Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

UH-72 Lakota

I'm loving this! Anyway we could get some good old wire frames? I'm a sucker for some good wire frames. :D

I'm loving this! Anyway we could get some good old wire frames? I'm a sucker for some good wire frames. :D

Here's a older one prior to the tail-boom being completed.

th_Lakota.jpg

Damn, she is looking fine. I could kiss you dude! :yay:

The 58 is on the back-burner for awhile, I'm still fairly new to modeling and it can take me forever to actually get anything done. The good news is that Autodesk approved my free version of Max (an hour ago) due to the fact that I'm currently in the military/Veteran. So, I can get back to working on both birds at a decent pace. I was using Blender after my Max trial expired, but I found the menu system/UI really obtuse.

@ Adumb

Better version for ya.

th_lakotaWF.jpg

Hi-res render at 4096x3112. The image comes in at around 35MB's, so it might take awhile to open.

th_LakotaHiResRender.jpg

Edited by DetCord

1336393833358.jpg

Hopefully that doubles as motivation (Unless you're a dog person like me, then i'll have to keep looking :P)

Looking awesome Detcord.

BTW, just curious as to why so many people ask to see wireframes? I'm not complaining, just wondering what purpose it serves in the modelling area?

And by that, I mean, does it give some inclination as to how many faces it's going to be utilizing or whether it will slow down a PC, etc., etc.?

Anyways, great looking bird there.

It gives a better idea of the artist's process. For instance, this model looks pretty dense to be a game model... and it makes me wonder what the advantage of working in all triangles is, and what the all-triangulated work-flow is like. What's the poly count?

It gives a better idea of the artist's process. For instance, this model looks pretty dense to be a game model... and it makes me wonder what the advantage of working in all triangles is, and what the all-triangulated work-flow is like. What's the poly count?

Currently sitting at 37k, which is high, but that will change once its OM'd properly. I haven't even touched O2 yet and likely won't for quite some time.

The answer is no, and I'm sure no one wants to turn this thread into an offtopic brawl, so let's stick to the topic please.

Currently sitting at 37k, which is high, but that will change once its OM'd properly. I haven't even touched O2 yet and likely won't for quite some time.

Yeah, the game usually can't display more than 22k-ish polys at once, depending on your use of hard edges.

What about the all triangulated workflow, though? That's quite confusing to me. It seems like you're really hamstringing yourself with Max's tools.

Edited by Max Power

Well....I apologize sincerely for getting this off topic. All I was intending was to understand what I needed to provide when showing my work progress off in the future and what WIP pictures I should be taking along the development process to prove that it's my work.

As far as DetCord's plans on this helo, will it have a hidden selection for a stretcher?

Thanks

PuFu's post is why I asked. I was hoping it Wasn't true. :(

@Detcord: If you want I have some sound internal and external of an EC-145 (start up, flight, and shut down).

1. learn to write

2. it's a matter of license, and a matter of trust. someone who says he did something himself, but in fact he used someone elses model(s) - like the case here, it's pretty fucking stupid.

So my rushed and misspelled post irritates you? Im sorry I wasn't aware this forum had a spelling police as well. Im so sorry. It wont happen again. Don't taze me brah!