Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

Demo is out, download now.

Is the BIS-Stuff sleeping again or are you just refuse to be more communicative and user-friendly ? (Didn't BIS hired people to do the PR Stuff?)

Totally unintelligible...

----------------------------------------

The Demo is out now.

Download the Demo

Download

carriercommandaholic.com

Store.Bistudio.com

UlozTo.cz

ausgamers.com

---------------------------------------

First Error:

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ier Command Gaea Mission DEMO\carrier_demo.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 10179307 at 28

[enf::AnimsetDef::GetAttributeIndex]: ??? addr:0x10179307

[enf::AnimsetDef::GetAttributeIndex]: ??? addr:0x10179307

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Runtime mode

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

Not preloaded obj/characters/camera.xob

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

-> Reduced the Solution and the visualeffects and now it works.

Edited by Raptor

I expected the BI officials to do that

Me too. Added your Mirror. ;)

Tested the demo and I'm bound to say,

CC:GM seems to be a really nice game. It's a fresh variety of the normal style games. I also liked the FPS part which is very good introduction in the handling and the story-gameplay.

Shame that the strategicpart isn't that extensive.

On the otherside, as often reported, the AI has much pathfinding issues and some controlling functions didn't worked properly. (e.g. before the enemy carrier arrived and you forced the manta to dock on your carier because of health and fuel, the AI didn't get managed the introductions)

Therefore, still waiting and observing the development and if the initial issues get fixed I will go for it. :)

Btw. @BIS did you get a longliving licence on the antique Gameinstaller ? It's still the same since OFP.

Edited by Raptor

Okay, added the Link, thanks for the note.

We don't know the hierarchy of the infamous BIS-System,

logical for me the moderators are the guys how create such theards but otherwise primary Korneel‎ seems to be the PR-guy overall at BIS or is it Dram ? How knows...

Hi guys, you're right we should've made a post about the demo release on the forums. Apologies for this, we were still occupied with guiding the launch. I'll make it an official forum post today - thanks for stepping up in the meantime, Raptor ;-)

EDIT: And here it is.

Edited by Korneel

can anyone please confirm something for me...in the demo it seems I cannot bind any commands to my left and right mouse buttons. Is it also this same way in the full version?, and if so, does BIS plan to fix this?

As have yet to get the game, downloaded the demo and just had one playthrough just now.

A problem appeared the first two or three times I tried to start a campaign, it crashed with an error message:

2m5mlhz.jpg

The last time it happened I tried the "let windows go online and try to repair the problem" option (or something to that end), just for laughs, as if that was going to work.. I got no feedback at all after that so I don't know what, if anything, it did, but amazingly it did work the next time I tried it :)

Oh, using Windows Vista Ultimate, 64-bit btw.

Also, once it started, I want to add that I enjoyed it! It looks good (so far, as said I just had one demo playthrough).