Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

Voice actor volume.

I have checked ccsettings but can't find a way to boost the voices in CCGA. They are getting drowned out by the background sounds, and it's very difficult to hear what they are nagging at me about. Any one found a way to increase the volume on the voices?

Haven't you put the voices on maximum and the other sounds at a lower setting while physically turning up the volume on the speakers?

Haven't you put the voices on maximum and the other sounds at a lower setting while physically turning up the volume on the speakers?

I have no voices slider. Only sound effects and music.

Interestingly, for me, the voices got QUIETER.

I can swear they were fine a little earlier. Steam version.

Any Dev's hanging around that can comment on this voice volume problem?

I have the same issue, voices can hardly be heard so I had to turn on subtitles to read what is said. When I shut down all engines (so simply not move) I can understand them, but very soft.

But I admit, I have issues with sound in every game and it seems CC for me is no different. Engines are so loud they "override" all other sounds, including shooting/voices etc.

(in Arma I can not hear anything else when an engine runs, only the engine.......got tired trying to fix it so I play like that for years already)

I noticed the same thing.

I usually have to real the logs after the conversations are over to find out what its being said, just to make sure I didnt miss something important..

So strange, because I swear for most of the campaign so far, all the voices were fine!

The only thing I changed was the music volume, and now even if reverted the music actually broke (never really plays anymore except in the title screen).

Looking at the settings... maybe there's a number format error somewhere.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Hmm, I fiddled a bit with it and now everything is fine again. Enabled EAX in the settings, too.

ha foxhound the arma engine sounds are to quiet. I don't want something to hear when I sitting on the door gun from a helicopter. But in Arma you have the voice slider. Whatever cc need a voice slider too, I read most of the time the subs too. Or I don't care at all and listen to the good music :P

EAX yah but that can only work on cards who support that?

So strange, because I swear for most of the campaign so far, all the voices were fine!

The only thing I changed was the music volume, and now even if reverted the music actually broke (never really plays anymore except in the title screen).

Looking at the settings... maybe there's a number format error somewhere.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Hmm, I fiddled a bit with it and now everything is fine again. Enabled EAX in the settings, too.

As far as I can see you can only enable EAX from the ccsettings file, is this the same for you? I will try this and see if it helps.