Sign in to follow this  
JakartaJim

@Developers: keys and mouse bindings are too poor and mouse acceleration sucks.

First of all, thank you for the remake of Carrier Command. Today I finally get the game and can finally play it again after decades.

But why do you always have to destroy all the work by little things?

1. Why do I can not freely bind the mouse buttons? And why can I use only 2 mouse buttons? My mouse has five. I'm not a WASD player. I put "forward" always on the right mouse button. So I can’t play Carrier Command like I play my other games. It feels like writing with the left hand for right-handers.

2. Why is the mouse acceleration fixed enabled? Please make it completely deactivable. The mouse acceleration, in my opinion, belongs in the top ten of the stupidest inventions in the computer field and is an absolute disaster if it can not be turned off.

Please, make it right.

I am a little concerned about how BIS has screwed up the mouse accleration in every game except OFP. They even acknowledge it as an area that needs sorting but it nevers shows in their releases. What mice do they use that makes them change it from every other game out there?

+1

i use right click to forward mouse 4 to zoom and arrow key for left ,right

i hate xbox controller it's too slow for me

sign up +1 in reply for change control in carrier command is a good game but the control is very strange for move

There's a little program I have called X-mouse Button Control (developer is called Highresolution Enterprises) that lets you map your 5 mouse buttons to any key. It gives you a different profile for every program you specify. This should help for your key binding issue. As for the mouse acceleration, I'm with you, it boggles my mind why they would do this, it made the FPS section of the game useless for me and is probably why I have such a hard time holding my mantas steady enough to aim.

Wow, right click to go forward? That sounds awkward and limited already. But each to there own I guess..

My opinion on why the control bindings are limited and feel clunky.... Games are made with console controllers in mind rather than keyboard and mouse. Just one of the ways consoles are ruining PC gaming.

Something needs to be done about the mouse acceleration NOW. While I can normally deal with a little bit of mouse acceleration (e.g. Far Cry 2, BF3 etc.) there is so much in CC I cannot play the campaign because the disconnect between relative mouse movement and what actually happens on the screen is enough to make me motion sick. Not even the beta trick of switching off post-processing makes it bearable any more. Ugh.

Edited by Osric
Missed an "f" in "off"

Now we got Patch 1.6 and mouse acceleration is still fixed enabled.

How difficult is it to do a scrollbar to put the mouse acceleration from 10 to 0?

And again: The mouse acceleration, in my opinion, belongs in the top ten of the stupidest inventions in the computer field and is an absolute disaster if it can not be turned off.

So the planes are not controllable.

Just wanted to get my name down in this thread as I'm with you as well on the mouse movement controls, seriously needs fixing

I have been trying for weeks now to get use to using a xbox controller, I got to say they are really spaz. Who ever invented the xbox controller needs something really bad to happen to them. ;)