Sign in to follow this  
exentenzed

The "helipad" at the Rear of the carrier, Suggestion/Question.

I've noticed that there is a "helipad" at the rear of our carrier, i was wondering if it's currently beeing used for anything. If not, have you allready planned to do something with it?

Just curious since i got an idea for it the other day. Dropships!

I think it would be cool if you could be able to have a dropship on the carrier that you can fly to islands and then after you land it you can press "F" to deploy droids that will attack and capture any nearby buildings, like turrets and walrus garages. And then the walrus garages would start deploying friendly walruses that would patrol and help you attack an island. :)

Thoughts? :)

Helicopter resupply?

Less cargo capacity and range but quicker than barque?

It has no use in campaign mode, but in strategy mode its used for the scout drone.

Ah! Havent used the scout drone yet so didnt know that. Would you happen to know what the little hatch behind the manta lift is for aswell? I dont mean the hammerhead hatch in front but it's a small tiny one in the back on top of the deck, next to the control tower.

Even though, i guess one could get a dropship mount in the slot where the hooks/ammobox/flares are for the manta. :P I really would love to see deployable infantry somehow in the game aswell you see. :P

It has no use in campaign mode, but in strategy mode its used for the scout drone.

what? there is no scout drone in campaign mode? If the campaign mode is also the tutorial then isn't that kinda defeating the purpose of having the campaign?

what? there is no scout drone in campaign mode? If the campaign mode is also the tutorial then isn't that kinda defeating the purpose of having the campaign?

Name one game you played that gives you everything during the tutorial.

The tutorial is usually intended to teach you the basics of the game, never seen a game where you get everything during the tutorial.

I dont see how that beats the purpose of the campaign/tutorial.

Ah! Havent used the scout drone yet so didnt know that. Would you happen to know what the little hatch behind the manta lift is for aswell? I dont mean the hammerhead hatch in front but it's a small tiny one in the back on top of the deck, next to the control tower.

Even though, i guess one could get a dropship mount in the slot where the hooks/ammobox/flares are for the manta. :P I really would love to see deployable infantry somehow in the game aswell you see. :P

I never noticed it, so I did some checking.

Turns out its where the scout drone is stored and launched from.

But it leads to another question.

I thought the Helipad was for the scout drone, as that is what has been said about it.

But it turns out the Scout drone is hovering above that hatch after being launched.

But the Helipad is actually unused, so what is the helipad really for?

Edited by Bansheedragon

I think it would be cool if you could be able to have a dropship on the carrier that you can fly to islands and then after you land it you can press "F" to deploy droids that will attack and capture any nearby buildings, like turrets and walrus garages. And then the walrus garages would start deploying friendly walruses that would patrol and help you attack an island. :)

That would be freakin' awesome! :bounce3:

I've noticed that there is a "helipad" at the rear of our carrier, i was wondering if it's currently beeing used for anything. If not, have you allready planned to do something with it?

Then there would be no real need for a carrier and we could call it drop-ship command. :)

I'd love to see an automated hook-carrier like the Magpie on Antaeus Raising. :)

Maby use it to launch a manta that is pre-hooked to a walrus?

I thought that is where the Hammerhead launches from.

No, the Hammerhead launcher is at the front of the carrier.

Its in front of the manta lifts.

If you go to the repair screen and mouse over the Hammerhead repair icon there it will indicate where the hammerhead launcher are.

Then there would be no real need for a carrier and we could call it drop-ship command. :)

Oh! but i did not mean that they would attack the entire island for you, basicly just to take 1 of the bases on an island. :P But you might be right, it could still be a bit overpowered. :P

At any rate, as i mentioned earlier i just really want us to be able to deploy some infantry aswell. :)

I think it would have its uses. In particular, infantry would be useful for the islands that are protected from the scrambler that limits computer-controlled craft. Also, like in most RTS games, limiting the capture of firewalls, research etc... to infantry only, would then allow for infantry to play a more pertinent role within the game.

Whilst it doesn't fit within the model of Carrier Command, the parts where you play in first person - walking around a carrier, or disabling a shield generator behind enemy lines, added another element to the game for me; hard to describe but the environment suddenly felt more "real". Would love to see something like that implemented in the future.