Sign in to follow this  

Hello

Game looks great so i got it on steam

loaded it up and went into the campaign, got passed the cutscenes and...

most of the textures are missing.

other units are invisible and only one direction I look has a ground.

I can still see the sea below and the sky.

My graphics and audio drivers are updated.

I'm using an Alienware M17x R3

with Windows 7 professional 64-bit

32GB ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580M

Intel Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

I'm hoping it's a quick fix but if not i'll wait

Hi Memorialkestrel,

I'm not sure what's causing this, but I'd recommend trying to delete ccsettings.xml from your documents/CarrierCommand folder first, then starting the game to see if it helped.

The afore-mentioned file contains your graphics settings etc, so I'd start by deleting it, so everything is regenerated to default. Once you've done that, don't change any settings and jump straight into the campaign to see if it helped (yes you'll have a dreadful resolution at first, but we must test where the problem is).

If that fails then try to check what settings you have on your graphics card. Probably best to backup graphics card settings to a backup nvidia profile, and restore them all to default. Then try loading the game and seeing if it helped. If it does you can then restore the previous profile and try to locate which caused the problem.

Lastly, if that doesn't work then it could be that some of the game files are corrupted, so a reinstall may help, though I'd try to keep this as the last option.

Turn off any forced antialiasing in the Nvidia control panel or any tuning tool you might be running and try again.

Thank you for the replies

Sorry I had to wait till I returned from work to try any of the ideas.

I tried preachers idea first as it seemed to be quickest to try and it seems to be working for the time being.

so thanks for the help

memorialkestrel