Sign in to follow this  
delta99

Limiting forums shown in New Posts

I like to use the New Posts link for forums often to show me all the new posts since my last visit however I'm seeing way too much stuff from forums I'm not interested in.

Is there some forum setting or some way for me to only see posts from forums I am interested in. Without being able to do this the New Posts functionality is becoming almost useless with the number of threads being created in the Take on Heli and other forums that are completely irrelevant to me.

Plus one for this. I'm not interested in seeing stuff about Carrier Command.

I like to use the New Posts link for forums often to show me all the new posts since my last visit...

Thats pretty much all i use also... would be nice if you could filter or something .

I agree, don't have any desire to wade thought those carrier command posts...

I'm just relieved Iron Front has turned out to be a turkey. Imagine how many more irrelevant posts we'd have to wade through if it had been any good?

A turnaround is : mark CC forum as read by double clicking on the icon in front of CC subforum.

Ah, yes Prof> Well done!

Go into the CC forum, top left is thread tools - in that, click "Mark Forum as Read", then click new posts. Excellent.

Oh... just clicking the red new icon does it too? Even better. :) That's an acceptable work around for me.

I'm just relieved Iron Front has turned out to be a turkey. Imagine how many more irrelevant posts we'd have to wade through if it had been any good?

Yes, it's a good thing BIS didn't do as well out of it as they might have hoped. Otherwise it would have slightly inconvenienced your forum viewing. Thank God!

:ok:

A turnaround is : mark CC forum as read by double clicking on the icon in front of CC subforum.

Its a workaround but not a great one. I have to double click 9 times at the very top level for the 9 top level forums I do not care to read. PLUS, it doesn't seem to work on an iPad where I do a majority of my reading!!

You could also subscribe to forums/thread that you want to see but that wont stop the new posts from listing everything, just another option.

Btw Delta love your Avatar, Delta Force was my first FPS game back in the day when I first started gaming ;)

You could also subscribe to forums/thread that you want to see but that wont stop the new posts from listing everything, just another option.

Btw Delta love your Avatar, Delta Force was my first FPS game back in the day when I first started gaming ;)

I already do that and am subscribed to hundreds of threads but that doesn't help really. Thanks on the Avatar.