Sign in to follow this  
Bariel

Destroy the AA nests

There is an AA nest near the command centre which seems to me to be impossible to get a shot at with a walrus, and mantas can't be used until the AA nests are destroyed. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I think I got a walrus with a laser and MkI armor and went in by myself to take them out. I also used the carrier with plasma to help out. There is 1 maybe 2 AA nests that you can take out using the carrier.

It took me a while to get all of them, but I got them.

Yes, that's exactly what I did, and I have taken all of them out except for this last one which is near the CC, on a cliff and behind a gate, and I can't seem to find a location that will allow me to get a shot at it - very frustrating to say the least. I am sure I am missing something simple

The one near the cliff should have a slight opening to allow you to shoot the plasma in there. Press Tab to zoom in and see.

If this is the island I'm thinking of, follow the road around the outside of the wall and up the hill. There's a closed gate on the left which has an explosive on the right hand side you can shoot to open the gate and take some of the guns out from inside the compound. Or if you follow the road past the closed gate you come to a point where the road is blocked by rocks and debris, you may be able to get a shot from there. Don't try to go past the rocks, or you end up getting grounded.

Ah, I didn't realise you could open that gate - will give it a try - thank you

If this is the island I'm thinking of, follow the road around the outside of the wall and up the hill. There's a closed gate on the left which has an explosive on the right hand side you can shoot to open the gate and take some of the guns out from inside the compound. Or if you follow the road past the closed gate you come to a point where the road is blocked by rocks and debris, you may be able to get a shot from there. Don't try to go past the rocks, or you end up getting grounded.

I can confirm this, the gate will open if you shoot at the "explosive" on the right side of the gate. Im sorry for nitpicking but i do belive it is actually a door control unit,

as you have to do the same thing on another one to open the door to the command center.

I also spent about 10 minutes before i figured that out, i actually thought they were missile silos (holding missiles to shoot down the drop pods)

i even parkoured up on the hill the other side of the gate to get a vantage point to shoot at it (inadvertantly falling down the other side and finding one of those rusted radar stations which can be interacted with yet seem to do nothing, I've found them on most islands, seriosly what are they? woops going off topic sorry :/)

Ha, I know the one you're talking about, I didn't know that gate opened. After alot of trying I got a walrus to ramp up where the gap is between the wall next to the nest and the mesa. I was pretty sure that wasn't how you were suppose to do that but after an hour of looking around for a vantage point to shoot the thing I got desperate.

Actually there's there a bit of a spoiler bug where you can bypass having to destroy the nests completely:

after having destroyed the shield generators, there's a back entrance to the command center area past the western aa nest where the control room access door building can be destroyed. I even managed to sneak that walrus through the broken boulders somehow first time although it didn't have the hack capsule, the walrus on the other side of the door had it.

Haven't tried sneaking a walrus with a capsule through those boulders without destroying the shield generators, might be worth someone trying out hehe.

Edited by Tasslehoff

I had to use a grenade to get one of these. I couldn't see the AA turret but I got in position and popped a few grenades over the top. After a while I got it, and it change to take the command centre. Where Okora tells you how to open the gates.