Sign in to follow this  
colmaniac

Campaign - Endymion island cant get to one of the jammers

On this mission you have to take out the jammers so you have contact with you craft or they go out of range, I have taken out the one to the East and the one to the North-East, but the 3rd one I cannot get near, the 3rd one is near the ships docking port icon on map, I have manually steered the ship as close to land as possible, but the max range ring on the map is just on the edge of the target location, on taking a craft there the craft screen is washed out and I cannot see the target to deactivate it, if I get right ontop of the scrambler I loose control of the craft. How do you do it? Thanks

Scramblers work kind off funny.

Sometimes, being a bit further off from them can increase your control range so don't bring your carrier in too close. With larger range, you should be able to bring units there.

Had this issue aswell in a Strategic game.

ok thanks il give that a try, I have tried just no shooting them with the ships cannon and the first one i destroyed so il give that ago as well :)

I think the carrier doesn't neutralize the closest one, it only neutralizes ONE of them. And if there is another one nearby, your telemetry range is crippled.

Move around the island till the situation improves.

lol, done it, the carrier can take out 2 of them with ease, but the 3rd one is covered by buildings. The mission said deactivate it but didnt say destroy, easier than trying to turn it off closeup lol

Another thing to remember is that you can instruct units to attack a target from the map, so if they are right on the edge of telemetry, you can select them on the map, then click on the scrambler icon, they will attack it even if you can't see clear enough to attack it yourself.