Sign in to follow this  
Johny

PC/Xbox360 Patch & saves

I apologize for the confusion surrounding the patching and savegames based. I would like to sum few things up and explain in a bit more detail.

Xbox360:

Title Update has been available at the time the game was released (Live connected Xbox360 is required to download the Title Update).

This update fixes several issues.

Most severe one was that under certain circumstances Save game files were being created larger and large eventually resulting in save game corruption. This was fixed in the title update , but if the save game file is already affected by this bug, it will eventually become corrupted so it is the safest to start the game again. That was the main reason we have pushed for the Title Update to be ready before the game was released.

Other wise the save games are compatible on Xbox360 between both versions.

PC:

Game was released in version 1.00 and 1.01 (displayed as 1.1.0.xxxxx) in game.

Patch 1.02 (released on the UK Launch date,4 days before US launch date) may be applied to any of these versions except for Steam (I will address Steam bellow).

This patch fixes similar Save game issue as I described in the Xbox360 version. Unfortunately PC version required few extra fixes that made it impossible for us to make version 1.02 save game compatible with previous versions so it is not possible to allow older savegames to be used without risk of the game progress becoming broken some time after patching.

Steam version is different EXE (unlike regular version it for example uses Steam Achievements) and it has been already ready for release on the Steam before the decision to change version number on the patch from 1.1 to 1.2 was made (mainly because of the save game incompatibility).

As my colleague has announced here ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141129-Carrier-Command-Gaea-Mission-AI-pathfindng-to-be-addressed ) we are currently working on the patch. Besides providing fix for the AI pathfinding (and looking into other issues reported since the release) we are focusing on making the patch savegame compatible with v1.2(current patch) and Steam version 1.1 (release/current Steam version).

Good morning - this is my first post - please be gentle!

I have waited for countless years for CC to be released......infact set a monthly reminder to check its progress (must get out more)

I actually purchased a new XBOX just to play this one game instead of waiting for a new PC.

My problem I think isn't unusual but when I try and save a game....it freezes with the time animation simply stopping. I signed up for a free XBOX live account last night and it seemed to pull down a CC 4Mb update. I've just had a look and can't see a version number.

I've read somewhere that the patch does remove this error but you may have to start again. It is a little annoying but I'm prepared to do this if someone (please) can confirm that this will solve the problem......

Despite critisism - really enjoying the game, appreciate it's not for everyone but a lot of good work has gone into this remake.....well done!

Many thanks in advance

XBOX basic 4Gb

No hacks

clean install

installed game to hard drive/memory as opposed to running from disk

Version number should be on the bottom right of the main menu, although I don't know about XBOX version. If you had already started a game before the title update was performed then you are probably best to start a new game.

P.S you should probably put this post in Troubleshooting section instead of replying to the sticky.

Thanks for you quick reply - appreciated!

So i've formatted (or as close as I can to it) the XBOX. Reinstalled CC to the hard drive and created a new campaign. Interestingly the save data is around 750Mb smaller than before....I was only 5 islands into the campaign......

I'm hoping this will answer it as around 10 save points shouldn't take up that amount of space!

I'll report back in a few days and let you know whether the patch cured the problem

Thanks again

I assume when you formatted and reinstalled, you did the title update again?

750Mb does seem like a lot, my save games are only 63Mb, and that's for a completed campaign as well as a completed strategy game.

It's difficult to say...here's how the install went (excuse bullets)

1 unwrapped XBOX

2 installed game

3 completed (say) 3-4 islands (multiple save points)

4 tried installing game to hard drive of XBOX (no difference - game still freezes)

5 created new MS Live account

6 on next launch of CC - it automatically downloaded 4Mb patch

7 carried on playing.....still freezes

8 came to these forums and saw post at the top of this thread

------FORMATTED XBOX--------

9 made sure all previous game saves were gone

10 installed CC straight to hard drive

11 started game

to be fair it didn't seem to download the patch so I wonder if it's already there. I've been a PC and PS3 gamer for years so brand new to XBOX (I only purchased it for this one game!) I can't see an obvious way of checking the version number after spending 20mins on every menu I can find. Likewise the last time I launched it....it wouldn't let me run it until it downloaded the patch. So I'm hoping all is well now.

Hey Ho - back to trying to find the Carrier on Foot!

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

***should add that my formatting may not be a full format as to be understood on a pc or playstation. I'm still trawling the forums trying to find the hidden "use this key combo to completely format the xbox ie: Clear memory, hard drive and revert to factory settings***

Despite Xbox patch on release there are still problems with save corruption and glitched unobtainable achievements.

As I know from friend US version already has 3 glitched achievements from main campaign (for destroying career, finishing game and some 3rd story related). I'm playong on EU vers. so will check this evetually on myself..

And still game can without any reason corrupt saves and statistics file, like it happened to me. Durring campaign (around 5-6th island) at some point when I tried to save, error msg. poped saying that I don't have free space on HDD (but I had almost 70 GB's) and from that point I wasn't able to load any save, even from beginning of campaign and what better I started new campaign and wasn't even able to save anymore, always getting same HDD error. I checked on other games so it wasn't matter of disk failure.

I had to delete all game remains from hard disk, clear cache and now I'm starting all over.

Edited by igor5618
error

Hi There,

thought I would offer an update on my last posts a few weeks in.

So after a full reset including uninstall and deleting all game saves it seems to have worked!

Games save in around 3-4 seconds and load in around 4-5 seconds - a massive change from before. This proves that the patch fixes the save problem BUT you have to start with a new game ie: new game saves. The patch does not work with existing game saves!

I have completed the mission a couple of times turning up the difficulty each time to make it harder and extending the life of the game. Despite having the ticks in the boxes on destroying the carrier and capturing all islands nothing happened..........the next time I played upon the same conditions I was told I had completed it so it looks like a glitch.

Still thoroughly enjoying the game despite it's obvious shortcomings....terrible AI on the Walrus' and carrier engine control.

Now if I can only find a way of stopping the two officers arguing everytime I approach an island in bad weather "Sir I Suggest we come back" - "Sir I strongly dissagree" GGGrrrr So if the developers can include a patch to send a memo to all officers to stop repeating advice I'd be happy (tongue in cheek)

iron out all the kinks in the PC version, then create an expansion pack that adds some more customisation to your vehicles, more weapons, and more control over your islands facilities. As well as adding the Wire-Guided Missile from the original, because that was one of my favourite weapons. Make armour mk4 mk5 and mk6 to change the design of the vehicles so you have more customisation, for instance, mk4 could be strong agains lasers but weak agains projectiles, and it is light weight. make the armour change how the units look, so that when sending out a team you can see the difference between units and this gives player the ability to strategically outfit their units in a configuration that would work when storming an island. Things like this (once the game has had all the bugs ironed out) I would be willing to pay for in an expansion.

is there any news on the recent patch for the 360 ??

im not talking about the one from the release date but the one to sort this crappy A.I out, im getting fed up with waiting, at this rate i will be on the 720 before this gets fixed,

pull your fingers out and give us our update

god nows how many emails ive sent you asking for a simple yes or no to the update and no reply ??

your costumer service needs to be looked at, or dont you give a dam about your costumers anymore !!

I've been waiting patiently since last October for a patch that would allow me to play the game (on Windows 7, new graphics card purchased specifically for CCGM). Today's release has completely destroyed whatever functionality the program might have had previously—very little, indeed. What gives?

Edited by alell

I played Carrier Command on Xbox, and I attacked enemy with walrus. I jumped from hill and... I fall under island.

I swim to shore and land.