap

Indirect Fire? Grenades, Shells, Howitzers, Main Deck Gun?

Has anyone gotten this to work? Is there an actual method for using indirect fire weapons?

As mentioned in another thread, I've been using either a Manta or Scout drone to spot rounds, but there have been times when my Howtizer Walrus has either a red or yellow target identified.

I feel like it's mostly blind fire..

Thanks

There has been a few times during the campaign where I have been forced to use either the Grenade launcher or H.E.A.T on a walrus.

I hate the weapons as its far to easy for the AI to evade my shots.

Too many times I see them move out of the way and evade my shots.

On the other hand when I see the AI using them, they can hit me with pinpoint accuracy even if I try to move out of the way after the shot has been fired.

It honestly feels like the shots are tracking sometimes, even though I doubt that is the case.

These indirect fire weapons are difficult to use, and takes time to learn how to use effectively.

These indirect fire weapons are difficult to use, and takes time to learn how to use effectively.

Agree'd

and...I wish friendly AI would actually use their indirect fire weapons correctly. For example, when I target an enemy unit/structure with the howitzer, it will always pull right up on it, then open fire.

It should engage the target up to its maximum range with that weapon.

Which is why I avoid using them altogether.

The direct fire weapons does the job just as good as the indirect ones, if not better

I wish I could choose what weapon to use in all missions, instead of being given weapons that I cant use effectively.

Worst mission for me was on Thermopylae, I was given the H.E.A.T. but all my allies was given direct fire weapons for some reason.

The H.E.A.T is actually powerful enough to 1 shot a walrus, but most of the time it could look like I did a direct hit, but the enemy unit was still going strong.

In many situations I used up most my ammo just to kills 3-4 enemies while the enemy units could fire at me relentlessly with their direct fire weapons and almost didnt survive myself.

Worst mission for me was on Thermopylae, I was given the H.E.A.T. but all my allies was given direct fire weapons for some reason.

The H.E.A.T is actually powerful enough to 1 shot a walrus, but most of the time it could look like I did a direct hit, but the enemy unit was still going strong.

In many situations I used up most my ammo just to kills 3-4 enemies while the enemy units could fire at me relentlessly with their direct fire weapons and almost didnt survive myself.

Did you realise that on that mission you were able to switch to any of the friendly units?

Only mission I've encountered so far that has forced me to IDE a grenade launcher was the one where the main character uses one to reach the RC before another lame FPS level

I do agree that indirect fire is broken.

Broken? No, we just need a ballistic computer/range finder to make it work right. I've also noticed a problem with AI using howitzer, there seems to be no way to tell the AI to fire the weapon from distance, they simply drive to medium/short range and fire it like a HEAT.

I would change the target radical to one that has range markings on it and then add a hit indacator to let you know if you hit or not.

I would change the target radical to one that has range markings on it and then add a hit indacator to let you know if you hit or not.

This!

Least they could have done is use the M203 crosshair from Arma. As it is cannons are useless except from point blank.