Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Does an Space sim game with FPS parts in it exist ?

It looks very interesting but I fear it will be a MMO with monthly subcription/payment....

That is very pretty and all, has immersive fps/cockpit mechanics. But where is the SIM part of "Space sim"?? The game is such a big collection of cliché's and misconceptions that it makes me cry tears.

I especially enjoyed vaportrailsFPDR

Orbital mechanics is actually much easier to learn then you can think of, and visual aside, from the look of it atless there is basic newtonian physics, which is good enough.

That is very pretty and all, has immersive fps/cockpit mechanics. But where is the SIM part of "Space sim"?? The game is such a big collection of cliché's and misconceptions that it makes me cry tears.

I especially enjoyed vaportrailsFPDR

In which, the "space sim" in your word is quite different then what this thread are about, Orbiter(or to some extends, Kerbal space program) is what you should look for.

FPDR

Edited by 4 IN 1

It looks very interesting but I fear it will be a MMO with monthly subcription/payment....

No monthly payment, no subscription, no mini transactions for items or anything!

No monthly payment, no subscription, no mini transactions for items or anything!

You sure?

The website seems to tell a different story

Well I read that in an article, maybe they got it wrong... But it said explicitly no monthly fees...

I found something in their forums

From the main page:

What’s Your Online Revenue Model?

Not a subscription but not free-to-play; rather a hybrid of these two business models. Much like ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2, you will purchase the PC game and pay no recurring subscription charges. Your purchase of the game will allow you to play in the universe for free, forever! The game will offer a variety of virtual items for purchase with in-game credits allowing you to spend money on items that offer more ways to express yourself, provide convenience, and customize your experience. But the cardinal rule regarding “in-game purchases†is: Players who spend money purchasing in-game credits will have no advantage over players who spend time!

Everything is bought with in-game credits. These purchases won’t offer any advantage over someone who puts in the “game-time†to earn the same amount of credits. You might ask, why have “in-game†purchases at all? This allows us the resources to support the game on an ongoing basis as well as continually add content.

So you can buy better stuff with real money, but I think that I´m ok with that.

It seems to be more or less like EVE-ONLINE model where you sell PLEX(game time) for ISK. The difference is that in plex model the game time is paid by someone else

Edited by 4 IN 1

Never been an MMO person myself, but I find this most appealing.

Same.

Like their Revenue Model too

I don't have to turn into a EVE hermit, feeling like I MUST use my monthly subscription