Sign in to follow this  
Ham4tw

Can't rebuild a destroyed command center with HACK-CAPSULE

So I played the campaign for a little while (got upto the train part) but I've not yep come to a 'tutorial' as yet. I've gone into strategy thinking I can figure it out..

I've managed to rebuild or capture a neutral Command Center once with the 'HACK-CAPSULE' on a Walrus. I'm now on another neutral island with a destroyed command center and I can't figure out why it wont rebuild. I've driven into the Command Centre ruins and pressed 'F' to no avail. Am I missing something?

Thanks

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd236/spgainham/CommandCentre.jpg (166 kB)

You can't hack a destroyed center.

Use a RESC, DFNS or FACT capsule instead to build a new one on top of the ruins (takes a while).

It can take a long to to rebuild, it's a lot faster to just hack them.

But there's no right or wrong way to play the game so just have fun. :)

Cool thanks for that I would have been trying to HACK rubble for hours lol. This command center was already destroyed on a neutral island so had no option.

Does the campaign mode go onto a tutorial if I continue playing it?

The whole campaign is basically about teaching you how to use various components in the game. It eases the player into the game without throwing everything at them all at once like the strategy game mode.

But there's no right or wrong way to play the game so just have fun. :)

I disagree.

Yesterday I was so drunk that I bombed my carrier.

Accidentally destroyed my own walrus with manta rockets.

Turned my ship as a walrus was incoming to dock (carrier 1, walrus 0).

Flew 2 of my manta's into the ground / wall.

So there. That's a wrong way to play.

Haha Daeion something that reminds me what I do drunk yesterday. Undock all ground units and turn the carrier and blow up all of them in on sec.

Haha Daeion something that reminds me what I do drunk yesterday. Undock all ground units and turn the carrier and blow up all of them in on sec.

At first I thought my carrier farted but then I noticed the walrus explosion... Poor Walrus 8. He will be missed, especially the ammo box, gatling gun, MKII armor he was carrying.

Turned my ship as a walrus was incoming to dock (carrier 1, walrus 0).

QUOTE]

I have done this too. Got to love carrier ball :D

Just playing Carrier Command now.. and what random song choice comes up on my mp3 playlist? Top Gun theme tune, Epic.

Time to launch some Manta and buzz the tower hehe :-)

That's a wrong way to play.

How so? Is it written somewhere that the game must be played in a specific way? You can play it that way if you wish.

How so? Is it written somewhere that the game must be played in a specific way? You can play it that way if you wish.

The state my game ended up was hardly what I call playable in the end... Thank god for cheatengine and the timewarp workaround :P

How long it will take to rebuild Command Center from capsule?

I've played a bit with tutorial and on one island i've tried to hack Command Center but it blowed away and tip said that I should rebuild it. So, i've got building capsule and started rebuilding process, there appeared Command center hologram and i've decided to move out because all objectives was completed, but when I've got back to that island, only ruins ramained. I've tried to build Command Center again using another production capsule with no success -- i've waited 15 minutes and nothing happened.

It takes a long time to rebuild.

I dont know exactly how long, but you dont have to sit and wait for it.

You can move on to the next island while the Command Center is rebuilding.

Can I see some indication of progress somewhere? Because when I've returned only ruins was visible and I was able to start another building process over the same Command center.

I am sure not many people have gone back to the command centre to see how its progress is going, but try going to the next island and see if it goes blue while you are working on that one. It is possible that the hologram effect only appears at the time when you start it. I dont use them a lot, I prefer the hack, but every time I have used one, I just left it alone and it completed itself.

I'll try again, but that time island never turned into blue, it was neutral all the time while i've captured couple more islands.

A_W check the official missions fourm. i believe there is a bug that sometimes doesn't make the command center come back. I forgot the name of the island though.

RedeyeX

It takes a long time to rebuild.

I dont know exactly how long, but you dont have to sit and wait for it.

Read his post, he left the island to come back to find the cc a pile of rubble..... same thing happened to me.

Sure BI isn't 'Bugs Interactive'?!