Sign in to follow this  
BremusJacklancer

MOD QUESTION: Adding Infantry? Possible?

I get it, some players really detest the idea of ever having infantry in a game where soldiers are fighting for buildings and such, etc.

Thats nice- for you.

For the rest of us, we are wondering why you featured infantry gameplay in the campaign, but left it out of then rest of the game?

I really want to know if its possible, at all, to add infantry units in this game. Even some jury rigged version of a mobile carrier spawning troop units that attack each other.

Or, do you plan on adding them in the future?

I really want to see little guys shooting, and capturing, being transported onto enemy carriers as strike teams. It just seems like a cop out. Ignoring that, you guys made Arma 2, that game has tons of little details. So why release this game without ground troops? Could have brought it to the next level.

Anyone know if it could even be possible to mod them in?

Yes, it's possible. Why shouldn't it? Don't expect anyone to do it for you, though. Those things take a lot of effort. :)

Yes, it's possible. Why shouldn't it? Don't expect anyone to do it for you, though. Those things take a lot of effort. :)

Interesting, I suggest you use the walrus as transportation and infantry as a special upgrade for it (there will be a blueprint), then I would suggest to use the infantry as the only instrument able to perform hacking on defense system and scout missions :yay:

Yes, I can imagine an Infantry "tool" for Walruses. Maybe even use that 1 slot that is never used?

At the very least, for starters, you could write your mod so that it's an additional weapon that just spawns a friendly infantry soldier/droid behind your walrus.

Try it, it might work! :)

Yes, I can imagine an Infantry "tool" for Walruses. Maybe even use that 1 slot that is never used?

At the very least, for starters, you could write your mod so that it's an additional weapon that just spawns a friendly infantry soldier/droid behind your walrus.

Try it, it might work! :)

Weapons are defined in the binarized database, so it is not possible yet. But don't worry, this will be opened up in the modding tools.

The wide door on the back of the carrier that's just above the water, real life marines launch on a big hovercraft out the back though a similar door.