Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

80s, 90s, early 2000 US Military

My God. That. Is. Amazing. DBDU-gasm! Taking it back to the old school! Keep up the great work, man! :)

I'm not sure if there was a period of time where the DBDU was a bit lighter/darker as you can find evidence of both. I guess it's really up to what you think looks better.

The UCP on the ACU went through the same thing. The very early versions of ACU's UCP were bluish-gray, although the newer ones were slightly more green/tan-ish. As far as the DBDU's pattern goes, I think both look great too.

I haven't made the chocolate chip flak cover yet.

That's fine. I think it would be great if there were both woodland vest/choco uniform, and choco chip vest/choco uniform. Get some mix-and-match camo in there, for ol' time's sake. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Thank you for your comments. Half the reason why I'm doing this is for my own pleasure, but ya'll make me want to finish and release it and I'm working very hard on it.

I'm not sure which units will not wear the choco vest cover. Research shows it was usually worn, even in Somalia.

I don't suppose anybody has an example addon of a HMMWV that I can use for reference so I'm not spending days trying to figure out simple stuff?

Thank you for your comments. Half the reason why I'm doing this is for my own pleasure, but ya'll make me want to finish and release it and I'm working very hard on it.

I'm not sure which units will not wear the choco vest cover. Research shows it was usually worn, even in Somalia.

I don't suppose anybody has an example addon of a HMMWV that I can use for reference so I'm not spending days trying to figure out simple stuff?

eXa Humvee's? NXW's M1151's? BI Sample (MLODS)?

Or if you want a actual model

Hmmm... I wouldn't say that anything you find on turbosquid is 'an actual model'. There is no guarantee of accuracy or anything on there. For best results, I would find an actual physical model of a humvee.

Hmmm... I wouldn't say that anything you find on turbosquid is 'an actual model'. There is no guarantee of accuracy or anything on there. For best results, I would find an actual physical model of a humvee.

Nothing below $150-200 anyway...

lol, no silly people, I need a reference for an addon with all the name selections, rvmats, materials .etc. I don't need a reference of a HMMWVs. My dad was Army stationed at Fort Hood. I was a Marine in Wpns Co. and drove HMMWVs for three years. I have over 300 pics of different HMMWVs. I even have references from the actual HMMWV tech manuals. I'd like to see a video game HMMWV or even a high poly HMMWV as accurate as this. In game I can almost smell the distinctive aroma of that diesel exhuast.

I've seen a bunch of picctures of especially Marines and Army Reserve/National Guard soldiers during the Gulf War that didn't have the choco chip covers. I'd personally like to see both if you've already got the woodland vests made.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/cosva.jpg (104 kB)

The-United-States-Gulf-War.jpg

Somehow there will be both. I know for a fact the tankers won't have it because I'm sure they felt it got caught on everything.

Hey delta everything's looking sharp. Are you planning to finish everything or will you release as things are finished? I've got a community chomping at the bit to see these units, especially the woodland ones, on our server.

lol, no silly people, I need a reference for an addon with all the name selections, rvmats, materials .etc. I don't need a reference of a HMMWVs. My dad was Army stationed at Fort Hood. I was a Marine in Wpns Co. and drove HMMWVs for three years. I have over 300 pics of different HMMWVs. I even have references from the actual HMMWV tech manuals. I'd like to see a video game HMMWV or even a high poly HMMWV as accurate as this. In game I can almost smell the distinctive aroma of that diesel exhuast.

Well, there is the biki and the arma sample models.

Thanks Max. I didn't realize the importance of the BI sample models. There's a lot of good info in there.

I plan on release this addon in stages, starting with basic military units. Again I don't know how far I'm going to take this since after all I have to get a job which could take up my time and energy.

---------- Post added at 05:48 ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 ----------

Can I redo the vehicle classes, like the class Car: LandVehicle and it's properties, like HitPoints and their names to better suit my understanding and nameing method?

Are there going to be any replacement packs planned for these units? I love the old fashioned BDU guys, truthfully.

Thanks Max. I didn't realize the importance of the BI sample models. There's a lot of good info in there.

I plan on release this addon in stages, starting with basic military units. Again I don't know how far I'm going to take this since after all I have to get a job which could take up my time and energy.

---------- Post added at 05:48 ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 ----------

Can I redo the vehicle classes, like the class Car: LandVehicle and it's properties, like HitPoints and their names to better suit my understanding and nameing method?

Any named selection is arbitrary. The advantage of using established ones is you don't need to redefine every single little thing if you use class inheritances.

Be sure to read the license of the sample models carefully in case you decide to use any geometry from them. The complete pack and the a2 pack have a share and share alike license that applies to derivative works based on them.

No, there will be no replacement pack.

Can I change the hitpoints, like "HitLFWheel" to "hit_wheel_1"? I don't know what names are hard coded to the game engine.

The reason why I want to change the names to my understanding is I might do more vehicles than just HMMWVs like 5 tons, 2 1/2 tons, HEMMTs, M932s etc. ArmA2 is seriously lacking a realistic logistical aspect of warfare.

Can I change the hitpoints, like "HitLFWheel" to "hit_wheel_1"? I don't know what names are hard coded to the game engine.

AFAIK, no names are hard coded.

The names for oa are different than they were in ArmA to support flat tyre animations and such. You can name them anything you want, but I think there is a thread in the editing subforum about how to set up wheels for the wheel destruction animations with names similar to the ones you're suggesting.

No, there will be no replacement pack.

The reason why I want to change the names to my understanding is I might do more vehicles than just HMMWVs like 5 tons, 2 1/2 tons, HEMMTs, M932s etc. ArmA2 is seriously lacking a realistic logistical aspect of warfare.

From your question above, you asked if its ok to update the properties like on Car : LandVehicle.. that is not a good idea and is bad coding practice. you NEVER want to overwrite any property or rename anything on the base BIS classes. you can make your own class and inherit Car like "class DeltaHawk_HMMWV : Car" etc, and change the names on that new class, but dont change the original class.

if you do, EVERY other object in the game that extends off of "Car" will get your changes, and stuff WILL break.

Not sure of what you were saying in that post, but just in case I wanted to make you aware... Good Luck.. your mod looks promising..

This is my hierarchy for classes, condensed. blah blah blah is where I changed and adding entries for my vehicles. I don't think this should mess with other vehicles.

class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles: All{};

class Land: AllVehicles{};

class LandVehicle: Land{};

class usm_car: LandVehicle

{

blah blah blah

}

class usm_truck: usm_car

{

blah blah blah

};

class usm_m998_w_2dr: usm_car

{

blah blah blah

};

class CfgModels

{

class default{};

class Vehicle: default{};

class usm_car: Vehicle

{

blah blah blah

};

class usm_truck: usm_car

{

blah blah blah

};

class usm_m998_w_2dr: usm_car

{

blah blah blah

};

Edited by Delta Hawk

Every time I shoot my HMMWV in game it spits out chunks of dirt. How or where can I make it metal?

look up .bisurf on the biki. Also, the Take on example model might be of some use on some advanced vehicle features. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any OA vehicle examples.

Ok, I give up. I spent 4 hours trying to figure it out. All I figured out was it involves .rvmats and surfaceInfo="ca\data\Penetration\metalPlate.bisurf"; I don't know where to put surfaceInfo="ca\data\Penetration\metalPlate.bisurf";. Is it something that goes into the config file?

No. You just add the penetration rvmats to faces in the firegeolod.

The rvmats reference bisurf files. Depending on the rvmat, the material you apply may have a wall thickness or it may consider the whole block of geo one solid piece. So, you can assign "realistic" bullet penetration properties and armour thicknesses per face if you choose the correct armour plate thickness. This also means you may want to block in things like the engine block and armoured seats, etc.

I would say the best way would be to unpack the CA.pbo found in Arma2\Addons directory, then look in the ca\data\penetration folder.

find the rvmat you want to use, like armor_16mm_plate.rvmat

Then open your model, select the firegeometry and then select the component you want either whole model or parts.

Press E to get the face properties window up and just paste the rvmat path eg. CA\data\penetration\armor_16mm_plate.rvmat

and it should work.

Edited by Stiltman