Sign in to follow this  
twentyONE

XBOX Players

Hope you guys don't mind if I start a thread to keep all XBOX related info and questions in one place.

First of all:

What is the status of an update or patch for the XBOX version....or will there even be one?

Also, anyone out there played this on XBOX yet and if so how does it play? And how does it compare to the PC version as far as bugs/problems, etc...?

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

What the HELL? The game was supposed to be out yesterday in the US on XBOX and now, suddenly GameStop is telling me that it won't be out until the 19th? What kind of a communication fail is this? According here to BI the game is available now....I'm confused!

Honest question: If you want/expect updates (other than non-free DLC/Expansions/Sequels), why did you get a console?

Release date: The game is probably available in electronic format in all territories, and in physical format only in some territories.

I would play the game on my xbox but i can't find it in Italy!!!

Hope you guys don't mind if I start a thread to keep all XBOX related info and questions in one place.

First of all:

What is the status of an update or patch for the XBOX version....or will there even be one?

Also, anyone out there played this on XBOX yet and if so how does it play? And how does it compare to the PC version as far as bugs/problems, etc...?

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

What the HELL? The game was supposed to be out yesterday in the US on XBOX and now, suddenly GameStop is telling me that it won't be out until the 19th? What kind of a communication fail is this? According here to BI the game is available now....I'm confused!

Hi,

I am from UK and it's been available for a few days now. It runs smooth, obviously not as graphically advanced as PC would be, but it sure looks nice enough! Only issues I have found so far, and this is all over forums for both versions, and that's the Walrus pathfinding. You have to manage it more than you should, but other than that, it's great. I am a fan of the original, and played it to death in my childhood!

To the PC guy above - We do get game updates, you know? Look at Fallout: New Vegas, it's (barely) playable now! :p

Honest question: If you want/expect updates (other than non-free DLC/Expansions/Sequels), why did you get a console?

Let's end the anti-console rhetoric now please. Some people like them, some people don't and never the twain shall meet. The Xbox and PS3 receive patches and updates just like the PC.

Speaking as a PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 owner.

I know there are updates, but they usually are far in between. Though I guess times are changing and it doesn't cost anything to ask. But it's rare enough to get proper patches for PC games if they are released in a less-than-optimal state, or address some niche audience. (however, BI has kind of a special status here because their products have a very long shelf life)

I know there are updates, but they usually are far in between. Though I guess times are changing and it doesn't cost anything to ask. But it's rare enough to get proper patches for PC games if they are released in a less-than-optimal state, or address some niche audience. (however, BI has kind of a special status here because their products have a very long shelf life)

I can honestly say, after having my xbox since release, I have only had a problem with 1 game not getting updates, and that was OP:Flash Dragon Rising. Codemasters kind of dug a grave for that, wayyy too fast! I would honestly prefer to have a PC, but I don't have the luxury of that at the moment, so the box will do ok for me now.

To add to that, BI have done a great job on the console command input. Again, this would be easier on PC, but they have handled it well, and it's quite easy to use!

I just got the game from Amazon today, and have been playing for a few hours now. Im starting to wish I would have gotten the PC version. I usually prefer console versions of games just because there is too much hassle with getting PC games working after a few years, and I don't have to mess with steam and whatnot. I don't mind the lower resolution, and less detailed textures. This game blurred everything too much though. It looks like its running in a resolution way lower than 720p, but its not. It reminds me of the Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing setting that some PC games have, only way worse. You cant tell what anything is unless its right by you. If it wasn't for the blur, the game would look fine. Not amazing or anything, but perfectly fine.

Other than that one issue, the game plays great. The interface and controls are excellent. I haven't noticed any performance issues yet either.

Let's end the anti-console rhetoric now please. Some people like them, some people don't and never the twain shall meet. The Xbox and PS3 receive patches and updates just like the PC.

Speaking as a PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 owner.

Yeah. Question: Introduction of multiple visual settings (some which only work on PC) is - I guess - just a matter of time and money? E.g. I'm thinking of the anti alialising. It's rather poor and a lot of jagged edges. Those edges actually don't look like they've been rendered in my screen res (1920x1200), but as if they were upscaled from a lower resolution. I wish there was higher quality visuals settings for machines, that support it...

I feel that the £31.99 price tag done a lot of damage to the initial sales. You see £24.99 or £29.99, and think, fair price for a new game and buy. Seeing it for sale at £31.99 makes you think twice. It may be only a few pounds, but those few ponds look much larger once they cross the 30 mark.

Hello. I have been playing the XBOX version since 10/5...no big issues...great game!

It did load a patch in which prevented an AutoSave corruption issue.

I noticed how when I get hit the screen shakes, colors get a bit weird, and everything becomes very clear for a second. That's really annoying, as it shows that the blurriness must be a choice by the developers, and not just something that had to be done for performance or whatnot. I guess it means that its a personal preference thing. Maybe its just that the depth of field is way overdone for my tastes or something. To bad there is no option to turn the blur off.

Totally enjoying this game btw. Yes I have to massage the AI controlled vehicles most the time of asking anything BUT, seeing them all operating going about their duties - even just passing each other between the carrier and land is so cool. Was having a lot of fun on Outpost (I think it's called) last night, until I crashed my Manta while dive bombing a turret. Not so good! Seems I don't have enough tech to build a new one yet so hopefully I haven't messed up the campaign flow and with a bit of luck I'll discover the blueprints soon?