Sign in to follow this  
Savant1974

Bug: Total lockup

I had to actually reset the computer when this one happened; I was on the production screen building more carrier fuel after running out near an island when I manually exited timewarp. When the countdown hit 0 (the time it would have saved) it froze up, although the cursor could still move and the music was still playing. I was actually in the process of clicking on production items at the time it happened. This is on the current steam version btw.

Just wanted to say as well, the game is growing on me in spite of this. When it's working, it's a unique and fun gaming experience that's sorta got me hooked. As more of these bugs are squashed, it'll grow on me even more :cool:

Edited by Savant1974

Yes I get lockups every now and then, as well. Plus occasional crashes.

Thygrrr, you have steam version as well?

Is there something in common, that you think might link these hang-ups?(something to help us localize the problem) Maybe even some save game file that causes hang-up everytime?

The more I play it the more I like it, except for the lockups which can only be solved by a hard reboot. (Power off and reboot from the pc power switch). Windows XP sp3, Intel 4 dual CPU, 4 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD4800 with latest drivers 8.97.100. Game runs from the direct pc download (version 1.02), no steam client.

Currently happens at any point during the campaign for the second island after as little as twenty minutes of play. Screen goes dark, no response to CTRL-ALT-DELETE or ALT-TAB, sometimes the music starts up again but no video input.

As I use dual monitors I have tried disabling one with no effect. I also tried running the game in a windowed mode as opposed to full screen but that did not make a difference. Event log does not have any entries when the pc locks up.

Basically a great, unplayable game.