Sign in to follow this  
swatti

Anyone else get mad vibes from "Hostile Waters" ?

Needless to say, this new Carrier Command isnt tied to HW in any way but the original Carrier Command gave inspiration to "Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising" that was released in 2001, the similarities between all three games are VERY noticable.

So, did anyone else dig up their copy of Hostile Waters recently?

To those who may have not heard of Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising, i STRONGLY suggest to try it. It may be a bit hard to find as its got some age to it and the company making it went bust if i remember.

Even tho graphics have gone ahead since HW:AR its still rather good looking game and most sertainly deserves a playthru for anyone who likes Carrier Command.

If im not mistaken, some "steam-like" servise offered this rare jewel, mine is on a disc and has earned its special spot on my collection and in my memories. Kinda feel like giving it another go... ;)

I had fun with Hostile waters, it was a temporary fix for my Carrier command addiction. But I think CCGM is what I have craving for since the original Carrier Command, this is it baby. :ok:

I still have a copy of Hostile Waters on my shelf. I bought it because it was the nearest thing I could find to Carrier Command. Class game, great action, strategy, and adding the V chip personalities was a genius move, especially when they started arguing with each other.

Only thing really that bugged me was that the Antaeus Carrier itself was unremarkable. Didn't move, couldn't fight, etc. Didn't look as sleek as my new toy either.

Apart from that, I'd still recommend it today.

You can still get it for $5 USD online.

I like CCGM. However, apart from the strategy portion of the game and the updated graphics HW:AR is just as good.

I did love the V-chips too. They make the game remarkable. :)

I miss the functionality of the Magpie, the old-fashioned resource gathering, and sneaking around in the buggie (serious offroad action!) for a sneak attack with the howitzer. Maybe someone can do an HR mod for CCGM. Rofl.

I have the game but havent played it in a long time.

Its a decent game, but just cant compare to CCGM if you ask me.

I liked Hostile waters quite a lot, but never completed it. The one thing I couldn't get my head around was that people were driving stuff.

I liked Hostile waters quite a lot, but never completed it. The one thing I couldn't get my head around was that people were driving stuff.

Actually they were not people, instead it was a computer chip you inserted into the vehicle.

These chips contained the the mind and personality of a living person with the skills and experiences of said person, but there were no actual people that were driving the vehicles

I always had a thing for Borden.....

Fired up my old rig - loaded HW - absolute blast :)

I liked putting Borden in a medical Scarab just to listen to her complain. "Come to nurse Borden" Yes nurse! :bounce3:

I LOVE HOSTILE WATERS - in my posts since launch i already said there would be a good thing to consider adding a few HW features...

Yes, I concur. Hostile Waters was years ahead of its time and Carrier Command could benefit from a few features that it had. Especially when it comes to control and UI feedback.