Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

80s, 90s, early 2000 US Military

You know what really motivates me to continue making stuff for ArmA2? Rigs of Rods. That game is more fustrating than being stuck behind an old lady in line at the grocery store paying for her food with pennies.

Haha tell me about it. Theres a game somewhat like Rigs of Rods but with better graphics and simplified controls called Spin Tires. You can actually get stuck in mud so its pretty fun! It's in beta right now and its free so you should check it out. That game is my dream for Arma 3 driving physics.

WHY DID YOU TOLD HIM ? WHY ? now we'll never get this mod.

Seriously what you did is already amazing. Cant wait till its done. First mission we're going to do is Heartbreak Ridge on Lingor

I find it funny ArmA2 has IR laser, night vision and thermal imaging with other advance warfare type features never before seen in games, yet they have the driving mechanics of 95' N64 Mario Kart. Though that would be funny to shoot bananas from a MK19.

I played Spin Tires, the graphics are pretty cool. I don't understand thier stick shift cause that ain't a stick shift but it's a cool game to play around with for a few minutes.

That'd be cool if someone made a Grenada Island with Cubans. I do have Marines that fit that role. Maybe I'll do a promo pic of them later.

His last post was 24 february and you say its been a while? Asking for updates is considered spamming and for that you recieve an infraction.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

I'm still working on that other project. I won't get done for another two weeks, but I have been working on a small...or more correctly, freakin gaint vehicle on my off time and weekends.

Mother of God, these are amazingly beautiful. You could port them straight to ArmA 3 and they would look right at home. :o

Actually, textures even better than Arma 3

True that! :)

That newest shot is sexier than a pair of tits! I third the statement about Arma 3 too, would be incredible to have those units in the Alpha.

Amazing work, I'm loving the cateyes on the helmets. I've got 10 1990's mechanized kosovo missions that are dying for these models, looking forward to release.

I third the statement about Arma 3 too, would be incredible to have those units in the Alpha.

But there is one big problem with that - who will be their OPFOR? We have only Dead Space-style Iran army for now :)

Actually, textures even better than Arma 3 o_O

Top quality work!

That has a lot of weight to it, especially for someone trying to get into the industry. May I use this for my portfolio?

I'm sorry to announce but the opfor problem for ArmAIII it won't be an issue because I do not plan on releasing or porting this mod by me or anyone else to ArmAIII.

There's several reasons why but before I touch on a couple reasons please respect my decision and this thread and do not post any "negative" or unconstructive comments.

First off, I simply don't have the budget to purchase ArmAIII right now. In order for me to do that, I need to get a job, which will take up most if not all of my time, leaving little time for me to mod for ArmAII. Since ArmAIII is so complex with new, more involving features, plus the fact of trying to learn a new game, it's not feasible to think just one person can or has the time or the willingness or the budget to create AAA game quality assets for ArmAIII. Also ArmAIII is set in 2035, which means unless I'm mistaken, there's no 1990s assets, which creates the need to not only make more assets, but a whole new island. You probably do not like my decision, but please respect them.

I still very much plan on releaseing my mod for ArmAII.

Boy am I glad you are continuing to work on it for A2. I like your decision and completely support it.

I like the decision too, Arma 3's future time setting doesn't really appeal to me

First off, I simply don't have the budget to purchase ArmAIII right now. In order for me to do that, I need to get a job, which will take up most if not all of my time, leaving little time for me to mod for ArmAII. Since ArmAIII is so complex with new, more involving features, plus the fact of trying to learn a new game, it's not feasible to think just one person can or has the time or the willingness or the budget to create AAA game quality assets for ArmAIII. Also ArmAIII is set in 2035, which means unless I'm mistaken, there's no 1990s assets, which creates the need to not only make more assets, but a whole new island. You probably do not like my decision, but please respect them.

I still very much plan on releasing my mod for ArmAII.

Well, damn :(

the compatibility of interchangeable items would have been nice but i see your point, best of luck with getting it out.

That looks amazing, Yura's hawks right?

Yes, they are Yura's wonderful Black Hawks. The quality and effort he put into his Black Hawks are a perfect match for my guys.

Well I'm pretty much done with my client's project so now I'm continuing work on my US Military Mod. I'm glad you guys understand why I've choose not to mod for ArmA3.

I just wanted to show what I've been working on today. I projected and textured a RBA vest this afternoon. This evening I'll be working to put it in game. This vest is noticeably dirty because Rangers are constantly training with little time to clean thier gear.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28808032/pictures/RBA%201.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28808032/pictures/RBA%202.jpg

But Delta! But Delta! The Rangers in Black Hawk Down actually had the 1st gen RBA vest without the back SAPI plate!

This vest is for all my 1990s US Army Rangers, so I decided to make the most common variant which I believe is the 2nd gen RBA.

Very nice! Will this vest actually function in the game? i.e. Will it be able to protect the character from a couple of shot to the chest and back ?