Sign in to follow this  
deanolium

[MOD] Island Mod

***PLEASE NOTE: This is currently only working on the Steam version. As soon as we figure out how to make it work on non-steam versions, I'll update this with the instructions. Sorry for everyone whose not running the Steam version!***

Hi there,

Here's my first mod for Carrier Command's strategy mode; the main thing is does is allow you to set the number of islands in Strategy mode which are taken over by each side, from 3 to15 islands each (with the rest being neutral). You can select the number of islands by the top slider when you start Strategy mode (the number of islands conquered or something like that) -- This isn't a new slider, but basically me hijacking the top slider that's already there. Be warned that selecting 3 islands can lead to a long game.

This version also has a manual time warp, which is switched on and off by the 'k' key. Note however that mantas and walruses won't speed up, and pressing the button turns their AI off. So if they're on a programmed route, then they will just go into a straight line until they hit stuff. So only use it when you have all your vehicles inside your carrier.

There's also a quick fix for the vehicles. In the original, if you give a vehicle a program and control it; when you change control to another vehicle, the original one resumes its program. This really annoyed me, so I've made it so it won't go back onto its program until you explicitly 'enable' it (via the 'e' key). If people are interested, I could put in a keyboard control so you can go switch between the two behaviours - just let me know if so.

Enjoy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101876491/islandMod_v2.zip

To Use:

Just unzip this into your carrier command folder and run the game. To deactivate the mod, just rename the 'scripts' directory to something else like 'scripts_x'. Of course, use at your own risk -- to be safe start a strategy game from new; and I have no idea if this will affect the campaign game (so rename the directory if you want to play that to be safe).

Feel free to put feedback etc below.

//deano

Thanks to SirAvenger, here are some instructions on getting this working for the Sprocket version:

Follow these steps:

- install Thygrrr CarrierTools

- unpack the file patch00.pak (drag the file patch00.pak to the batchfile extract.bat) --> you will get a folder named patch00.pak.unpacked

- rename the file patch00.pak (ex. patch00.pak.backup)

- rename the folder patch00.pak.unpacked to patch00

- copy the files from the mod into the folder patch00 and replace the existing files there

- drag the folder patch00 to the batchfile package.bat and you will get a new file patch00.pak

i hope this helps everybody, who has the sprocket version and wants this mod.

Edited by deanolium

Nice - well done! I will give it a try later - my only worry is that I happen to like the fact that the vehicle re-assume their instructions when I jump to another one!

Well, you can easily just hit 'e' before you change vehicle ;) I could easily use a button to switch between the two behaviours, and will probably be my next change for this.

For now, if you want it in the old style, just delete/rename the file /scripts/campaign/telecontrol.h as that's where I put that change in.

Thanks for v2, I found the auto program resume annoying also, thanks for this.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

What varable would we cange if we want there to be more islands?

And what do we change to give the enemy a few more islands then you have to start?

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

I tried adjusting the slider and it didn't do anything..

Hmmm - will check the slider, but it should work. It's the topmost one in the strategy game generation screen entitled Captured Islands Count.

The variable is in /scripts/Campaign/classic_campaign.h -- look for the iUEC and iAPA variables; these are how many islands each side starts with.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

I should note - that by extract the zip file, it should create a folder called scripts in the carrier command directory. If it creates a directory called islandMod_v2 then move everything from that directory into the program folder.

I've checked the slider, and it does work. So check the folder is right, and maybe check the 'k' timewarp key works as a check that the mod is working.

Edited by deanolium

I tried adjusting the slider and it didn't do anything..

same here, it's not working for me.

i have the folder scripts including the file ccgame.c and a subfolder Campaign with 2 files (classic_campaign.h and telecontrol.h)

if i switch the slide bar to left, i get 3 islands and the enemy gets nearly all the other islands. Also pressing k has no effect.

maybe something is missing in the .zip file?

Weird, I'll check again to see what going wrong, as that's sounding like the default behavior.

deanolium - I can confirm this.

My suspicion is that making the changes for this mod you enabled access to the /scripts directory. Without changes elsewhere - just dropping the scripts folder in will not make the application use it. It must become a resources somewhere. Here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140967-TOOL-CarrierTools-(modding-tool-inside)&p=2233979&viewfull=1#post2233979

you stated some additional modifications to other files so so that /scripts gets added. I suspect that is what is missing.

Are you packing the files in the correct directory?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

And pressing K doesn't do anything, I don't even see you little deano message in the ship and message log

The game (at least the steam version!) is configured by default to use real files as "mod files", you just need to put the scripts directory from this mod into the same directory that "carrier.exe" is located in.

Just checked, and it's definitely working here, and that's going back to the original install. Here's a screen shot of my directory:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101876491/carrier_mod_shot.gif (142 kB)

I'm using the Steam version (as noted), and as Thygrrr has stated, it's configured by default to use the seperate files if they're in the right place. You can check this by finding your saves directory (for steam it's ...\Steam\userdata\41771232\65740\local) and open the ccsettings.xml. You should then see the following in the file:

<filesystem>

<path directory="./"/>

<path directory="data00.cc"/>

<path directory="data01.cc"/>

<path directory="data02.cc"/>

</filesystem>

Which is what does the magic. If you're using a non-steam version and it doesn't have this in the ccsettigns.xml file, let us know.

I hope this helps!

I don't have the steam vershion......

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Just checked, and it's definitely working here, and that's going back to the original install. Here's a screen shot of my directory:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101876491/carrier_mod_shot.gif (142 kB)

I'm using the Steam version (as noted), and as Thygrrr has stated, it's configured by default to use the seperate files if they're in the right place. You can check this by finding your saves directory (for steam it's ...\Steam\userdata\41771232\65740\local) and open the ccsettings.xml. You should then see the following in the file:

<filesystem>

<path directory="./"/>

</filesystem>

Which is what does the magic. If you're using a non-steam version and it doesn't have this in the ccsettigns.xml file, let us know.

I hope this helps!

so what?, I have to add the scripts folder to that? Because I do see that in the ccsettigns.xml file at the top

No. The line that "enables" mods is this line:

<path directory="./"/>

If you have that (the Steam version does out of the box), then your game already supports modding. And it means you put your scripts folder in the wrong place.

EDIT: There's actually a slim chance that the 1.02 patch (which has a different exe than the 1.01 version on Steam) doesn't support this, or works differently. Please confirm.

Edited by Thygrrr

Unfortunately I'm away until tomorrow - but if you could maybe put up a picture of your carrier command directory, that might be useful in figuring out why it's not working. Hopefully we'll be able to figure this out -- it'll be great when the next patch comes out to unify the different versions.

Just a notice. I got attacked on a neutral island (By the islands own defences). Was that umm Fulctrum or whatever the name is.

This is most likely unrelated to the mod. Neutral islands sometimes have hostile units on them. (the very first island I visited in Strategy Game had turrets, I found that... disturbing)

I must say you choose a couple of really nice things for this 'first mod'. :)

Anyway. I have the Bohemia 1.2 version. I unzipped contents in game install folder, so the "scripts" folder with contents is there.

Started new strategy game and put the top slider furthest to the left. Started with 3 own islands, 4 neutral and 30-ish enemy islands. So I guess it didn't take(?).

There is a ccsettings.xml file in both game install directory and saved games directory. Both being like this in the beginning:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<config version="1.0">

<filesystem>

<path directory="./"/>

</filesystem>

...if it helps in any way.

Disregard my PM. You have the same version of the game.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

http://i48.tinypic.com/30lfplv.jpg (165 kB)

This is what it looks on my PC. Just installed the v2 mod, works right out of the box. What does your "scripts" folder contain, Tontow?

For me, it's ccgame.c and the Campaign subfolder.

Edited by Thygrrr

I don't see any new slider - the mod seems to be not used at all. In the directory where carrier.exe resides, I've put the "scripts" folder. CC is v. 1.02 from BI.

EDIT: Uh-oh, I see you write "in campaign mode". And I expected a new slider (and maybe numbers to read, a proper island counter) when starting strategy mode. My misunderstanding. Honestly, nothing changes for strategy mode. If I press "k", nothing happens. Production e.g. is as fast as before and not time stretched.

To be precise - this is my files/folder structure:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Campaign\
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\bis.url
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\CarrierCommand_manual.pdf
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\ccsettings.xml
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\d3dx9_41.dll
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\data00.cc
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\data01.cc
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\data02.cc
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\enforce3_ltcg.dll
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\enforce3_ltcg.pdb
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\feedback.url
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\gameapp_ltcg.pdb
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\homepage.url
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\patch00.pak
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\product.bin
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\readme.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\rev.dbg
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Campaign\classic_campaign.h
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Campaign\telecontrol.h
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\ccgame.c
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\UnInstall.csv
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\UnInstall.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\UnInstall.log

Edited by tortuosit

So strange. deanoTimeWarp works, few island start works (obviously by the "start game" number of islands slider, which is actually there even without the mod).

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

BUT!!!!

c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\patch00.pak <--- uh oh.

I'd really like to take a look at that file, please.

On the plus side, we probably found a way to deploy mods in packages (still poor mod interoperability, of course).

Edited by Thygrrr

Works for me, though i think some people think there is a new slider. Everything looks the same ui, wise. But after moving the first 2 sliders all the way to the left, the game loads with both sides owning 3 islands only.

Works for me, though i think some people think there is a new slider. Everything looks the same ui, wise. But after moving the first 2 sliders all the way to the left, the game loads with both sides owning 3 islands only.

Hmmm. Here the enemy has most islands, a few are neutral and I have 3 or so...

I don't see a difference at all before and after mod...