Sign in to follow this  
terellef

Trouble with the in air refueling mod need advice

Ok so I found this cool mod which allows you to refuel in mid air from the kc1 tanker or something around those lines not sure of the name of the plane. Thanks to Kylania I understand how to install these things so I don’t see where I’m going wrong. To be frank the readme is utter Bullsh~~# it comes across more as an autobiography then a readme installation instruction, anyway it says put in the init line of the plane This setvariable [“heightRefuelâ€, 800];

When I put this it says invalid number in the expression

This setvariable [“refuelPointâ€, [0.00,-0.60,0.50], true];

Same message

This is the only line that works

this setvariable ["infiniteFuel", true, true];

So what do I do please let me know thank you community

Edited by terellef
spell check :)

Got a link to the mod you're talking about? I'm not really finding anything with tankers or mid-air refueling.

Is this?

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136035-Module-AF-(All-Fuel)-released

The problem are the quotes (The example was done with a text editor that used a different style of quotes).

The copy-paste the readme passed the problem and the community (copy-paste fanatic transferred the problem)

The last example you show, it works because the types of quotes are correct.

This is incorrect:

This setvariable [“heightRefuelâ€, 800];

This setvariable [“refuelPointâ€, [0.00,-0.60,0.50], true];

This is correct:

this setvariable ["infiniteFuel", true, true];

I remember that in an earlier post clarified the issue ...

An updated, more advanced, with many models of airplanes and helicopters are allowed to leave shortly (including refueling probes for the Russian side and Sukhois IL-78, etc.)

I just need to get some time ...

Greetings.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Greetings Raven,

I see you’re the creator of the refuelling mod, First I would like to thank you for taking the time out to personally address this issue.

Yes the Link you posted does refer to the same problem I have

Could you tell me how the This setvariable [“heightRefuelâ€, 800]; line should look please

Please don’t be offended no disrespect intended I’m sure the mod is great I’ve heard the feedback and seen it with my own eyes I’ve just never used it

So thank you and please let me know how it should look

Kindest regards

Let's play differences, shall we:

What you have:

This setvariable [“heightRefuelâ€, 800];

What you should have:

this setVariable ["heightRefuel", 800];

Basically go through any pasted code and delete and replace all " with ". :)

@terellef

We're good. No problem.

@Kylania

Always a faithful companion, comrade attending. Thank you.

:( I just cant get it to work can anyone make a vid please the codes go in but i dont know how to make the mod activate

do i need ace

Edited by terellef

No I didn’t download it but I have now where do I get the map from Cernuous I haven’t got it will it work without it

I’m using operation arrowhead arma 2 btw

And another question is

Do the I have to group or sync players with ai the I need to understand this more maybe a new readme would be good made with notepad

Edited by terellef

You can't download Chernarus really. You could use Arma 2 free to set up a lite version of Combined Ops though (I'll let you do the searching if you wanna do that, there are plenty of threads regarding this, both here on the BI Forums and on Armaholic).

I've never used this mod, so my help will be limited here, but here's what I gather from the manual (better to be read in spanish, as the english translated version comes with quite a few grammatical errors, but it's a pretty good Manual if you ask me):

You basically don't need to do nothing, but to put the module on your map (first page of the manual).

- Then put on your map a KC-130, set it to flying (in it's special box)

- You can, if you want, give it a waypoint (pressing F4, then double clicking somewhere on the map). If you don't it will assume a straight path, at a limited speed, 1500 m high.

- Set your aircraft (for example a F-35) somewhere behind it, set it to flying too.

Preview.

When you got this working, you can start testing those pieces of codes you were talking about earlier, which are only useful to:

- add the air refueling capacity to uncommon airplanes (addons)

- change the flight altitude of your tanker

- add infinite fuel to your tanker.

Hope that helps.

yes it makes alot more sense then the readme thankyou Blackmamb:yay: