Sign in to follow this  
lordbane

Minor AI issues (Not Walrus pathfinding)

First off, I absolutely love this game! I grew up playing the original CC and am thoroughly enjoying this.

With all the complaining about the issues with Walrus pathfinding I just wanted to make sure a little light was shown on some other minor problems I’ve come across so that hopefully they’ll get looked at sooner or later.

I am playing the Steam version, so it should have the latest patch already.

Mantas and mountains:

Not a huge problem, but I’ve come across several occasions where a Manta will try to attack an enemy walrus or gun installation that happens to be near a mountain. The Manta will sometimes fly to where it’s right above the mountain and then try to reduce it’s altitude so that it can rain death down upon it’s target. But instead, it gets stuck constantly trying to lower it’s self but unable to do so because of the mountain below it.

Manta forgets where the trigger is:

I’ve seen this happen a lot with Mantas armed with missiles, and one gun, usually lasers or machine guns. I’ll tell it to target something, I’ve seen it happen when targeting enemy Mantas, Walruses, gun installations and buildings, the Manta will fly to it’s target, and strafe around acting like it’s attacking the enemy, but never actually fires any weapons.

I am playing the Steam version, so it should have the latest patch already.

Are you sure you have the 1.2? I have the steam version too and I still have the 1.1.

but whatever I have a other problem with the AI, when you choose the aggressive behavior for your units you cant let them dock because they want to attack everything but I only give them the order to dock in the battle before they blew up. You must change it back to defensive mode that they will do it. This time you need to change it back is most of the time to long and the Manta is lost. For the Walrus it is the same but they will die with defensive too because they are to slow so it doesn't matter for them.

Are you sure you have the 1.2? I have the steam version too and I still have the 1.1.

From what I've read around here. the Steam 1.1 version is the same as the non-Steam 1.2. And the version numbers will start matching starting with patch 1.3

Yes, they didn't update the exe on the steam release. Only the game files