Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

UH-72 Lakota

I've been working on this for a little over a month, when time presents itself.

The UH-72 Lakota is a twin-engine helicopter with a single, four-bladed main rotor. The UH-72 is a militarized version of the Eurocopter EC145 and is built by American Eurocopter division of EADS North America. Initially marketed as the UH-145, the helicopter was selected as the winner of the United States Army's Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) program on 30 June 2006. In October 2006, American Eurocopter was awarded a production contract for 345 aircraft to replace aging UH-1H/V and OH-58A/C helicopters in the Army and Army National Guard fleets.

Hoping to look into doing several different variants that include the UH, OH, and AH versions.

th_UH-72_Lakota2.jpg

th_untitled2012-10-0506173600000.png

Aw, Nice, looking good.

So these are being used in conjunction with the OH-58F's in the US army?

Aw, Nice, looking good.

So these are being used in conjunction with the OH-58F's in the US army?

They're supposed to replace some of the 58D's mate, though nothing concrete as of yet. The UH-72A has flown in Afghanistan as a MedEvac bird, however, I've only seen a few flying around here at Riley and none in theater.

Edited by DetCord

They've got Lukota's at Riley now? Must have gotten them when I left. AFIAK though 1-6 was supposed to start turning in their 58's to get converted to 58Fs...dunno if that ever happened though I ETSed right after we got back from Iraq last year.

Anyway, cool looking aircraft

Could I just place my order for one, or maybe a couple.. :D

Looking great..

Apologies for the nomenclature error. I have no idea where the 6 in UH-76 came from. Should be UH-72.

th_untitled2012-10-0511293400000.png

Still need to add the MMS, that's the ball on top of the rotor assembly for all you civies out there.

th_untitled2012-10-0511162400000.png

Edited by DetCord

They're supposed to replace some of the 58D's mate, though nothing concrete as of yet. The UH-72A has flown in Afghanistan as a MedEvac bird, however, I've only seen a few flying around here at Riley and none in theater.

At least you have some pretty good reference unlike some here who have to base everything off low res photos online :P

Also didn't know the Nat guard still used UH-1's until you noted it, thought those where phased out long ago.

Nice to see you back DetCord, I thought you had deployed. Anyways, great looking helo there. I actually started modelling it in Modo, but got distracted by other projects.

Can't wait to use this in it's medical role.

Keep up the great work.

Also didn't know the Nat guard still used UH-1's until you noted it, thought those where phased out long ago.

LOL mate, you're not the only one!

I was convinced they had all been long phased out until I put boots on ground in Afghanistan my last deployment. Even then, I was certain they were Afghan birds. It wasn't until I walked up to the FARP and actually saw the US MIL markings on them did I realize they were ours. Was a bit like a culture shock so too speak.

th_untitled2012-10-0511313600000.png

Talking with Army pilots, I was always told that the Lakota was a CONUS bird only. Did that change?

LOL mate, you're not the only one!

I was convinced they had all been long phased out until I put boots on ground in Afghanistan my last deployment. Even then, I was certain they were Afghan birds. It wasn't until I walked up to the FARP and actually saw the US MIL markings on them did I realize they were ours. Was a bit like a culture shock so too speak.

Are you sure it wasn't a DEA or the like bird? I know the Air Force still fly them (out of Hurlburt and Rucker for training), but I'd be surprised if the Guard is taking them OCONUS, especially with no ASE onboard.

They're there. And the UH-1's were indeed US Army birds.

th_untitled2012-10-0511151200000.png

nice bird ! like the work so far. would you mind to make a cicilian verion too ? so also you can use that nice bird in citylife2 or if you just like to play civilian ;)

looking forward to it.

nice bird ! like the work so far. would you mind to make a cicilian verion too ? so also you can use that nice bird in citylife2 or if you just like to play civilian ;)

looking forward to it.

No plans for a civilian version, that is why it has the UH military designation.

Do any of the doors animate open and close?

Haven't thought that far ahead to be honest.

Nice model, wish someone gave this much attention to the OH-58. Good job!

Like this one? :cool:

th_OH58WIP2012-10-0621291200000.png

Nice job his beatiful, specialy the main rotor, I'll waiting it with impatience