Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

80s, 90s, early 2000 US Military

If you look at the clothes Bush senior is wearing it looks like those two pictures were taken same day, same unit. They were more than likely given the wrong patch since it was a new thing for them. If you look at every one American flag on any other BDUs, it's always flying forward.

At this point, it seems like a couple days work has to go into making them ACE compatible, so I think I'll hold off on that cause I don't want to push the release back. I'll test it though to see if they work anyways.

---------- Post added at 02:47 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

Just got done testing the packs with ACE. They still act like packs where you can pack it with weapons, ammo and stuff.

If you use a vanilla classname for a backpack as your parent class, it should inherit the ACE stuff.

Absolutely beautiful work Desert Hawk! I'll be keeping a close eye on this one :)

If you decide to add some late 80's/early 90's SEALs later, I have some reference pictures to

Sounds like everything is in hand. I am eagerly awaiting the release. The only two things I think need to be added are two things yet to be realistically implemented in ARMA. Those are proper cold weather gear and MOPP gear.

Honestly I think these units are already well on their way to being passable as winter equipped with the winter thickness BDUs and gloves etc. So for me the number one request post beta would be MOPP gear, coveralls with a hood that could be up/down, gloves and overboots. Currently it's pretty much impossible to accurately represent any large scale conventional war with ARMA. I would much rather see MOPP gear than more special forces kit that only was used by a few hundred people.

Honestly I think these units are already well on their way to being passable as winter equipped with the winter thickness BDUs and gloves etc. So for me the number one request post beta would be MOPP gear, coveralls with a hood that could be up/down, gloves and overboots. Currently it's pretty much impossible to accurately represent any large scale conventional war with ARMA. I would much rather see MOPP gear than more special forces kit that only was used by a few hundred people.

MOPPs would be cool. OD for 1990-1991, M81 for 2001-2002. Either way, I'm content. These units are amazing as-is. :)

Edited by Laqueesha

I'm sort of running into a problem folks that I don't normally run into. How do I create signature files or keys? I got the DSCreateKey application, but when ever I double click on it, it just flashes a command prompt for a quick second. Nothing happens.

I run something such as the following in a batch file to sign some addons.

You may just want to open a command prompt window and do this via the command line if this is a one time event.

Create Your PrivateKey

DSCreateKey YourPrivateKeyName

Sign all Files in a directory with your PrivateKey

FOR /R C:\ArmA2\@modfolder\Addons\ %%G IN (*.pbo) DO DSSignFile YourPrivateKeyName.biprivatekey %%G

You would only need to run the first line once to create the private key.

You would run the second part from where your privatekey is located, referencing the directory where you want to sign all of the files.

Replace "YourPrivateKeyName" with whatever you wish to call your signatures.

Edited by Impulse9

concerning the 82nd Airborne, there's already a mod that adds these (wearing Multicam) to the game. nothing wrong with having more of the same, but why have mods overlap? just sayin' :rolleyes:

@sorophx: No need to worry, afaik 101st made it to default ;)

MOPP gear would indeed be awesome for a future update! Can't make a decent Desert Storm misison without it :D

only a couple more hours to wait :)

only a couple more hours to wait

Indeed! This is going to be awesome!

I wonder if there's going to be any prison guards or MPs, like in The Last Castle? All that would be needed is just an acrylic shield on a PASGT helmet (maybe even movable) or black beret, MP brassard, and you're good to go. If only we had a Mossberg/Remington pump-action, though. ArmA's always been lacking in the shotty department.

LC_8708.jpg

NEBWn5upwz5NEJ_1_6.jpg

Anyway, keep up the good work. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

So the create key thing is done through my computer's command prompt, not the dscreatekey application?

I forgot to mention the night of Aug 30th, my time, so another day and some change.

Resolved File Creation - Looking forward to impending release.

Edited by Impulse9

God I can't wait, Makes me want to watch Clear and Present Danger while waiting for release lol. I think I may make a Lingor campaign with these guys where they are going after drug cartels?

I actually got a lot of inspiration from Clear and Present Danger. I'd love to make a whole campaign based on it. I think ArmA2's small unit tactics would be well suited for it.

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

Everything is looking on schedule gents.

Can't wait!

So I guess i'll be watching some classics meanwhile...

Disregard mods

Edited by Delta Hawk

I assume the silence in this thread is coming from everyone having a blast in the editor with these awesome units! Thank you Delta Hawk!

One question -- I'm not seeing the unit sleeve patches (1st Cav, specifically), did I miss something in the readme or are they not part of the initial beta?

Is there anyone who are planning to make config files to adapt this addon to ace2?

Is there anyone who are planning to make config files to adapt this addon to ace2?

Hi Takagi,

I don't think the addon's license permits this. Only DeltaHawk can make config files. Check the license in the addon distribution to be sure :)

Takagi, please do not ask that. It is against the EULA to open and edit the config.

Mods, please close this thread since I have moved all my discussions concerning this mod to the "complete" thread.